PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Translation of Chinese instructions for MacBook Air SSD adapter

Edge
Mar 16, 2013, 09:15 PM
I've just received this adapter (http://dx.com/p/apple-macbook-air-ssd-convert-to-sata-22p-converter-adapter-w-pack-of-install-screw-black-139438) to transfer some information from a 2010 Macbook air SSD (and as a handy back-up tool just in case.)

The instructions however, are in Chinese. They involve a jumper setting which enables (or disables) a voltage regulator (I think) marked with 1084-33 APL GH50U or some such.

If anyone can help with the translation, it would be much appreciated. (I trust this is the correct sub-forum.)

Thanks in advance.

canning911
Mar 18, 2013, 03:06 AM
I've just received this adapter (http://dx.com/p/apple-macbook-air-ssd-convert-to-sata-22p-converter-adapter-w-pack-of-install-screw-black-139438) to transfer some information from a 2010 Macbook air SSD (and as a handy back-up tool just in case.)

The instructions however, are in Chinese. They involve a jumper setting which enables (or disables) a voltage regulator (I think) marked with 1084-33 APL GH50U or some such.

If anyone can help with the translation, it would be much appreciated. (I trust this is the correct sub-forum.)

Thanks in advance.

Q: how to use the jumper setting?
A: shortcut the port 1 and 2 will use the original 3.3v power output. Connecting the port 2 and 3 will use 1084-33 (a method of power output?) instead.

Q: what kind of situation can we use the original 3.3v?
A: check the SATA cable to see if there is a orange line within. If there is any then it supports 3.3v power output.

Q: why should we use the jumper setting?
A: the 1084-33 apl is should be universal and PnP friendly. However it (ic of 1084-33) might have some heat problems because it will consume more power. (The original 3.3v output should be fine regarding to the heat problem)

Edge
Mar 18, 2013, 08:00 AM
Thank you so much.

That is extraordinarily helpful, as it would seem that I can't blow up the Macbook air SSD by choosing the wrong jumper setting. And that it down volts the 5V line on most SATA cables using the 1084-33 APL whathaveyou, hence the heat warning.

Thank you again.

canning911
Mar 18, 2013, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much.

That is extraordinarily helpful, as it would seem that I can't blow up the Macbook air SSD by choosing the wrong jumper setting. And that it down volts the 5V line on most SATA cables using the 1084-33 APL whathaveyou, hence the heat warning.

Thank you again.

You are very welcome! :)

eyepea
Mar 19, 2013, 02:39 AM
Q: how to use the jumper setting?
A: shortcut the port 1 and 2 will use the original 3.3v power output. Connecting the port 2 and 3 will use 1084-33 (a method of power output?) instead.

Q: what kind of situation can we use the original 3.3v?
A: check the SATA cable to see if there is a orange line within. If there is any then it supports 3.3v power output.

Q: why should we use the jumper setting?
A: the 1084-33 apl is should be universal and PnP friendly. However it (ic of 1084-33) might have some heat problems because it will consume more power. (The original 3.3v output should be fine regarding to the heat problem)

I usually guess my way through the Chinese instructions of the great gadgets I buy on eBay. You had absolutely nooooo chance with that one. Hehe