[HELP] Translation of Chinese instructions for MacBook Air SSD adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Edge, Mar 16, 2013.

1. macrumors member

I've just received this adapter to transfer some information from a 2010 Macbook air SSD (and as a handy back-up tool just in case.)

The instructions however, are in Chinese. They involve a jumper setting which enables (or disables) a voltage regulator (I think) marked with 1084-33 APL GH50U or some such.

If anyone can help with the translation, it would be much appreciated. (I trust this is the correct sub-forum.)

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors newbie

Q: how to use the jumper setting?
    A: shortcut the port 1 and 2 will use the original 3.3v power output. Connecting the port 2 and 3 will use 1084-33 (a method of power output?) instead.

Q: what kind of situation can we use the original 3.3v?
    A: check the SATA cable to see if there is a orange line within. If there is any then it supports 3.3v power output.

Q: why should we use the jumper setting?
    A: the 1084-33 apl is should be universal and PnP friendly. However it (ic of 1084-33) might have some heat problems because it will consume more power. (The original 3.3v output should be fine regarding to the heat problem)

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much.

That is extraordinarily helpful, as it would seem that I can't blow up the Macbook air SSD by choosing the wrong jumper setting. And that it down volts the 5V line on most SATA cables using the 1084-33 APL whathaveyou, hence the heat warning.

Thank you again.

4. macrumors newbie

You are very welcome! :)

5. macrumors member

I usually guess my way through the Chinese instructions of the great gadgets I buy on eBay. You had absolutely nooooo chance with that one. Hehe