Here it is!

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 11:20 AM
More pics...

Lacero
Oct 18, 2005, 11:22 AM
Lucky SOB. :p

Nice pics!!

Are the edges sharp as the old 1G and 2G iPods?

CubaTBird
Oct 18, 2005, 11:23 AM
talk about a screen getting scratched up the wazooo... and that case, looks like something you'd find at pic n' save.. haha not but it looks awesome, though it seriously needs a good case.. and whats that plastic rim around the 'pod? i smell a throwback to the first gen!

dejo
Oct 18, 2005, 11:23 AM
Yay, clayj!

Hey, what's that thing that looks like a cradle (between the earbuds and earbud covers) in that one pic?

P.S. I take it Fedex got their sh_t together.

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 11:27 AM
Yay, clayj!

Hey, what's that thing that looks like a cradle (between the earbuds and earbud covers) in that one pic?

P.S. I take it Fedex got their sh_t together.I'm psyched.

It's a dock adapter... remember, this new iPod is thinner than the old ones, and so needs a little help if it's going to fit into any sort of old dock. (Which I don't have one of anyway, so this adapter's just going back into the box, along with the earbuds.)

And they only got their act together after I browbeat them severely. ;)

devilot
Oct 18, 2005, 11:32 AM
Interesting that Bono's picture is on the box itself-- a consolation prize for having the U2 iPod discontinued, perhaps?

Thanks for the pictures, by the way!

2nyRiggz
Oct 18, 2005, 11:35 AM
tell me how the video looks(when your done charging it and uploading) and how does it feel in your hand?

going from a nano to the nano's father in all

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 11:39 AM
tell me how the video looks(when your done charging it and uploading) and how does it feel in your hand?

going from a nano to the nano's father in allYeah, it's gonna take a while for all 5125 songs to synch to it... and I still haven't imported any videos into my Videos yet, but I have ripped Blade Runner and Sin City into what I *believe* are iPod-compatible formats.

Will post more when I have it.

puckhead193
Oct 18, 2005, 11:43 AM
it looks nice! i was wonder if you can please take a picture next to another ipod, it look very wide to me. thanks

Chundles
Oct 18, 2005, 11:44 AM
Damn, that looks cool.

Any possibility of a photo of the screen at full brightness?

Maybe a photo of it next to a picture of Douglas Adams?

Yeah, I know, but someone has to start asking for strange photos. Gee it looks good though eh?

Chundles
Oct 18, 2005, 11:45 AM
it looks nice! i was wonder if you can please take a picture next to another ipod, it look very wide to me. thanks

You do know they are the same size don't you?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=1824088&postcount=507

vouder17
Oct 18, 2005, 11:58 AM
wow nice pics..I am really interested in that little pimp case that comes with the iPod...Is it as sleek as it looks.
Well my bro is getting one soon as well, will have to wait, but as soon as he gets his black 30GB iPod. I will post.
Thanks again and i believe that that Fed-Ex lady was lying.

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 12:06 PM
wow nice pics..I am really interested in that little pimp case that comes with the iPod...Is it as sleek as it looks.
Well my bro is getting one soon as well, will have to wait, but as soon as he gets his black 30GB iPod. I will post.
Thanks again and i believe that that Fed-Ex lady was lying.The case is pretty much just two pieces of neoprene (I think) sewed together... light grey on the outside, white on the inside, with the word "iPod" embossed at the top. Nothing special, and certainly not something I will use long-term... but I'm glad to have it. Wish the nano had come with something similar.

puckhead193
Oct 18, 2005, 12:12 PM
You do know they are the same size don't you?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=1824088&postcount=507
it still looks wider to me.... :o

devilot
Oct 18, 2005, 12:52 PM
Hey clayj, do you think you could take pictures of your 5gen iPod next to your nano? :D I'd love to see the thinness compared and just, the screens next to each other and whatnot. If it's too much trouble, no prob bob. :o

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 01:02 PM
Hey clayj, do you think you could take pictures of your 5gen iPod next to your nano? :D I'd love to see the thinness compared and just, the screens next to each other and whatnot. If it's too much trouble, no prob bob. :oYour (occasional) wish is my command. ;) (Screen photos will have to wait... still synching.)

Lacero
Oct 18, 2005, 01:10 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32894

Holy shmoly... that's thin. Thinner than even teh mini. :p

killuminati
Oct 18, 2005, 01:14 PM
Ahhhh!!! I'm sooooo jealous!!!

Mine hasn't even shipped yet! It's beautiful! All day long I just keep checking my order status. It's driving me crazy!

pdpfilms
Oct 18, 2005, 01:36 PM
Ahhhh!!! I'm sooooo jealous!!!

Mine hasn't even shipped yet! It's beautiful! All day long I just keep checking my order status. It's driving me crazy!

Same... still processing, shipping on "10/24". Did these ipods that have been recieved ship earlier than their estimated dates?

....please say yes.

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 02:05 PM
Same... still processing, shipping on "10/24". Did these ipods that have been recieved ship earlier than their estimated dates?

....please say yes.Yes. Mine was due to ship "on or before 10/21". It shipped 10/17, and I received it on 10/18 (after much yelling at FedEx).

Platform
Oct 18, 2005, 02:31 PM
Wee......nice pics :eek: :eek: :D :D

bursty
Oct 18, 2005, 02:35 PM
Very cool pics. Let us know how the video turns out.

devilot
Oct 18, 2005, 02:40 PM
Your (occasional) wish is my command. ;) (Screen photos will have to wait... still synching.)Thank you so much! Those were exactly what I was thinking... what I meant by screens was just to see the physical screen like that side by side.

Awesome pics, hope your iPod is all you hoped for! It's lovely to look at. :o

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 02:45 PM
Thank you so much! Those were exactly what I was thinking... what I meant by screens was just to see the physical screen like that side by side.

Awesome pics, hope your iPod is all you hoped for! It's lovely to look at. :oHow's this? (I'm still synching):

devilot
Oct 18, 2005, 02:52 PM
How's this? (I'm still synching):Wow, it really is like having a personal genie; make my wish, *poof* ;)

That looks awesome... I'm still glad that I got a nano though :o , really do prefer the tiny form factor but the new iPod is so much sleeker than its predecessors.

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 02:53 PM
make my wish, *poof* ;)Are you calling me a poof? :mad: ;)

ryannel2003
Oct 18, 2005, 03:08 PM
Man I have to wait until Christmas to get mine!!! :mad: :D

WeeShoo
Oct 18, 2005, 03:09 PM
Would you say it's worth it? Also, do you think the surface will scratch like the nano?

Lacero
Oct 18, 2005, 03:10 PM
Would you say it's worth it? Also, do you think the surface will scratch like the nano?
Clayj should test out the screen's durability.

Here Clayj, some sandpaper for you to test.

http://www.swlink.net/~w5jh/sandpaper.jpg

iDM
Oct 18, 2005, 03:27 PM
Wow, it really is like having a personal genie; make my wish, *poof* ;)

That looks awesome... I'm still glad that I got a nano though :o , really do prefer the tiny form factor but the new iPod is so much sleeker than its predecessors.

This is one of those instances where even though a new product was released the product released before is still awesome. I just ordered a black 30 gig, but yet i still/will covet those sweet little non-hd nanos.

All this talk of the nano screen scartching issue has got me a little worried, i kept my 3rd gen is such good condition even without a case(i couldn't stand having it in a case my iskin screen cover turned an ugly yellow, and the iskin did not slide in my jeans pocket, it required having to restuff my turned inside out pockets back in.) I'm concerned that I'm gonna have to buy some big ugly bulky case to keep this thing nice. Anyone think i can get away with one of those plastic static screen protectors?(p.s. did anyone else have the ability to add the screen protectors onto your order, but not been able to find them on the site?) I won't mind the metal polish scratching a bit or even the black finish i just don't want that beautiful screen to scratch!

Jay42
Oct 18, 2005, 03:39 PM
Ehhh, what a throw-away case. They shouldn't even advertise that, its a disgrace. I remember the good old days when the top-of-the-line iPods really included everything, even a legitimate case.

zap2
Oct 18, 2005, 03:58 PM
it the click wheel smaler or bigger then the 4g wheel?

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 04:05 PM
it the click wheel smaler or bigger then the 4g wheel?Sorry, I don't have a 4G anymore to compare it to.

2nyRiggz
Oct 18, 2005, 05:27 PM
the screen looks great and its really cool....but i can't get one i have too many.

Where the hell are the nano tubes?? man this is killin me....anybody not using a tube and would like to GIVE me one? (nano tube that is)

Bless

w_parietti22
Oct 18, 2005, 05:45 PM
WOW! I want one, but I just got a Nano... hmmm. Oh well.

dcv
Oct 18, 2005, 06:22 PM
Sorry, I don't have a 4G anymore to compare it to.

Send me your new video iPod and i'll compare it to my 4G one. :D

Phat_Pat
Oct 18, 2005, 06:24 PM
damn clayj.... first a nano now a iPod

:p

serious do those videos that you've ripped work on that thing :confused:

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 06:29 PM
damn clayj.... first a nano now a iPod

:p

serious do those videos that you've ripped work on that thing :confused:No, they don't. The steps that were supposed to work DON'T work so far... experimentation continues.

Phat_Pat
Oct 18, 2005, 06:35 PM
did you try these steps (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/creatingvideo.html)

hmmm if you do get videos on there this may be useful for you....link (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302250)

edit: i just noticed theres no remote connector.... whats the deal with that

wnameth
Oct 18, 2005, 06:38 PM
Man I have to wait until Christmas to get mine!!! :mad: :D

same here man :(

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 06:39 PM
did you try these steps (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/creatingvideo.html)

hmmm if you do get videos on there this may be useful for you....link (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302250)

edit: i just noticed theres no remote connector.... whats the deal with thatI really don't want to have to buy QuickTime Pro... especially since it doesn't offer an option to rip from DVD to iPod.

Phat_Pat
Oct 18, 2005, 06:41 PM
I really don't want to have to buy QuickTime Pro... especially since it doesn't offer an option to rip from DVD to iPod.
ohh sorry i was assuming you already had it...

efoto
Oct 18, 2005, 09:40 PM
Interesting that Bono's picture is on the box itself-- a consolation prize for having the U2 iPod discontinued, perhaps?

Thanks for the pictures, by the way!

The Gorillaz album art is shown as well on the box which is funny considering they had nothing to do with Apple specifically before. I think it's cool though, I hope Apple continues to partner with other groups/bands other than (or in addition if they must) U2. There are a ton that deserve it, would be awesome to randomly print them on boxes and stuff.

Rob587
Oct 18, 2005, 09:47 PM
I like how you got a 5thgen ipod before I got my nano. I ordered it like weeks ago, and its supposed to come tommarow.

devilot
Oct 19, 2005, 12:32 AM
The Gorillaz album art is shown as well on the box which is funny considering they had nothing to do with Apple specifically before. I think it's cool though, I hope Apple continues to partner with other groups/bands other than (or in addition if they must) U2. There are a ton that deserve it, would be awesome to randomly print them on boxes and stuff.Hmm good point about the Gorillaz, never really gave it another thought. :o My bf had an interesting thought (probably mentioned back then when iPods were first released x # of years ago... but wouldn't it be neat if for every iPod shipped, there was a single unique song on it? It'd be a fun way to get different artists noticed and something fun for people to share w/ each other, "What song did your iPod come w/?" "Oh this totally random choral group, you?" "Man, I was so lucky, I got a single from __________. Rock out dudesy! I love them!"

pdpfilms
Oct 19, 2005, 01:04 AM
Hmm good point about the Gorillaz, never really gave it another thought. :o My bf had an interesting thought (probably mentioned back then when iPods were first released x # of years ago... but wouldn't it be neat if for every iPod shipped, there was a single unique song on it? It'd be a fun way to get different artists noticed and something fun for people to share w/ each other, "What song did your iPod come w/?" "Oh this totally random choral group, you?" "Man, I was so lucky, I got a single from __________. Rock out dudesy! I love them!"

Hahaha Rock Out Dudesy! That's perfect.

840quadra
Oct 19, 2005, 04:34 AM
now i wish I wouldn't have decided on an iBook :(

White looks nice and I am sure that is the color I will go with. I got my black fix with the nano, and so far no scratches!

http://forums.macrumors.com/image.php?u=47064&type=profile&dateline=1127904880

Abstract
Oct 19, 2005, 05:32 AM
I don't necessarily need to see a photo of it (saving clayj some work), but if you hook that baby up to a tv, how does the video work?

I guess I'll wait until you get video working before expecting a response. :o

Man, watching those photos of you unwrapping your iPod slowly...... :eek:
Its like watching a woman strip or something.

efoto
Oct 19, 2005, 07:39 AM
Hmm good point about the Gorillaz, never really gave it another thought. :o My bf had an interesting thought (probably mentioned back then when iPods were first released x # of years ago... but wouldn't it be neat if for every iPod shipped, there was a single unique song on it? It'd be a fun way to get different artists noticed and something fun for people to share w/ each other, "What song did your iPod come w/?" "Oh this totally random choral group, you?" "Man, I was so lucky, I got a single from __________. Rock out dudesy! I love them!"

It would be really cool if it came pre-loaded with an entire album. Probably a mix album, something like the iTunes Music Sampler that was available when you first logged into the iTMS and created a new user account. I have since purchased three full albums off of that sampler because I liked the bands so much....probably would have not done so had I not heard them.

Even if we all got the same album, or even the same couple of songs, it would be a really cool way to promote some underexposed bands and get their music out there.

iDM
Oct 19, 2005, 06:49 PM

I'm confident that if another person said "Rock out dudesy!" I could beat them up and take the iPod in there hand.

iDM
Oct 19, 2005, 06:51 PM
I don't necessarily need to see a photo of it (saving clayj some work), but if you hook that baby up to a tv, how does the video work?

I guess I'll wait until you get video working before expecting a response. :o

Man, watching those photos of you unwrapping your iPod slowly...... :eek:
Its like watching a woman strip or something.

Dude thats lame and sick

*I feel the same exact way*

*I got butterflies when i was unwrapping my PowerBook*

vouder17
Oct 19, 2005, 07:08 PM
*I feel the same exact way*

*I got butterflies when i was unwrapping my PowerBook*

Who doesn't!!! I think apple puts pheromones in apple packaging... :D

Jovian9
Oct 19, 2005, 08:53 PM

....please say yes.

Mine was supposed to ship on the 20th but shipped yesterday (18th). FedEx stated it would arrive on the 21st but arrived this morning (1 day shipping) but I did not request 1 day shipping. Lucky day I guess. Thanks Apple.

efoto
Oct 19, 2005, 08:53 PM
Who doesn't!!! I think apple puts pheromones in apple packaging... :D

So basically:
pheromones in packaging
Apple products in packaging
therefore;
pheromones = Apple products

I'd say that's about right, I know I love opening Apple packaging. We do pay more, but the boxes are sooooo nice :D

xraydoc
Oct 22, 2005, 08:26 PM
My pics... 60GB 5G next to a 20GB 3G:

http://homepage.mac.com/xraydoc/.Pictures/ipod1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/xraydoc/.Pictures/ipod2.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/xraydoc/.Pictures/ipod3.jpg

Aarow
Oct 22, 2005, 08:36 PM

Oooohhh. Nice photos. Do they have the same sound quality?

xraydoc
Oct 22, 2005, 08:46 PM
Oooohhh. Nice photos. Do they have the same sound quality?
As far as I can tell with the optional Apple in-ear earbuds (yeah, I'm one of the few who like 'em), the two iPods sound the same. Haven't yet had a chance to try it with my nicer Bose headphones.

CubaTBird
Oct 22, 2005, 09:41 PM
today i went to an apple store to test out the new ipod videos and was shocked that they only had 3 to mess with, and to add to that.. only two had one small clip of u2 in concert.. and that was it. i mean heck, i want to see some video on the video ipod and all they had to view was a pretty dark u2 video? cmon'....:mad:

ryannel2003
Oct 22, 2005, 10:26 PM
same here man :(

I'm gonna go check one out in person first, then see if it's worth it. Most likely it will be. They are really cool looking! Now I need to find out what to do with my Mini...

Mike Teezie
Oct 23, 2005, 12:12 AM
Surprised there are no black iPods here yet.

Hopefull I'll be able to post mine Wednesday. That's if it ships out on Monday like it's supposed to.

powerbook911
Oct 23, 2005, 01:11 AM
I sure miss the white scroll wheel on the third generation. I liked the clean look. The gray is so eh.

In a way, I miss the touch sensitive buttons too. Those were so futureistic.

http://homepage.mac.com/xraydoc/.Pictures/ipod3.jpg

jeffzoom
Oct 23, 2005, 07:26 PM
The thing is, the shipping date of 10/24 is bs. My dad's birthday was today, and we got him a 60gb black..it showed up like a week ago, plus there are like 20 in mi local apple store. On that note, there are new imacs, and as far as i can tell powerbooks, but no new powermacs or aperture in mi store yet....i asked an apple employee he said it hadn't shipped yet, but not to hijack the thread, anybody know when it will shipp so i don't have to go looks for mi self?

killuminati
Oct 23, 2005, 08:05 PM
The thing is, the shipping date of 10/24 is bs. My dad's birthday was today, and we got him a 60gb black..it showed up like a week ago, plus there are like 20 in mi local apple store. On that note, there are new imacs, and as far as i can tell powerbooks, but no new powermacs or aperture in mi store yet....i asked an apple employee he said it hadn't shipped yet, but not to hijack the thread, anybody know when it will shipp so i don't have to go looks for mi self?

Do you honestly not know how to spell the word "my"?

w_parietti22
Oct 23, 2005, 08:12 PM
Do you honestly not know how to spell the word "my"?

y and i are so close together it could be a Typo! :rolleyes: ;)

.....Sure.

efoto
Oct 23, 2005, 10:16 PM
Do you honestly not know how to spell the word "my"?y and i are so close together it could be a Typo! :rolleyes: ;)

.....Sure.

People are getting really anal about spelling lately. "my", "the", "and", jeesh. I agree it sucks to read the posts that contain such simple words with misspellings, but still, it isn't that big of a deal. If it is that big of a deal to you, you need to find some other things to obsess over other than the spelling on an internet forum :rolleyes:

killuminati
Oct 23, 2005, 10:28 PM
People are getting really anal about spelling lately. "my", "the", "and", jeesh. I agree it sucks to read the posts that contain such simple words with misspellings, but still, it isn't that big of a deal. If it is that big of a deal to you, you need to find some other things to obsess over other than the spelling on an internet forum :rolleyes:

I didn't flame him for having bad spelling. I just thought that it's just as easy for him to type "my" instead of "mi" and it really makes his posts a lot easier to read.

efoto
Oct 24, 2005, 07:59 AM
I didn't flame him for having bad spelling. I just thought that it's just as easy for him to type "my" instead of "mi" and it really makes his posts a lot easier to read.

It wasn't meant to be directed solely at you, and not just people from this thread. There has been a lot of spelling corrections going on lately, which although I completely agree with, especially with a global spell-checker there is hardly and excuse, but still don't find to be that large of a problem for an online forum.

Anyway, no harm was meant to you, hopefully none taken, it was just an observation.

jeffzoom
Oct 24, 2005, 01:49 PM
Can anybody here speak spanish? I happen to be taking it and am trying to remember things.(my=mi)

_bnkr612
Oct 24, 2005, 02:12 PM
I was at the Apple Store and I checked out the nano to the 5G. The 5G wins, the nano would be good if you carry around a monocle...

efoto
Oct 24, 2005, 03:43 PM
I was at the Apple Store and I checked out the nano to the 5G. The 5G wins, the nano would be good if you carry around a monocle...

I noticed at the store that the Nano has this lock feature on it, a screen-lock that looks like oldschool turn-style safes have. I asked a salesperson there if they knew if that was coming down the line through firmware but they were ridiculously uninformed. Anyone know about that? or a way to get it?

john_satc
Oct 26, 2005, 03:28 PM
Here's my 30Gig (with photos next to 20gig colour) plus universal dock with Apple remote - bit let down by the remote though.

zap2
Oct 26, 2005, 03:32 PM
much smaller Click Wheel just one more draw back of the iPod 5g:rolleyes:

john_satc
Oct 26, 2005, 03:48 PM
much smaller Click Wheel just one more draw back of the iPod 5g:rolleyes:

Well when you actually use it, it makes no difference at all... unless its just me. And it doesn't look out of proportion at all. The video is amazingly good!

MacSA
Oct 26, 2005, 03:54 PM
All of those pictures are blurry :eek:

john_satc
Oct 26, 2005, 05:03 PM
All of those pictures are blurry :eek:

Old camera and 17 year old who has no interest in photography = bad photos :D

killuminati
Oct 26, 2005, 06:15 PM
Well when you actually use it, it makes no difference at all... unless its just me.

I find the opposite. I find the new clickwheel to be a bit awkward because of it's size. My thumb has problems going in even circles, I always go over the edge. I think it's just because I'm so used to the old clickwheel though. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon.

darwen
Oct 27, 2005, 11:08 PM
I think I just lost control of my bowels! Seriously, these photos (the ones from john_satc) made me that happy, I really did have a hard time holding it in.

Not to be creepy. I just thought that everyone should know that I love the iPod that much. I am going to go crawl into my hole of shame.

w_parietti22
Oct 27, 2005, 11:12 PM
Here's my 30Gig (with photos next to 20gig colour) plus universal dock with Apple remote - bit let down by the remote though.

I'll take it... for free. :D

efoto
Oct 28, 2005, 08:38 AM
All of those pictures are blurry :eek:Old camera and 17 year old who has no interest in photography = bad photos :D

It's not like the job required exactness, they got the point across well enough, and it wasn't a studio setup or anything....

I'm amazed at how much thinner the new iPods are, amazing!

john_satc
Oct 28, 2005, 04:42 PM
I think I just lost control of my bowels! Seriously, these photos (the ones from john_satc) made me that happy, I really did have a hard time holding it in.

Not to be creepy. I just thought that everyone should know that I love the iPod that much. I am going to go crawl into my hole of shame.

Well..I'm glad I have that effect on people!

Mike Teezie
Oct 28, 2005, 05:25 PM
Just got mine in.

The video looks great, especially the sample movies that have been ripped from DVDs (mine). I was pleasently surprised. I'll take some better shots of it playing video later tonight.

http://mojoware.net/mnj/5G/shot4.jpg

http://mojoware.net/mnj/5G/shot2.jpg

First black iPod post, cool.

Mike Teezie
Oct 28, 2005, 05:26 PM
http://mojoware.net/mnj/5G/shot3.jpg

http://mojoware.net/mnj/5G/shot1.jpg

runninmac
Oct 28, 2005, 06:37 PM
Oh that video looks nice! I does the black appear to scratch easily like the nano?

BTW: I dont know why but it looks like you have very nice hands/fingers. (?:confused: :cool: )

headspace
Oct 28, 2005, 06:45 PM
BTW: I dont know why but it looks like you have very nice hands/fingers. (?:confused: :cool: )

Michael, aren't you that guy out of the iPod Nano commercial?

w_parietti22
Oct 28, 2005, 06:46 PM
Oh that video looks nice! I does the black appear to scratch easily like the nano?

Yep, its made out of the same type of materials. :(

Mike Teezie
Oct 28, 2005, 07:22 PM

From the reports, and from my comparisons of this iPod to my Nano I had, I'd say definitely.

Thanks for the compliment, that's nice of you to say.

anjam
Oct 29, 2005, 06:26 PM
What are the white ones like then - do they scratc easily or more tougher than the black ones? Or im gussin its case of not showing up as much?

w_parietti22
Oct 29, 2005, 06:58 PM
What are the white ones like then - do they scratc easily or more tougher than the black ones? Or im gussin its case of not showing up as much?

The scratch the same, Black just shows them more.

ph0rce
Oct 30, 2005, 05:28 AM
any one know if the apple store london has ipod video in yet? i went in last saturday and no joy :( going up to london for meetings on the 4th so will try and get one then :D

ph0rce
Nov 4, 2005, 06:38 PM
:cool:

they did today...

http://jeff.ph0x.co.uk/Image005.jpg

iHateWindows
Nov 4, 2005, 08:11 PM

they did today...

http://jeff.ph0x.co.uk/Image005.jpg

:eek: I think it's time you get a new camera.

Daveway
Nov 4, 2005, 08:14 PM
:eek: I think it's time you get a new camera.

That's so bad I don't even know if I should call that noise.

w_parietti22
Nov 5, 2005, 02:33 AM
That's so bad I don't even know if I should call that noise.

I tried:

belair
Nov 8, 2005, 09:37 AM
The new ipod really looks even better in person.
I am just scared to take the plastic cover off.
A lot of people on this board got some skins for theirs, but it's impossible for me to get one straight away. Did I mention i live in Luxembourg, Europe.
What did you guys do to prevent yours from scratching?
I am definately not going to use the white pouch that was included, the hairline scratches seem to come from this "unprotective" case. (altough it feels really soft??)

This new scratch feature really was not nessecary.Now if I was a DJ …;)

Mike Teezie
Nov 8, 2005, 11:08 AM
The new ipod really looks even better in person.
I am just scared to take the plastic cover off.
A lot of people on this board got some skins for theirs, but it's impossible for me to get one straight away. Did I mention i live in Luxembourg, Europe.
What did you guys do to prevent yours from scratching?
I am definately not going to use the white pouch that was included, the hairline scratches seem to come from this "unprotective" case. (altough it feels really soft??)

This new scratch feature really was not nessecary.Now if I was a DJ …;)

For what it's worth - I'm using my black 30 gig with no shield or skin or anything, just carrying it around in the case Apple provided.

I'm being pretty cautious with it even when the iPod is in the case, but I have no scratches at all so far - hairline or otherwise.

Benjamindaines
Nov 8, 2005, 11:47 AM
Can you post a pic of it next to a 4 / 3 Gen 20GB iPod? If you have one.

belair
Nov 8, 2005, 01:17 PM
I got a 3G 20gig ipod as well.
Here are some pics.

And yes I know about the plastic shield.
I still could not get myself to take it off. :rolleyes:

belair
Nov 8, 2005, 01:17 PM
side

belair
Nov 8, 2005, 01:21 PM

belair
Nov 8, 2005, 01:22 PM
face to face

Benjamindaines
Nov 8, 2005, 01:36 PM
WOW it makes my 40GB one look like a paving stone :(

belair
Nov 8, 2005, 01:45 PM
I was really impressed by the small formfactor as well. It seems like its slightly thinner than the 20 GB. And i'ts got twice the storage of my ibook.

nice

2nyRiggz
Nov 8, 2005, 03:48 PM
I got a 3G 20gig ipod as well.
Here are some pics.

And yes I know about the plastic shield.
I still could not get myself to take it off. :rolleyes:

Why did u get a 3G and a 5G?

Bless

belair
Nov 8, 2005, 04:04 PM
Well I got my 3G about 2 years ago. I have sold it to my girlfriends younger brother but I haven't given it to him yet. ( I could not be ipodless while waiting for the new one to arrive…)
I got my 5G yesterday and it IS a lot nicer than the old one. That's why.

Or did I spell something wrong that could mislead to the idea that I got both of ipods the same day. Well then, sorry english is my fourth language, and I will try to avoid such mistakes in the future.:)

ryannel2003
Nov 15, 2005, 06:15 AM

I don't know if anybody has said anything about this yet- but that looks like the final episode of "Sex and the City" on your iPod! I just ordered mine so maybe it's time to get "Sex and the City" DVD's and Quicktime Pro for Christmas as well! :D

UMHurricanes34
Nov 15, 2005, 07:04 AM
I don't know if anybody has said anything about this yet- but that looks like the final episode of "Sex and the City" on your iPod! I just ordered mine so maybe it's time to get "Sex and the City" DVD's and Quicktime Pro for Christmas as well! :D
I wouldnt recommend buying QT Pro. I have found great, free, and quicker solutions for ripping DVD's and converting them to iPod format. Just go to Versiontracker.com and type in Handbrake for dvd ripping and then iSquint for conversion. Works like a charm and is much quicker than QT Pro

ryannel2003
Nov 15, 2005, 03:11 PM
I wouldnt recommend buying QT Pro. I have found great, free, and quicker solutions for ripping DVD's and converting them to iPod format. Just go to Versiontracker.com and type in Handbrake for dvd ripping and then iSquint for conversion. Works like a charm and is much quicker than QT Pro

Thanks for the MUCH cheaper solution! My iPod has already shipped out from China :), but now I have to wait until Christmas to open it! :( O well, Chirstmas will be here before I know it! :D

UMHurricanes34
Nov 15, 2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the MUCH cheaper solution! My iPod has already shipped out from China :), but now I have to wait until Christmas to open it! :( O well, Chirstmas will be here before I know it! :D
No problem, I too am waiting until December to get mine going but I am pre-ripping and converting them for them to be ready when I get it.

JDOG_
Nov 15, 2005, 04:21 PM
Can somebody put a screen up with the Windows BSOD? I'd crack up.

ryannel2003
Nov 15, 2005, 06:11 PM
No problem, I too am waiting until December to get mine going but I am pre-ripping and converting them for them to be ready when I get it.

Yeah I'm doing the same thing with all my stuff. It sure is taking awhile to convert these to iTunes format. More than 1 hour for two "Sex and the City" episodes. Wonder why it's so slow? :confused:

UMHurricanes34
Nov 15, 2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah I'm doing the same thing with all my stuff. It sure is taking awhile to convert these to iTunes format. More than 1 hour for two "Sex and the City" episodes. Wonder why it's so slow? :confused:
Well its pretty snappy compared to QT Pro, but it could be the eMac. Not really sure, considering 1.5 isnt much better than 1.25. But I have 2GB of Ram and a Superdrive. Who knows, but its SUPER fast compared to QT and free to boot. Just be patient :D

zap2
Nov 15, 2005, 06:56 PM
Why did u get a 3G and a 5G?

Bless

Cuz 3rd G ROCK!!!!!:D

Ya if someone sold color screen for them i would buy a 3g and a COlor screen and use it!

ryannel2003
Nov 15, 2005, 09:03 PM
Well its pretty snappy compared to QT Pro, but it could be the eMac. Not really sure, considering 1.5 isnt much better than 1.25. But I have 2GB of Ram and a Superdrive. Who knows, but its SUPER fast compared to QT and free to boot. Just be patient :D

I'm not sure either, but maybe the extra RAM is helping the speed on yours. All I know is that it takes a lot longer for movies. It's been 2 hours so far and it's still far from done. I'm gonna have to leave my eMac on all night. I won't be watching a lot of movies on my iPod anyway, but it never hurts to try.

stevey500
Nov 15, 2005, 11:35 PM
Cuz 3rd G ROCK!!!!!
Ya if someone sold color screen for them i would buy a 3g and a COlor screen and use it!
Dude, I agree with you! I love the 3g! its soooooo COOL!. A 3g mini would be effing awesome! I have had a 3g 20gb since last november, My new black 60gb ipod is arriving tomorrow UPS straight from apple:P.

Chundles
Nov 16, 2005, 12:01 AM
The Wollongong AppleCentre has a big stock of 5G's now that customs have figured out what happened to their computers at the Sydney docks and they finally have one on display for us to mess about with.

The screen is incredible, just so amazingly good. They had a few of those Pixar shorts on there and it was so easy to watch, very crisp and clear and it made the screen seem bigger cause the picture quality was so good.

I so hope I get one for Christmas now, I was feeling fairly comfortable with the prospect of a nano but this new iPod just leaves the others in the dust.

Finally Apple has given me something to upgrade to from my 3G 15GB - love it as I do, this new one is the best I've seen.

It's my birthday on Monday so there's an outside chance but Christmas is looming very highly on the radar. Just hope my folks are feeling generous cause there's no way in hell I could afford it on my own.

Mind you I don't know when we'll be having Christmas this year, Dad's going to be away (par for the course, in his line of work Christmas is just another day, we're used to it) I'll be working down here where I live, one of my sister's will be working back in my home town so it looks like Christmas at my folk's house will be my Mum, one of my sisters and my Grandparents. Should be interesting to say the least. Just hoping there's a small square box under the tree with my name on it and $450 worth of iPod on the inside. Not likely but I think I've been suitably immature in the amount of pressure I've put on "those with the cash to buy me cool Christmas pressies" to maybe influence their decisions.

h0e0h
Jan 3, 2006, 12:42 AM
Razr, 4g Nano, 30g 5th Gen:
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/1579/dscf00015jc.th.jpg (http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf00015jc.jpg)

I also own a 20g 4gen (not color) that i keep at work docked to demo one of our sound systems (i work at an electronics store) because the battery is dead so it constantly has to be connected to a power source... sorry no pics to compare. The skins are the same thing that the ScreensavRz are made of from Radtech.us

Ikstej24
Jan 6, 2006, 11:21 PM
5G Black 30 gig in Agent 18 case with incase beside it