PDA

View Full Version : Buy more bandwidth, Apple!!!

MattG
Oct 18, 2005, 02:23 PM
Holy crap is iTMS slow!!!

It's been a while since I've purchased any music on here. I'm going on a trip and decided to buy a bunch of music before I go. It's taking F O R E V E R! I hit "Purchase," walked away and came back 10 mins later...and it was still downloading the first song! I cancelled it and went back in, and now it's going a little faster, but not as fast as it used to. Is it always like this now?

I guess it's a good sign, though...no slowing down for Apple!

ipacmm
Oct 18, 2005, 02:43 PM
Are you sure it isn't your internet on your computer? because itunes store on my computer is really fast.

MattG
Oct 18, 2005, 02:47 PM
Are you sure it isn't your internet on your computer? because itunes store on my computer is really fast.

Nah, we've got a pretty quick connection here. Everything else is fast enough...

noelister
Oct 18, 2005, 02:58 PM
I have not had an issue with iTunes... I have been buying a few videos recently and they have been downloading very well. I bought the first episode of Lost the other night and I believe it finished downloading around 5-6 minutes..

ipacmm
Oct 18, 2005, 03:06 PM
I don't know what to tell you, the store works fine on my end...but I do agree, Apple should buy some more bandwidth because it would never hurt to have extra.

Studawg7
Oct 18, 2005, 03:07 PM
a few days ago it was REALLY slow (rest of the internet was still zippy as usual). its going really fast for me today. so it wasnt just you and hopefully they fixed the issue.

solvs
Oct 18, 2005, 03:52 PM
Could be a firewall issue, or just a fluke. I've had it get slow for awhile for no reason, then speed up again. Maybe it's the Tues updates.