Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
Ok, so my 4G 40 GB iPod has the sad iPod and wont do anything it says on the apple support page, so im gonna take it in. I have Apple Care so they will replace it, but do you guys think they would replace it with a photo or a video?
I am just wondering because i was planning on selling this one anyway. Having them give me a video would also eliminate me having to sell the photo to get the video. How much do u guys think a 60 GB photo would fetch me?

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
amholl said:
Ok, so my 4G 40 GB iPod has the sad iPod and wont do anything it says on the apple support page, so im gonna take it in. I have Apple Care so they will replace it, but do you guys think they would replace it with a photo or a video?
I am just wondering because i was planning on selling this one anyway. Having them give me a video would also eliminate me having to sell the photo to get the video. How much do u guys think a 60 GB photo would fetch me?
no, they'll give you a "new" 4th gen. It's like a refurbed iPod with all new parts and stuff, no scratches, but still a 4th gen. It's like an iPod recycling program. Same thing happened with mine ;)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
I was wondering why you were not upset that your iPod was broken- that is, its being under warranty.

If my iPod broke, I would be beyond upset. :)

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
idk, im upset, but i have a shuffle to tide me over, and this will put me less out of pocket for my new 5G iPod. But I am pretty upset, hust not outrageosly mad. It would have been easier if it didnt brake cus i would have gotten 230 for it from my mom, therfore being only 69 out of pocket. But with the new one, if its a 60 gig photo, i'll sell it for more than 300 and could even get a 60 gig vid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.