PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in UK received their iPod with video yet?

Pages : [1] 2

john_satc
Oct 19, 2005, 09:47 AM
I don't know if I should wait until next thursday -seems forever - until I can get the new iPod from the Apple store Birmingham. Or order one over the phone, with the lady saying it will tae 10 - 14 days to come. I know some people have received their iPods early - anyone in the UK experienced this?
Cheers,
Jon

dpclark
Oct 19, 2005, 01:22 PM
I don't know if I should wait until next thursday -seems forever - until I can get the new iPod from the Apple store Birmingham. Or order one over the phone, with the lady saying it will tae 10 - 14 days to come. I know some people have received their iPods early - anyone in the UK experienced this?
Cheers,
Jon

We're always last jon - I've seen on the apple discussions page that someone received a 60GB white in B'ham - and promptly managed to drop it which dented the corner and cracked the screen (poor guy) but it would appear to be yet another case of sort out the states and let the rest of the world wait :-(

p.s. ordered as soon as store came up (pressing control + R like crazy) not engraving 30GB White - been sat on preparing shipment for 3 days now - and now they've taken down the order tracking site (for me al least) says something about routine maintenance *sob*

zakthemack
Oct 19, 2005, 01:36 PM
We're always last jon - I've seen on the apple discussions page that someone received a 60GB white in B'ham - and promptly managed to drop it which dented the corner and cracked the screen (poor guy) but it would appear to be yet another case of sort out the states and let the rest of the world wait :-(

p.s. ordered as soon as store came up (pressing control + R like crazy) not engraving 30GB White - been sat on preparing shipment for 3 days now - and now they've taken down the order tracking site (for me al least) says something about routine maintenance *sob*

Fans on the blue side of B'ham won't get their iPods for another month.

john_satc
Oct 20, 2005, 03:47 AM

Alrite then I am just going to have to be moody and wait. I asked a guy at the Apple store I speak to often when will they them in. He said they are being told a next weekend, but most probably next thursday when they get the delivery - he said to call at 10am and they should have them. So 7 days to go!

Fans on the blue side of B'ham won't get their iPods for another month.

Ay?

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 04:23 AM
I ordered mine at just gone 8pm the day they were announced and mine has shipped, but at the moment is still somewhere in Shanghai (although the order tracking hasn't updated for 12 hours so it might be on a plane by now).

Looking forward to it arriving, but I don't understand why it takes so much longer for supplies to reach the UK as all the iPods originate from the same place!

*Edit* Just checked my order - it was 7.12pm when I ordered.

bollard
Oct 20, 2005, 04:32 AM
I ordered a black 60g ( my first ever !!! ) at 8.45 pm after the announcement. Got the shipped notification and last time I could track it it was in Shanghai at 01.11 GMT on 19/10, but the review order system is still down.
Judging by some posts Apple haven't rectified the scratch issue which is a major issue when you want to play video. I'm tempted to ebay it and wait till Apple sort this problem out.

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 04:39 AM
I ordered a black 60g ( my first ever !!! ) at 8.45 pm after the announcement. Got the shipped notification and last time I could track it it was in Shanghai at 01.11 GMT on 19/10, but the review order system is still down.
Judging by some posts Apple haven't rectified the scratch issue which is a major issue when you want to play video. I'm tempted to ebay it and wait till Apple sort this problem out.

Might be easier to just return it for a refund? Unless they're going for more than the retail price on ebay?

bollard
Oct 20, 2005, 04:41 AM
Might be easier to just return it for a refund? Unless they're going for more than the retail price on ebay?

I got a 10% cashback by using my Egg money card so even if I get cost I've made 30.

Buzbe
Oct 20, 2005, 05:10 AM
I've got a tracking number, and i've been told its shipped, but my tracking number wont work until it reaches europe, are there two methods of tracking to the uk?

Buzbe
Oct 20, 2005, 06:25 AM
Ok, i've figured it out. Their system is back up... no activity yet on my tracking page but never mind...

After doing some reasearch on TNT international shiping...

If it was shipped today, here are the expected dates for it to reach the UK

09:00 Express (Non Docs) * 09:00 24 Oct 2005
12:00 Express (Non Docs) * 12:00 24 Oct 2005
Global Express (Non Docs) * 18:00 21 Oct 2005
Economy Express (Non Docs) * 18:00 26 Oct 2005

Any idea which apple use?

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 06:58 AM
Mine is still showing:

19 Oct 2005 02:04 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Although thats been the same for 18 hours now! Reckon it might be flying through the air somewhere right now?

Piarco
Oct 20, 2005, 07:06 AM

The scratch issue is not going to go away. Apple weren't lying when they said the new iPods were made from the same material as the 4/3G's, whats changed is the design. The new design (well, old design really as the first iPods had the same design) means that any scratch will show up to the eye now, due to the clear front.
Unless they change the design to the curved design of the 4G's, the scratch problem isn't going to go away - unless some company brings out a scratch resistant coating for the iPod. If it bothers you that much, get a 4G.

And onto the shipping questions - I actually ended up cancelling my order! I got a notification of delivery - on or before the 26th October. So I'll waiting until they are available in the Regent Street store (I know the demo units are out, but can't get through to the store to ask) and get one from there - hopefully as soon as Saturday?

bollard
Oct 20, 2005, 07:06 AM
Mine is still showing:

19 Oct 2005 02:04 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Although thats been the same for 18 hours now! Reckon it might be flying through the air somewhere right now?

I think mines on the same plane !!!!

sooz
Oct 20, 2005, 07:27 AM
Does anyone know when i can go into the apple store in London and buy an ipod video?.. ive been trying to find out.. im not sure if i should go ahead and order it online, id prefer to just go into the apple store because i want to buy some other things too while im there.. maybe i'll pop in on my way home and ask if nobody knows?

nomad01
Oct 20, 2005, 09:38 AM
I'm tempted to ebay it and wait till Apple sort this problem out.

NOOOooooooooooooooo!!! :)

Have a look at http://www.overlayplus.co.uk/productdec.asp?model=new_ipod&modeln=iPod%20Video&pid=2119

I use them on my Nokia phone, old iPod and iPod nano and they're great for keeping the scratches at bay!

bollard
Oct 20, 2005, 10:16 AM
Shanghai seems to be the place to be. My shipped iPod's been hanging out there for a day and a half now !!!!! Come and try London my tiny friend it's the place to be.

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 10:37 AM
21 hours later and the iPod is still in Shanghai apparently..I think the iPods must be having some kind of party there and they don't want to leave..! :p

bollard
Oct 20, 2005, 10:47 AM
Mine better come home soon or it's grounded !!!!

Sky Blue
Oct 20, 2005, 04:53 PM
mine says
"Carrier : Flextronics c/o Express Cargo
Tracking Number(s) :
C90******"

what site do i use to track it?

dpclark
Oct 20, 2005, 04:59 PM
mine says
"Carrier : Flextronics c/o Express Cargo
Tracking Number(s) :
C90******"

what site do i use to track it?

Mine appears to be with TNT in Eindhoven - should receive tomorrow from previous experience - will let you all know

Buzbe
Oct 20, 2005, 05:12 PM
dpclark... did yours go through shanghai?? How long has it taken (From the 'shipped' stage until now?

My tracking has reported NO activity so far. rather confusing...

dpclark
Oct 20, 2005, 06:01 PM
dpclark... did yours go through shanghai?? How long has it taken (From the 'shipped' stage until now?

My tracking has reported NO activity so far. rather confusing...

ordered as soon as store came back online - went to preparing shipment on Saturday and turned to shipped this lunchtime - not had any shipping info from apple until it has turned up in the hands of TNT - guess preparing shipment probably meant on way from Shanghai - though as mine is not engraved have been spared that ordeal as they seem to do runs of engraved pods - went through that wait with my 4G ipod - never again!!!!

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 06:17 PM
Mine is still showing up as being in Shanghai.

I'm hoping its closer than that though!

My Mac mini turned up before my tracking code even worked so I'm hoping this is the same kind of situation!

I went for the non engraved version as I thought it'd be quicker.. :rolleyes:

maddav
Oct 20, 2005, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has tried this yet, (or if it'll work even) but you should give http://apecode.com/appletrack/ a try, it found my iBook when the Apple page was clueless, so it may be worth a shot.

cheekyspanky
Oct 20, 2005, 07:02 PM
I used the Apecode link..

Only thing I blanked out was my order number..!

cheekyspanky
Oct 21, 2005, 03:47 AM
I just called TNT - apparently my delivery is due to reach me on the 26th. :(

How come it's so slow to get to the UK?

Kinda lost the buying excitement with it taking so long..!

Buzbe
Oct 21, 2005, 06:08 AM
Thats annoying....

Damit apple, I want mine now!

Buzbe
Oct 21, 2005, 06:34 AM
Ok... I dont know if this is a good idea or not... but everyone post their delivery tnt status's and we'll try to determine how long there is between each stage.

Mine is

21 Oct 2005 08:44 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot
20 Oct 2005 13:01 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

So roughly 20 Hours (more than most!) between those two points....

All submit your orders please!

Malcster
Oct 21, 2005, 06:38 AM
21 Oct 2005 09:21 Bristol Out For Delivery
21 Oct 2005 09:01 Bristol Import Received
21 Oct 2005 06:39 Cardiff Airport Consignment Received At Transit Point
21 Oct 2005 00:29 Liege Euro Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
20 Oct 2005 15:45 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
20 Oct 2005 15:43 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
18 Oct 2005 19:05 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot
18 Oct 2005 19:03 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Its out for delivery and im at work!! :(

Burnout
Oct 21, 2005, 06:43 AM
19 Oct 2005 20:10 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Longer than most. was told 7-9 days for shipping anyway so anytime before next Friday and i'll be happy.

Buzbe
Oct 21, 2005, 08:13 AM
21 Oct 2005 09:21 Bristol Out For Delivery
21 Oct 2005 09:01 Bristol Import Received
21 Oct 2005 06:39 Cardiff Airport Consignment Received At Transit Point
21 Oct 2005 00:29 Liege Euro Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
20 Oct 2005 15:45 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
20 Oct 2005 15:43 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
18 Oct 2005 19:05 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot
18 Oct 2005 19:03 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Its out for delivery and im at work!! :(

ok so roughly two days between shanghai and somewhere else.... or around 42ish hours.

Damn, mines only just left shanghai!

cheekyspanky
Oct 21, 2005, 08:36 AM
Mine just changed a bit..

21 Oct 2005 14:48 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

So it would look like I'd get it Monday - but TNT reckon Wednesday..hmm

maddav
Oct 21, 2005, 01:27 PM
Mine just changed a bit..

21 Oct 2005 14:48 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

So it would look like I'd get it Monday - but TNT reckon Wednesday..hmm

I'm going for tuesday.

Pring
Oct 21, 2005, 01:58 PM
The demand for the product you ordered has been higher than anticipated.
We are shipping as quickly as possible, but cannot meet the ship date we previously
estimated for you. We now expect to ship your order by October 28th, 2005.

Meh.. and I ordered it at 2028 on the night of the announcement. :(

graham_m
Oct 23, 2005, 01:42 PM
how do you all know yours are in shang?

all i have is C9****** as a reference, says shipped but cant find anywhere to help track it lol
that link that was posted didint recognise my number either, any one give some advise? :)

Sky Blue
Oct 23, 2005, 01:59 PM
how do you all know yours are in shang?

all i have is C9****** as a reference, says shipped but cant find anywhere to help track it lol
that link that was posted didint recognise my number either, any one give some advise? :)

TNT hasn't picked it up yet.

bollard
Oct 23, 2005, 02:12 PM
Mine's still got Shipment picked up Shanghai,China 19 Oct 2005 01.11 gmt.
The other link for tracking doesn't recognise my shipment. What's taking so long ????? :(

maddav
Oct 23, 2005, 02:16 PM
The other link needs a 10-digit number that starts with '80' just look in the order status page or the e-mail you received when your iPod shipped.

Burnout
Oct 23, 2005, 02:20 PM
19 Oct 2005 20:10 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Eugh it's taking ages.. Why is it so slow for us in the UK?

Malcster
Oct 23, 2005, 02:22 PM
Got my black 60 gig yesterday but it was DOA :( its going back to apple this week, gotta wait till first week of november now for replacement..

maddav
Oct 23, 2005, 02:22 PM
C'est la Vie :p

bollard
Oct 23, 2005, 02:25 PM
The other link needs a 10-digit number that starts with '80' just look in the order status page or the e-mail you received when your iPod shipped.

Yeah that's what I use but it doesn't recognise my number.

maddav
Oct 23, 2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah that's what I use but it doesn't recognise my number.

Strange, I've found with all of my orders that arrive from the Far East this tracker finds them all the way. It could be that the courier hasn't synced the scanned packages properly and it's not showing up as moving. Either that, or there's mucho delay-o.

Waiting is the hardest part!

graham_m
Oct 23, 2005, 03:20 PM
so if i dont have a longer ref number its probabaly not worth taking monday off then?

Buzbe
Oct 23, 2005, 03:20 PM
Exactly why i HATE ordering stuff online....

the internets great..... but not for buying stuff, then, its just plain rubbish

maddav
Oct 23, 2005, 03:32 PM
OK, another way is to go the US store, log in to your account and go to order status. Try and track your order there, it tends to have a better courier relationship.

As for ordering online, I have spent well over 2,000 and have only been let down once by a company I bought a 10 belt from, luck of the draw I guess...

graham_m
Oct 23, 2005, 04:41 PM
na, no more information if i log in via the US site, good idea tho.

probs wont need to take 2mrw off after all then :(

its wierd, the apple site says shipped but i didnt get an email or anything?

Pring
Oct 23, 2005, 04:43 PM
na, no more information if i log in via the US site, good idea tho.

probs wont need to take 2mrw off after all then :(

its wierd, the apple site says shipped but i didnt get an email or anything?

I'm in exactly the same boat.. I'd wager we're in the same shipment.

It was Saturday night it went to shipped so I imagine what happened is that someone put it in a box and put the order to shipped then went home for the night and noone actually picked it up :D I imagine it'll be updated tomorrow (Monday) morning.

graham_m
Oct 23, 2005, 05:15 PM
yeah i think thats when mine was updated too. in the same boat... literally probabaly :P

probs get an update tomorrow, end of the week delivery probabaly :(

J|D
Oct 23, 2005, 07:51 PM
I honestly never knew they were being shipped directly from China, how come there not here yet in the UK (online store wise)? I was gutted to find out mine was shipped but I have to wait another week or so! :(

Come hither white 30GB, come hither!

(My first post btw, yay :p)

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2443/ipodprogress1cu.png (http://imageshack.us)

Buzbe
Oct 24, 2005, 01:44 AM
I honestly never knew they were being shipped directly from China, how come there not here yet in the UK (online store wise)? I was gutted to find out mine was shipped but I have to wait another week or so! :(

Come hither white 30GB, come hither!

(My first post btw, yay :p)

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2443/ipodprogress1cu.png (http://imageshack.us)
JD, mine is exactly the same as yours (maybe a couple of minutes out) Why do you think it will be another week? I'm hoping i'll get mine by wednesday at the latest!

Good on your first post btw!

J|D
Oct 24, 2005, 03:43 AM
I received the dispatch email from Apple on the 20th and it said that the estimated delivery time was 7-8 business days. I was not too impressed to read that! :(

Ok, so if you ordered pretty much the same time as me, Wednesday seems like a realistic time for delivery? I hope its true :)

Time to get the 4G Photo up on eBay methinks ;)

Sky Blue
Oct 24, 2005, 04:12 AM
I have like a 16 digit number?

Carrier Name Tracking Number
KUEHNE & NAGEL 8026************

nomad01
Oct 24, 2005, 04:17 AM
I received the dispatch email from Apple on the 20th and it said that the estimated delivery time was 7-8 business days. I was not too impressed to read that! :(

I ordered late Firday night and mines just gone into "shipped" this morning. Can't find out any other details yet though other than it's with TNT... somewhere!

Everyone else in the UK shipping with TNT?

J|D
Oct 24, 2005, 04:25 AM
I believe the Apple store UK uses TNT as its deliver handler.

If you go to www.tnt.co.uk you can track your iPod there.

The progress of mine has'nt changed for 3 days now, getting slightly imaptient. Grrrr, hurry up and get here!

Its gotta be somewhere in Europe now.

bollard
Oct 24, 2005, 05:10 AM
Hi nomad,

Thanks for your advice re the Martin Fields protector. I've ordered one so its a race between that and my iPod. My iPod is still in Shanghai five days after being shipped and I ordered a couple of hours after the announcement :( :( .
Also remember I bought the refurb Powerbook a month ago ??? Just tried to burn a DVD last night and it's got a combo drive in it and not the superdrive that was advertised !!!!! Not a happy bunny and after being passed around Apple supprt for most of the morning I'm still awaiting a satisfactory outcome.

nomad01
Oct 24, 2005, 05:17 AM
Thanks for your advice re the Martin Fields protector. I've ordered one so its a race between that and my iPod.

LOL Same here... hoping the screen protector arrives first as I'm an impatient s0d! :)

The iPod isn't showing up on TNT's site yet so I don't know where it is but it seems Shanghai is likely.

Bad news about the Powerbook. I'd expect either a refund for the difference or... well, it'll probably be a full refund as they don't replace refurbs. :( I ended up returning my refurb Powermac too. Loads of problems and it arrived in a pretty shabby state too.

Now I've got the Egg Money card in my hand, I'm going to get a new 15" PB I think.

Let me know how you get on with the PB!

Steve

graham_m
Oct 24, 2005, 06:01 AM
I have like a 16 digit number?

Carrier Name Tracking Number
KUEHNE & NAGEL 8026************

yeah i have one of those as well now, not sure about what it means apart from it seems to mean my package is... erm.. nowhere..

http://www.elevenbears.co.uk/images/tracking/tracking.jpg

nomad01
Oct 24, 2005, 06:51 AM
The iPod isn't showing up on TNT's site yet so I don't know where it is but it seems Shanghai is likely.

The tracking is updated and it's in Shanghai... next working day delivery apparently. From Shanghai to Birmingham in 24 hours eh? Impressive. lol

Hopefully be here before the end of the week!

Buzbe
Oct 24, 2005, 06:51 AM
Come on.... show up in Arnhem!!!!!
Hopefully it will show up today JD, in which case we may have it by tomorrow! but Wednesday does seem very realistic, and yes our times are out by no more than 2 minutes. Which is nice.

Damn weekends getting in the way...

The apple tracking site is useless, goto www.track-trace.com and use the tnt tracking there (it has to be international TNT tracking, not the UK tnt one) as other wise it wont show any other information.

J|D
Oct 24, 2005, 06:59 AM
Come on.... show up in Arnhem!!!!!
Hopefully it will show up today JD, in which case we may have it by tomorrow! but Wednesday does seem very realistic, and yes our times are out by no more than 2 minutes. Which is nice.

Damn weekends getting in the way...

The apple tracking site is useless, goto www.track-trace.com and use the tnt tracking there (it has to be international TNT tracking, not the UK tnt one) as other wise it wont show any other information.

Woo hoo! Mines finally arrived in Arnhem! :D

Let me know when yours does Buzbe. Fancy a race? :p

Buzbe
Oct 24, 2005, 07:03 AM
Woo hoo! Mines finally arrived in Arnhem! :D

Let me know when yours does Buzbe. Fancy a race? :p

Your on, where do you live in the UK...

Nottingham here...
(mines not in Arnhem, can u post your shipping tracking details here)

J|D
Oct 24, 2005, 07:09 AM

Nottingham here...
(mines not in Arnhem, can u post your shipping tracking details here)

Destination - Essex

Good luck and may the best man win! lol

;)

cheekyspanky
Oct 24, 2005, 07:13 AM
Some progress with mine..I have to go out soon though, how much do you bet I miss it..

J|D
Oct 24, 2005, 07:26 AM
Some progress with mine..I have to go out soon though, how much do you bet I miss it..

I made sure I got mine shipped to my work address, so that someone will definitely be there to sign for it. Luckily, I live 10 minutes away, so if i'm not there I can easily pick it up.

I made the mistake of getting previous Apple store orders shipped to my home, predictibly, I was out and had to wait another 3 days.

Sky Blue
Oct 24, 2005, 08:10 AM
yeah i have one of those as well now, not sure about what it means apart from it seems to mean my package is... erm.. nowhere..

http://www.elevenbears.co.uk/images/tracking/tracking.jpg

Yeah, i have that too? strange...

Buzbe
Oct 24, 2005, 08:43 AM
Destination - Essex

Good luck and may the best man win! lol

;)

I'm 8 minutes behind you... but mine is going via EMA (east midlands airport) from the looks of cheekyspankys... which means, I may beat you!!!!

hehe

J|D
Oct 24, 2005, 08:47 AM
I'm 8 minutes behind you... but mine is going via EMA (east midlands airport) from the looks of cheekyspankys... which means, I may beat you!!!!

hehe

Oh well, if thats the case, it'll be a small price to pay to finally have one of these in my hands finally!

However, its not over yet! :p

nomad01
Oct 24, 2005, 08:56 AM
Yeah, i have that too? strange...

If you're in the US, yours is possibly shipping via a different method to everyone else on this thread.

It's possible that Kuehne and Nagel append the apple reference to create their own reference. You could try taking the first 10 digits of the reference after the 8 (ie 8xxxxxxxxx) and doing a search on TNT or Fedex... or www.apecode.com.

Mine appears to have left Shanghai.

todge
Oct 24, 2005, 09:12 AM
Buzbe sounds like a complete tool. I bet he's ginger.

Sky Blue
Oct 24, 2005, 09:14 AM
If you're in the US, yours is possibly shipping via a different method to everyone else on this thread.

It's possible that Kuehne and Nagel append the apple reference to create their own reference. You could try taking the first 10 digits of the reference after the 8 (ie 8xxxxxxxxx) and doing a search on TNT or Fedex... or www.apecode.com.

Mine appears to have left Shanghai.

no, ignore my location..i'm in the uk...

todge
Oct 24, 2005, 09:20 AM

your = belonging to you.
you're = you are.

cheekyspanky
Oct 24, 2005, 09:27 AM
Mine arrived!

..the back is scratched :( but I don't know whether it's enough to complain about..at least the front is fine!

Arrived about 15.20

spiceweasel
Oct 24, 2005, 09:41 AM
your = belonging to you.
you're = you are.

:mad: that's just mean todge. it's not very fair to make fun of us obsessive losers who sheet their pants over an MP3 player. TNT shipping iPubes from Shanghai is about the most important thing that has happened to me so far this year! :eek:

don't take the mick!

sarah_hughes86
Oct 24, 2005, 10:54 AM
Mine hasnt changed in 3 days

Buzbe
Oct 24, 2005, 11:20 AM
your = belonging to you.
you're = you are.

right fletch.

todge
Oct 24, 2005, 12:01 PM
right fletch.

awww was it that obvious? :(

Buzbe
Oct 24, 2005, 12:41 PM
awww was it that obvious? :(

lol. yes! Have you ordered yours yet or are you just being pre-emptive?

Buzbe
Oct 24, 2005, 04:25 PM
JD? any news on yours yet?

J|D
Oct 24, 2005, 04:49 PM
JD? any news on yours yet?

Nope, nothing yet :(

Its still in Arnhem, according to the TNT tracker.

I'm still thinking Wednesday, Thursday latest.

Buzbe
Oct 25, 2005, 02:41 AM
mine missed out lieg or whatever (which most other ppls went through...)

look at this

25 Oct 2005 07:15 Horncastle Out For Delivery
25 Oct 2005 07:08 Horncastle Import Received
25 Oct 2005 06:53 Horncastle Import Received
25 Oct 2005 06:29 Horncastle Import Received
25 Oct 2005 04:59 East Midlands Airport Consignment Received At Transit Point
24 Oct 2005 13:58 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

Score!!

Star136
Oct 25, 2005, 03:01 AM
Got mine - White 30gb, but I cheated. I picked it up from New York while I was there last week. It's awsome :D

nomad01
Oct 25, 2005, 04:19 AM

Hmmm... looking at these times, mine could be here Friday... or Monday. Oh PLEEEEEASE let it be Friday. :)

J|D
Oct 25, 2005, 04:52 AM
Mine missed out the airport completely.

Its finally on its way :D

Burnout
Oct 25, 2005, 07:16 AM
Got mine at 12 :)

nomad01
Oct 25, 2005, 07:20 AM
Got mine at 12 :)

I called TNT and even though it's still hovering between here and Shaghai they could tell me it was scheduled for delivery on Friday. Weh-hey! Just hope that it's not delayed now. God, I'm so bl00dy impatient!

deltrotter
Oct 25, 2005, 07:49 AM
Ok, I get this when I check my order status in the UK:

1 Shipped 22/10/2005
Invoice No. : ??????
Carrier : Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.
Tracking Number(s) :
003-------------

How do I find out where it is at????

Cheers

Del

nomad01
Oct 25, 2005, 08:03 AM
How do I find out where it is at????

You could try using http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/

I thought the tracking number had to start with an 8 but it's worth a go.

deltrotter
Oct 25, 2005, 08:28 AM
Thanks Nomad - no good I am afraid!

Cheers

Ray

Sky Blue
Oct 25, 2005, 09:04 AM
Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 24 Oct 2005 05:20

w00t!

spiceweasel
Oct 25, 2005, 09:22 AM
mine missed out lieg or whatever (which most other ppls went through...)

look at this

Score!!

Mine hasn't arrived yet. I think i might cry. I've been looking for something to hug at night since my girlfriend left me. I'm going to play a video of her face on my new iPube and kiss it until it loves me back.

Oh wait no I didn't order one. Because they're still the same as they were before. They just look very slightly different. Why carry another gadget round when my phone does it all anyway? Why? Because i feel left out - that's why. It says something about me to have white earphones shutting me off from the rest of the world.

nomad01
Oct 25, 2005, 09:34 AM
It says something about me to have white earphones shutting me off from the rest of the world.

Hmmm... doesn't say *quite* as much as taking time to join Mac Rumors to post stuff like this does. :rolleyes:

john_satc
Oct 25, 2005, 11:15 AM
Interesting to see most peoples are due to arrive for the next day or so, when ordered as soon as the iPod was announced. Glad I choes to wait until the apple store has them in ,will be a lot quicker I think!

nomad01
Oct 25, 2005, 11:20 AM
Interesting to see most peoples are due to arrive for the next day or so, when ordered as soon as the iPod was announced. Glad I choes to wait until the apple store has them in ,will be a lot quicker I think!

It's odd though... I only ordered mine on Friday so mine's made good time. I'm happy to say.

I also had a 20 pounds discount code and get an Egg Money discount too if I buy online so it's saved me some money ordering online.

Does the Bullring store have them in yet John?

john_satc
Oct 25, 2005, 12:26 PM
It's odd though... I only ordered mine on Friday so mine's made good time. I'm happy to say.

I also had a 20 pounds discount code and get an Egg Money discount too if I buy online so it's saved me some money ordering online.

Does the Bullring store have them in yet John?

I wish. I have called up every day since last wednesday and each time I get told either Thursday or Friday. Fingers crossed Thursday! I glad I waited though

Buzbe
Oct 25, 2005, 02:11 PM
Mine hasn't arrived yet. I think i might cry. I've been looking for something to hug at night since my girlfriend left me. I'm going to play a video of her face on my new iPube and kiss it until it loves me back.

Oh wait no I didn't order one. Because they're still the same as they were before. They just look very slightly different. Why carry another gadget round when my phone does it all anyway? Why? Because i feel left out - that's why. It says something about me to have white earphones shutting me off from the rest of the world.

Right mate?

Pring
Oct 25, 2005, 03:18 PM
Delivery note Line Purchase Order Box Cnt Part Id Qty Date Actual Status Code Actual Status Status Description Shipping Point ETA
FLEXTRONICS LOGISTICS UK., DAVENTRY, GB
8027069570 000010 W77848950 1 MA003FB/A 1

26 okt 05 32 05 Flight Booked Apple, Shanghai 02 nov 05
24 okt 05 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received Apple, Shanghai
24 okt 05 30 63 handover at supplier Apple, Shanghai
24 okt 05 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier Apple, Shanghai 02 nov 05

Second of november! That's far too long! Even worse, i think that's when they link it up with the AV Cable so it'll be a few days more after that even! Not happy :(

J|D
Oct 25, 2005, 04:31 PM
Mine has finally arrived :D

spiceweasel
Oct 26, 2005, 03:36 AM
Right mate?

bell face. cleft

carpe diem
Oct 26, 2005, 05:31 AM
Are they all coming out of china

nomad01
Oct 26, 2005, 06:42 AM
Second of november! That's far too long!

2nd Nov?? Good god! How come it's shipped with Flextronics Logistics?

Mine appears to be delayed now so I wouldn't mind betting I won't get it til next week. @rse!

Details:- 26 Oct 2005, 12:00, Amsterdam, POTENTIAL CONNECTION DELAY
Details:- 24 Oct 2005, 17:35, Shanghai, SHIPPED FROM ORIGINATING DEPOT
Details:- 24 Oct 2005, 14:33, Shanghai, CONSIGNMENT RECEIVED AT TRANSIT POINT

john_satc
Oct 26, 2005, 06:55 AM
I went in today and they had them!! White only though. I got a 30gig one and I am so happy! The first person to get one from the store, even some of the staff didn't know they had arrived, or even heard of them. Its here! So glad I waited for the store to get them in!

bollard
Oct 26, 2005, 07:00 AM
I'm still waiting !!! Ordered on the night of the announcement 12/10 8.45 Shipped on 19/10 arrived in Amsterdam afternoon of 24/10 and now nothing !!!! If it was having a good time in Shanghai it seems to be having a GREAT time in Amsterdam mmmmmmm I wonder why :rolleyes:

nomad01
Oct 26, 2005, 07:49 AM
If it was having a good time in Shanghai it seems to be having a GREAT time in Amsterdam mmmmmmm I wonder why :rolleyes:

Just check the box for "substances" when it arrives!

Mine is held up in Amsterdam too. I only ordered mine last week but it's weird that they're both delayed there.

Oh and thanks for the Egg Money card tip way back when... finally got one and enjoying the discounts!! :)

Pring
Oct 26, 2005, 09:08 AM
2nd Nov?? Good god! How come it's shipped with Flextronics Logistics?

I'm guessing it's because it's going somewhere first to hook up with my AV Cable.

The annoying thing is that there's an AppleStore less than 2minutes from my flat and they say they'll have them in stock this week! :eek:

nomad01
Oct 26, 2005, 01:02 PM
The annoying thing is that there's an AppleStore less than 2minutes from my flat and they say they'll have them in stock this week! :eek:

Are you tracking that through the Apple webpage?

I just found a tracking thingy for Flextronics as I'm having a Powerbook shipped through them.

Have a look here (https://www.iec-logistics.com/apps/tracktrace/trk_tracking.asp)

Select the region, enter the Apple tracking code (the one starting 8 worked for me) and APP for company code.

Or is that what you're already trying? :confused:

Ryvita
Oct 26, 2005, 01:09 PM
Mine is still flying around the globe...for two days already...:(

Pring
Oct 26, 2005, 01:26 PM
Are you tracking that through the Apple webpage?

Nope, that was using http://apecode.com/appletrack/ which opens the Kuehne and Nagel tracking page.

I can't get any results through the one you linked... *shrug*

Foocha
Oct 26, 2005, 03:39 PM
I picked up my 30GB white video iPod, together with a remote and Universal Dock from the Apple Store on Regent Street, London UK. They seemed to be rapidly selling out, and they only got them in today!

john_satc
Oct 26, 2005, 03:42 PM
I picked up my 30GB white video iPod, together with a remote and Universal Dock from the Apple Store on Regent Street, London UK. They seemed to be rapidly selling out, and they only got them in today!

It was complete opposite at BullRing store. I bought first iPod after they were there for around 4 hours. Then I asked about the universal dock and they had forgot to put them out. So hardly selling out here. I went in around 7 ish and they hard only sold a couple more of the iPods it seemed.

nomad01
Oct 26, 2005, 03:51 PM
It was complete opposite at BullRing store. I bought first iPod after they were there for around 4 hours. Then I asked about the universal dock and they had forgot to put them out. So hardly selling out here. I went in around 7 ish and they hard only sold a couple more of the iPods it seemed.

Hopefully see more shifting at the weekend. The nanos flew out of the store that first weekend.

Mine should still be arriving Friday apparently. My screen cover hasn't appeared yet either so I can wait. The price you pay for saving 50 quid on it I suppose! :confused:

So they have the docks in stock then? Good. :)

nomad01
Oct 27, 2005, 05:08 AM
Woo hoo! My 5th Gen 60Gb has hit my egg card and with the voucher discount and the Egg discount it came to 247. Excellent! Seems it's now in the Arnhem Hub.

Ryvita
Oct 27, 2005, 05:30 AM
Finally! In Amsterdam...No it seemes to be time for a party there...:rolleyes:
I'm watching you!

Well, that gives me enough time to consider buying that Michael someone's skin/tape.... I wouldn't mind scatches, but not on the display.

nomad01
Oct 27, 2005, 06:21 AM
Well, that gives me enough time to consider buying that Michael someone's skin/tape.... I wouldn't mind scatches, but not on the display.

Don't try to buy Michael's skin... it's probably illegal. Try a Martin Fields Overlay Plus instead! ;)

Bear in mind that they take a week or so to arrive unless you pay for the courier shipping.

They should soon be available from MobileFun (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk) or L8Shop (http://www.l8shop.net) though and they ship in a day or two.

Steve

Ryvita
Oct 27, 2005, 06:40 AM
Thanks Steve! :o But I was pretty close...both with M...:D

Waiting,waiting
Oct 27, 2005, 07:48 AM
Hi there (I'm new by the way)

I have been reading a few forums :cool: on this site over the past few days, in order to calm my anger at apple, I have been given multiple delivery dates :mad: and am thoroughly annoyed! :mad: I think like many people here I'm really impatient and excited (as sad as that is!). To prepare for delivery of my 30GB 5th gen ipod video, universal dock, apple remote and (www.theinvisibleshield.com) 5th gen ipod video shield (check it out) I have used the videora ipod converter together with DVD decrypter, (reffering to http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/guides.html for help) to convert all video formats, DVD's and downloads:p to the "ipod preffered code" so I'll be able to have any full length movie I can get my hands on, on my vi-pod!

hope this helps./

Loge
Oct 27, 2005, 07:57 AM

I got mine just now (60 GB) from Regent St, they seem to have plenty available in white - no sign of any black ones.

Waiting,waiting
Oct 27, 2005, 08:00 AM
I'm glad I got me a black one! otherwise i'd be p***ed that I could have got it from the apple store in london!

still annoyed! why does delivery take so long.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD 2 SHIPMENTS MERGE? HOW LONG CAN I EXPECT TO WAIT~#

Ryvita
Oct 27, 2005, 08:04 AM
I ordered mine with the universal dock...on the 13th of Oct.!
...and it's still in Amsterdam (well, the iPod, I think). Nothing about the dock, only "shipped".

Edit: iPod: 30GB black

Sky Blue
Oct 27, 2005, 08:06 AM
Hi there (I'm new by the way)

my vi-pod!
/

shut it.

Waiting,waiting
Oct 27, 2005, 08:08 AM
I hope your as friendly as that in the non "mac rumors world"

thanks.

Waiting,waiting
Oct 27, 2005, 08:27 AM
26 okt 05 30 10 departed direct Apple, Shanghai 04 nov 05
26 okt 05 40 69 accept scanned at EDC NLAMS07 02 nov 05
26 okt 05 40 60 Arrived at EDC NLAMS07 04 nov 05
23 okt 05 32 55 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
23 okt 05 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
23 okt 05 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received Apple, Shanghai
22 okt 05 30 63 handover at supplier Apple, Shanghai
21 okt 05 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier Apple, Shanghai 02 nov 05

Shipment Picked Up SHANGHAI, SH, CN 22 Oct 2005 11:50
Depart Terminal SHANGHAI, SH, CN 23 Oct 2005 15:45
Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 26 Oct 2005 04:00
Out For Delivery AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 26 Oct 2005 13:48

Any bets how long?

Ryvita
Oct 27, 2005, 10:57 AM
My reports are looking quite similar to yours...a few hours later.
And I have this 27 okt 05 86 14 booking slot obtained Apple, Shanghai
Whatever that means...
Has your ETA changed? Mine's been changed from 1.11. to 28.10. YES! (Hopefully!)

Waiting,waiting
Oct 27, 2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah,

what does that mean?

I ordered mine on 20/10/2005, my booking date (when using www.apecode.com) has changed to the 4th of November, where's yours now (through apecode)?

thanks

Ryvita
Oct 27, 2005, 12:02 PM
27 okt 05 86 14 booking slot obtained Apple, Shanghai 28 okt 05
27 okt 05 30 10 departed direct NLAMS07 31 okt 05
27 okt 05 40 69 accept scanned at EDC NLAMS07 01 nov 05
24 okt 05 32 55 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
24 okt 05 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
22 okt 05 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received Apple, Shanghai
22 okt 05 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier Apple, Shanghai 01 nov 05

Yours looks the other way, from 2.nov to 4.nov

Apple Store:
Depart Terminal SHANGHAI, SH, CN 24 Oct 2005 15:55
Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 27 Oct 2005 07:06
Out For Delivery AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 27 Oct 2005 12:37

Weird...:confused:

Waiting,waiting
Oct 27, 2005, 12:21 PM
I don't quite :confused: :) understand you,

But what I don't understand most is why Apple, a world famous company with millions of hppy customers can't sort out decent delivery times, earlier in the thread people complained and got nice discounts and cashbacks:) , if this continues to annoy me, I might try the same!:rolleyes:

still waiting:mad:

bollard
Oct 27, 2005, 04:37 PM
I got mine this afternoon !!!!! I've left it in it's protective film for now. Love the black. No point in doing anything else as my girlfriend has taken our Powerbook to Edinburgh :( :(
I had kinda forgotten about it actually. I had just popped over the road from my block of flats to grab some lunch when on my return I see a UPS guy outside our flats with my delivery. So I'm very pleased I didn't miss him.
Interestingly I also saw the same guy a couple of hours later park his UPS van and walk into the bookies !!!!!!! So that's why they take so long ;) ;)

Judging by my experience when they hit Europe they deliver two days later.

Nomad 01 - Apple have admitted responsibility for my refurbs lack of Superdrive just waiting to hear what they intend to do about it.

nomad01
Oct 27, 2005, 04:54 PM
Judging by my experience when they hit Europe they deliver two days later.

Nomad 01 - Apple have admitted responsibility for my refurbs lack of Superdrive just waiting to hear what they intend to do about it.

Hmm... mine seems to have arrived in Eindhoven at 19:07. TNT are adamant it'l be with me tomorrow but I suspect that will be pushing it a little! Still not got my screen cover though so no rush.

As for the PB, I'd be interested to hear what they do. I've just taken delivery of a refurb 15" and I was immediately very happy but it has the clunking drive noise... at least I presume it's the drive. Sounds like a ball bearing dropping inside the PB. Can't seem to find out if it's a big problem or not.

I was going to plump for the new model but decided I'd rather make a saving than get the high-res screen and look at replacing when Intel comes along. It was delivered with stock memory but 128 GPU and 100 GB drive so I'd rather hang onto it if I can! :-s

nomad01
Oct 28, 2005, 04:16 AM
Good and bad news day for me...

Yay! My iPod is out for delivery today. Should have my hands on it when I get home.

Boo! My Powerbook is dead! :mad:

graham_m
Oct 28, 2005, 08:21 PM
apparently mine is "out for delivery" but at amsterdam?? is the postman going to walk to the UK? :p

elbows
Oct 28, 2005, 08:31 PM
I went in today and they had them!! White only though. I got a 30gig one and I am so happy! The first person to get one from the store, even some of the staff didn't know they had arrived, or even heard of them. Its here! So glad I waited for the store to get them in!

They had black ones in the Birmingham store when I went in around 4pm Friday. I got the 30GB black one, didnt ask if they had the 60gb ones in, but new ipods were all over the store.

nomad01
Oct 29, 2005, 12:10 AM
apparently mine is "out for delivery" but at amsterdam?? is the postman going to walk to the UK? :p

Well... Amsterdam... he could be just wondering round stoned and visit sex shops... and the Anne Frank museum of course.:confused:

Ryvita
Oct 29, 2005, 02:41 AM
I was getting too excited too soon. I guess us "out for delivery-Amsterdam"-people have to wait for just another "out for deliver-somewhere around here"...Then there's light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm getting really angry here and I'm usally a nice person. I ordered on the 13th!!! Everyone else seeme to have received theirs.
But stupid me wanted a black one *beeeep WRONG*!
And engraved *beeeeeep WRONG*
And a universal docking station *beeeeep WRONG*
That's gonna be my first iPod and it was hard work to persuade my mom that this is the bday present I need. I hope you understand my weird behaviour.

And talking about the fun they might have! Hope it's having safe fun and is NOT removing its protective skins. Is smoking bad for your hard drive? We'll see...I hope...

Ryvita
Oct 29, 2005, 05:16 AM
Sorry...it's me again...

Now I'm a little (?) confused here. I received an invoice for my stuff.
That says things like:

Due Date: 22.10.2005 and
Dlv. Date:20.10.2005

:confused: Tell me I'm just too impatient!

Nick84
Oct 30, 2005, 06:20 AM
Hey what tracking number and urls are you guys using to track your order acording to apple online order status my ipod was shipped 27/10 but its still showing no activity. The tracking numbers i have are 003404502800077xxxxx, 80272920800xxxxx. They are pretty long not the 8-10 digit ones u guys talk about. I've tried from the 80 onwards but am still having no joy.

:mad:

DJ1UK
Oct 30, 2005, 06:27 AM
Hi All,

I placed an order fairly recently on the 26-Oct and my track and trace looks like this;

28 Oct 2005 16:00 Pudong International Airport Potential Linehaul Delay Due To Technical Problems
27 Oct 2005 19:20 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot
27 Oct 2005 16:01 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Anyone have any ideas how long the 'Potential Linehaul Delay' will be? and any guestimates on how long til I'll get my iPod in my hand?

Thanks

DJ

Ryvita
Oct 30, 2005, 07:13 AM
Hey what tracking number and urls are you guys using to track your order acording to apple online order status my ipod was shipped 27/10 but its still showing no activity. The tracking numbers i have are 003404502800077xxxxx, 80272920800xxxxx. They are pretty long not the 8-10 digit ones u guys talk about. I've tried from the 80 onwards but am still having no joy.

You've ordered more than one item? Just a guess...
Try this http://apecode.com/appletrack/ and take that 8027292080. Hm, not found, maybe it's not yet in their hands.

graham_m
Oct 30, 2005, 07:35 AM
Hi All,

I placed an order fairly recently on the 26-Oct and my track and trace looks like this;

28 Oct 2005 16:00 Pudong International Airport Potential Linehaul Delay Due To Technical Problems

Anyone have any ideas how long the 'Potential Linehaul Delay' will be? and any guestimates on how long til I'll get my iPod in my hand?

Thanks

DJ

no idea, technical problems could be any length of time. i ordered mine on the 16th (in black and with a dock...) and mine is out for delivery in amsterdam as of a few days ago, so exactly 2 weeks from when i ordered it. although it still has to get here...
i remember when i looked at the site first and it said "expected delivery 31st or before" and i was thinking - "it better get here before that, thats ages" now im more like "if it gets here by then im lucky"

:/

oh yeah thats another thing, why do apple say on their website up to 7 days... if the product isnt released they should say so, and when it is. 7 days my ...

actually one last thing, does anyone know why when i type in my tracking number that starts with the 80 (even though its "out for delivery" in amsterdam) never works? just says the product isnt found blah blah

Nick84
Oct 30, 2005, 01:54 PM
You've ordered more than one item? Just a guess...
Try this http://apecode.com/appletrack/ and take that 8027292080. Hm, not found, maybe it's not yet in their hands.

Hmm, yeah i hav'nt actually received an email from apple saying its been dispatched yet, although the online order status says "shipped 27/10". weird! Yeah i did order a dock aswel although thats got a whole tracking number of its own. Those 2 numbers i gave were from the order history and order tracking respectively, not sure why they're different. On order status it details items and the carriers they've apparently been handed over to but they have no locations or progress. Bit of a wind up to be fair. Hope i get it by friday cos i've got a long train journey ahead of me :eek:

nomad01
Oct 30, 2005, 03:37 PM
Hmm, yeah i hav'nt actually received an email from apple saying its been dispatched yet, although the online order status says "shipped 27/10". weird!

I never received anything from Apple either. I think they're a bit crap at that.

If you know who it's shipping with, I'd call them. TNT were spot on with me and even the "potential delay" reported on their tracker didn't delay it getting to me.

Otherwise, I'd call Apple.

maddav
Oct 30, 2005, 04:04 PM
I'm probably going to order mine tomorrow, with the store saying "ready to ship: 7 Days" who wants to take a guess as to when it'll be in my hands. I'm going for November 17th :p

Ryvita
Oct 31, 2005, 02:30 AM
This morning the http://apecode.com/appletrack/ site shows: oops, forgot to tell you, the "truck arrived at final destination" on friday. So I'm just guessing, my home address isn't the final destination? :(
I'm not angry anymore, I'm actually quite sure my iPod will have dead pixels, one deep scratch on the front and that mysterious chip/disk problem. At least!
Yeah, I'm getting paranoid...:rolleyes:

Sky Blue
Oct 31, 2005, 03:03 AM
Two weeks to the day and it's out for delivery in Amsterdam? I live in the UK:confused:

Ryvita
Oct 31, 2005, 03:21 AM
Hi Sky,

I'd say: One day to get over the canal...next day possible delivery. If I don't receive mine today...two days in UK ;)

nomad01
Oct 31, 2005, 03:47 AM
I'm actually quite sure my iPod will have dead pixels, one deep scratch on the front and that mysterious chip/disk problem. At least!

Mysterious chip/disk problem?? What's that? What have I missed??

Ryvita
Oct 31, 2005, 04:30 AM
I can't remember where I read it...but something with the problem...iPod's keeping rebooting, uploading takes ages...I think it was the thread about the loyal exchange policy :confused:

nooudles
Oct 31, 2005, 04:33 PM
This morning the http://apecode.com/appletrack/ site shows: oops, forgot to tell you, the "truck arrived at final destination" on friday. So I'm just guessing, my home address isn't the final destination? :(
I'm not angry anymore, I'm actually quite sure my iPod will have dead pixels, one deep scratch on the front and that mysterious chip/disk problem. At least!
Yeah, I'm getting paranoid...:rolleyes:

I think my iPods on the same shipment. ETA is 4th Nov They must be taking the p**s. Surely it doesn't take a week to get from Amsterdam to Leeds!

28 okt 05 truck arrived at final destination Apple, Shanghai 04-Nov-05
27 okt 05 booking slot obtained NLAMS07 28 okt 05
27 okt 05 departed direct NLAMS07 31 okt 05
27 okt 05 accept scanned at EDC NLAMS07 01-Nov-05
27 okt 05 Arrived at EDC NLAMS07 04-Nov-05
24 okt 05 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
24 okt 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
22 okt 05 handover at supplier Apple, Shanghai
22 okt 05 Picking confirmed, EDI received Apple, Shanghai
22 okt 05 Consignment Booking received from supplier Apple,Shanghai 01-Nov-05

TNT doesnt seem to have got it yet either! This is my 3rd iPod and they didn't take this long before!

graham_m
Oct 31, 2005, 04:38 PM
you think thats bad? i just checked it and mine has gone up from eta of 2nd, to the 7th! wtf! another week, according the apple site it was at amsterdam!!

nooudles
Oct 31, 2005, 04:50 PM
you think thats bad? i just checked it and mine has gone up from eta of 2nd, to the 7th! wtf! another week, according the apple site it was at amsterdam!!

Ordered my black 60gb on the 19th.. does that mean mines going to be 6 days behind, that puts it to next monday aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh... Just looked at apecode says its still on the 4th.. but its said that since Friday.... The other 2 items on my order ( AV cable and Camera Connector) haven't even got any tracking except "FLEX POSTAL & HUB UK" and thats all its said since the 22nd.

I Despair!! Why cant they ship straight from Ireland like everyone else, not as if ipods have to be custom made.. surely the engraving can be done there??

graham_m
Oct 31, 2005, 05:24 PM
Ordered my black 60gb on the 19th.. does that mean mines going to be 6 days behind, that puts it to next monday aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh... Just looked at apecode says its still on the 4th.. but its said that since Friday.... The other 2 items on my order ( AV cable and Camera Connector) haven't even got any tracking except "FLEX POSTAL & HUB UK" and thats all its said since the 22nd.

I Despair!! Why cant they ship straight from Ireland like everyone else, not as if ipods have to be custom made.. surely the engraving can be done there??

it wouldn't suprise me mate, mine was a black 30gb, no engraving or anything. ordered on the 16th :/
how long can it take from amsterdam ffs

am beginning to get slightly annoyed with the dates they have been giving.
the website when i ordered said 1-7 days. if the product hastn been released, just say so! then dont quote 1-7 days delivery... 1-7 weeks more like... never had this problem with my previous ipod :/

Sky Blue
Oct 31, 2005, 06:19 PM

same with mine, was 2nd, now 7th!!! crap.

valit
Nov 1, 2005, 01:26 AM
everyone's iPod seems to go out for delivery the day after it reaches arnhem hub... why's mine still there... :confused:

Ryvita
Nov 1, 2005, 01:43 AM
@ Nooudels!

My tracking looks very very similar! The ETA was also changed from 28th to 4th.
Yesterday I had daydreams of bored lorry drivers and TNT-guys doing some kind of footy competition with those funny boxes from Shanghai...accidental falling in the pile of undelivered docking stations. :eek:

But I have to say, I am a bit relieved now...seeing that I'm not the only one.
WE'RE NOT ALONE! :rolleyes:

Besides: Out of boredom and desperation I ordered a Martin Fields shield...from Singapore...Let's see what's first. *sigh*

bollard
Nov 1, 2005, 02:48 AM
I'm really loving my new(and first) iPod. As everyone has said before it just works. It's so easy to use and has really revived my interest in music and I'm really looking forward to adding more songs,trawling through iTunes and raiding friend's CD collections. Apple can you please bring out an armband for the new iPod.
As for the scratching issue, as recommended by nomad01 I purchased a Martin Fields screen protector which I received at the weekend. Now I have to admit I have to be one of the most cack handed people I know so I asked my girlfriend to apply the protector. This was not a good idea !!!! The expletives used by my girlfriend in trying to apply it would have made Gordon Ramsay blush. Sorry nomad01 but she was quite scathing of the person who had recommended it and was appalled when I told her that I'd paid about 10 for this protection. I really had to stop myself from laughing that something so small could cause so much grief. So basically I've ended up with possibly the worst applied Martin Fields protector ever, but too be honest I really don't care !!!!!! I'll wait now to see what other cases come onto the market and continue to enjoy my lovely iPod ,but i doubt if I'll be showing it to anyone in the near future ;) ;) ;)
And nomad01 any news on your dead powerbook ????

maddav
Nov 1, 2005, 03:10 AM
Ordered mine last night, and it says that it'll ship 9th!

Pring
Nov 1, 2005, 03:19 AM
*cry*

Ordered mine on the 12th of October at at 2028 GMT. (Bout three hours after the announcement). The K&N Tracking page (http://apecode.com/appletrack/) now says it'll be the 4th of November. The rub is that I think that's when they'll be delivering to the company who'll then merge it with my AV cable and THEN it'll go to TNT!

If this takes a month to get here I won't be very happy in the least! I'd send off a complain but I know I'd only get a "the demand for this product was higher than expected" note. :rolleyes:

Ryvita
Nov 1, 2005, 04:31 AM
Can anyone of you remember, if there was the option for a "non-merge in transit" delivery? Do those people think, that we are not that keen on our new iPod? Oh, I think, I'm going to cry...:(

Pring
Nov 1, 2005, 05:04 AM
Can anyone of you remember, if there was the option for a "non-merge in transit" delivery? Do those people think, that we are not that keen on our new iPod? Oh, I think, I'm going to cry...:(

Not with Free Delivery, no.... I presumed it wouldn't be a problem as they had more AV Cables in stock than iPods so would be able to ship them together. If I'd known I'd have walked round the corner to get the AV Cable and had my iPod a lot earlier probably!

valit
Nov 1, 2005, 05:14 AM
It's coming! It's coming!
I'm going to go and wait in the street...
:)

01 Nov 2005 11:00 London City Out For Delivery
01 Nov 2005 07:06 London City Import Received
31 Oct 2005 14:47 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
26 Oct 2005 17:17 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot
26 Oct 2005 14:18 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

everyone's iPod seems to go out for delivery the day after it reaches arnhem hub... why's mine still there... :confused:

nooudles
Nov 1, 2005, 05:47 AM
@ Nooudels!

My tracking looks very very similar! The ETA was also changed from 28th to 4th.
Yesterday I had daydreams of bored lorry drivers and TNT-guys doing some kind of footy competition with those funny boxes from Shanghai...accidental falling in the pile of undelivered docking stations. :eek:

But I have to say, I am a bit relieved now...seeing that I'm not the only one.
WE'RE NOT ALONE! :rolleyes:

Besides: Out of boredom and desperation I ordered a Martin Fields shield...from Singapore...Let's see what's first. *sigh*

I ordered an invisibleshield from Salt Lake City a few days after my iPod and its been here a week already!!

nomad01
Nov 1, 2005, 06:04 AM
The expletives used by my girlfriend in trying to apply it would have made Gordon Ramsay blush. Sorry nomad01 but she was quite scathing of the person who had recommended it and was appalled when I told her that I'd paid about 10 for this protection.
<SNIP>
And nomad01 any news on your dead powerbook ????

LOL Well to be fair, I have to say that this MF cover caused me more hassle than any other I've had. No idea why but I couldn't get it spot on and it's not great for covering the rear of the iPod. However, at least the screen is proctected and I can see it clearly for now.

I've ordered an Invisible Shield (17 quid inc postage... ouch) to give it a go. Really not sure I'll like the bumpy finish and I suspect I'll be swearing a helluva lot trying to apply that one looking at the instructions but it's worth a try.

Powerbook was returned yesterday. I finally got through to somebody that didn't have a thick foreign accent and he was great. Said as it was only a day old, I shouldn't have to put up with the problems and they should take it back.

So now I have to decide whether to order another refurb or buy new and risk a screen with "scan lines" and a random flicker... oh and airport cutting out if I have over 1GB of memory being used. Weh-hey!! <cry>

maddav
Nov 1, 2005, 06:24 AM
I ordered an invisibleshield from Salt Lake City a few days after my iPod and its been here a week already!!

I ordered my invisible shield a day before my iPod, I think that the InvisibleShield will arrive first!!

DJ1UK
Nov 1, 2005, 06:38 AM

Got mine - only took 6 days in total.

DJ

Wednesday
Nov 1, 2005, 08:09 AM
We are sorry to report that the following item has been delayed.

"New Apple iPod - 30GB - Black [with video playback]"

Our current estimate is that it will take an additional 1-2 weeks to
obtain this item for you.

Ordered this from Amazon the morning after they were announced.

They're now saying 11-24 November for dispatch. Grrr. And it's not just an Amazon problem - my local Apple store won't be getting any for 1-2 weeks either. Seems like my new dock and Martin Fields cover will have to stay all wrapped up a while longer.

Anybody know what's going on? Was demand too high, or am I just unlucky? :confused:

nomad01
Nov 1, 2005, 09:16 AM
Anybody know what's going on? Was demand too high, or am I just unlucky? :confused:

Hmm... I got mine in just under one week. Ordered from Apple Store online but it was a white 60GB model. Black 4GB nanos were like gold dust for awhile so it could be the same phenomenon.

nooudles
Nov 1, 2005, 09:29 AM
Just had a chat with the friendly customer support people in Cork (0800 0391515 if ur in the UK). No problems are listed on their systems so they will ring shipping and get them to ship it separately from the other 2 items on my order, ASAP if there are no problems. Im awaiting a confirmation phone call.

Wednesday
Nov 1, 2005, 10:16 AM
Hmm... I got mine in just under one week. Ordered from Apple Store online but it was a white 60GB model. Black 4GB nanos were like gold dust for awhile so it could be the same phenomenon.

Apple online store says 7 days for the black 30gb. I'm sorely tempted to tell Amazon to stick it (even though they won't charge me delivery and gave me a speedy no questions refund when my last iPod died on me).

Impatience is a terrible TERRIBLE thing :)

maddav
Nov 1, 2005, 10:25 AM
Impatience is a terrible TERRIBLE thing :)

It truly is!

As a matter of interest (or impatience), those whose iPod hasn't shipped yet, what is your order status? Mine says "Preparing Shipment", but the predicted shipping date isn't for over a week.

edit: Oh, and mine's a 60GB White one

I hope mine's the same then :p

nooudles
Nov 1, 2005, 10:25 AM
The Apple guy says its in the UK waiting to be merged shud be here on Friday... so now I know.

Impatience is a terrible thing! But I paid for the service to be prompt I thought!

nooudles
Nov 1, 2005, 04:43 PM
My apple order status page has totally changed, the carrier is now APPLE EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA. A UPS tracking number has appeared, i have checked with them and my iPod is in nuneaton... MINT! I hope I get it tomorrow! Fingers crossed eh?

russed
Nov 1, 2005, 04:44 PM
i wish i had a new ipod on order :(

infact i want just anything on order! i havent bought any apple technology in a while!

nooudles
Nov 1, 2005, 04:46 PM
I'll let you look at my shiny new ipod.. if i ever get it.... to suppress your cravings.

russed
Nov 1, 2005, 04:48 PM
I'll let you look at my shiny new ipod.. if i ever get it.... to suppress your cravings.

grrr....envious!

Ryvita
Nov 1, 2005, 06:31 PM
Let me look tooooo! And I want to see your first scratches!
First Scratch Birthday Party! Yeah!

yaya....gotta wait until friday...

Edit: Sorry, it was late yesterday...

maddav
Nov 2, 2005, 04:14 AM
YAY!!

I ordered mine on monday night, and it shipped out today via TNT :D

graham_m
Nov 2, 2005, 04:40 AM
YAY!!

whats the eta on delivery?
i ordered on the 16th and still waiting... should arrive on the 7th... ffs

actually can anyone tell me why mine is at daventry
FLEXTRONICS LOGISTICS UK., DAVENTRY, GB

yet its still going to take another 5 days... normal postal service is quicker

Pring
Nov 2, 2005, 05:16 AM
YAY!!

Argh! That makes me kinda mad! (I am happy for you though).

Mine was ordered on the 12th (60 gig white, no engraving) and it's not even with TNT yet!

Where did yours ship from?

nomad01
Nov 2, 2005, 05:20 AM
Mine was ordered on the 12th (60 gig white, no engraving) and it's not even with TNT yet!

Have you contacted Apple to find out what the hell is going on? That seems like a long time. I ordered mine (60 GB, white, no engraving) on the 22nd and received it on the 28th.

Sky Blue
Nov 2, 2005, 05:24 AM
hurrah! out for delivery from UPS! Screw you TNT!

Pring
Nov 2, 2005, 05:35 AM
Have you contacted Apple to find out what the hell is going on? That seems like a long time. I ordered mine (60 GB, white, no engraving) on the 22nd and received it on the 28th.

Just phoned them there.. Spoke to a lovely young Irish girl ;)

She said that it should be at the TNT Warehouse and here with me by Friday but then when she checked the TNT web site they had no data on my delivery number... according to K&H the estimated date of delivery is the 4th so she said if it's not here by Saturday to phone back.

*sigh*

maddav
Nov 2, 2005, 05:47 AM
whats the eta on delivery?

I have no idea, I haven't even received an e-mail from Apple yet saying it's shipped, out of pure chance I checked order status on the Apple store, got a tracking number, I checked the Apecode page, but it didn't show anything, and then I checked the TNT tracking page (the time is Shanghai time, as I haven't yet perfected my time travel device):

02 Nov 2005 16:27 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot

:D

Ryvita
Nov 2, 2005, 05:53 AM

:D

But it has still to be flown to Amsterdam, then to the UK and THEN you can start to hope...:D That'll be maybe four days.

To all the Friday believers: I'm beginning to think, that our container was damaged and they had to rebuild all our iPods. That's not normal, is it?
Correct me if I'm wrong, all of us had ordered additional stuff, right?

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

drlunanerd
Nov 2, 2005, 05:54 AM
Ordered my black 60GB (no engraving) late on 28 Oct and it turned up this morning, 2 Nov. Impressive.

maddav
Nov 2, 2005, 05:59 AM
01 Nov 2005 11:00 London City Out For Delivery
01 Nov 2005 07:06 London City Import Received
31 Oct 2005 14:47 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
26 Oct 2005 17:17 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot

Taking this as the prescedent, so I guess that would mean that I'd get it Wednesday/Thursday/Friday next week. (If I'm lucky!)

But it has still to be flown to Amsterdam, then to the UK and THEN you can start to hope... That'll be maybe four days.

I'm just glad it's moving. :p

nooudles
Nov 2, 2005, 06:26 AM
After all my winging the nice UPS man has delivered it!! whooooo!

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 07:50 AM
hmm, I'm still waiting for my 60Gb black as well, order it 3 hours after it's release on the 12th.

All Apple's tracking says is:

Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 27 Oct 2005 04:00

I phoned Apple monday evening and they couldn't care less. The guy on the phone told me it's out of their hands once it's left them and that it will come when it's ready. After I asked for an updated ETA he told me that it should be around the 4th November. When I asked why it was delayed so much he just said that it was down to the ETA's being only estimates.

Not exactly the best first impression of a company.

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 07:51 AM
Apecode says the following:

28 okt 05 90 75 truck arrived at final destination Apple, Shanghai 04 nov 05
27 okt 05 86 14 booking slot obtained NLAMS07 28 okt 05
27 okt 05 30 10 departed direct NLAMS07 31 okt 05
27 okt 05 40 69 accept scanned at EDC NLAMS07 01 nov 05
27 okt 05 40 60 Arrived at EDC NLAMS07 04 nov 05
24 okt 05 32 55 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
24 okt 05 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
22 okt 05 00 04 Picking confirmed, EDI received Apple, Shanghai
22 okt 05 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier Apple, Shanghai 01 nov 05

Ryvita
Nov 2, 2005, 08:04 AM
Mine looks absolutely the same!:eek: Even the times posted by jedi!
My theory about a lost container (damaged...whatever) is getting more realistic.
OR the plane got highjacked! That's it!
Does apple support mental care costs?

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 08:16 AM
would be nice if they did :P waiting is driving me crazy!

I know the apecode tracking is for my iPod, and not the universal dock as it's using the product code MA147FB/A. I can't seem to find any tracking for the dock though ::confused:

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 08:19 AM
Flextronics tracking page shows 4 shipments with the same tracking number, two of which have 2 pieces.

It says the consignor is:

APPLE
C/O IEC
LUTTERWORTH
GREAT BRITAIN

Which is literally a 30 minute drive from my house, though the status on them have been "JOB CREATED" until this morning when one of the 4 changed status to "02NOV05 11:28 PALLET CLOSED UPSA1139 Closed" - I have no idea what that means :(

Ryvita
Nov 2, 2005, 08:25 AM
Could you give me the link for their tracking? Was searching for it for days, couldn't find anything...

Pring
Nov 2, 2005, 08:28 AM
hmm, I'm still waiting for my 60Gb black as well, order it 3 hours after it's release on the 12th.

All Apple's tracking says is:

Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 27 Oct 2005 04:00

That's pretty similar to mine... The girl i spoke to at Apple this morning said that the Out For Delivery bit just meant that it was being delivered to the TNT Hub and it'd be merged with another part of my order there. Did you also order an AV Cable or something?

Despite the fact that TNT have no record of my shipment yet she said it should be here on Friday...

To be honest though I think she was just looking at the same apecode site that we're all looking it :D

It is a bit odd that some of them are taking so much longer than others... I think we're actually over the number of days that Apple say for delivery time.

To be fair the problem isn't with Apple... it's the delivery companies. They can just be a bit, well, crap. I remember when I ordered Jaguar back in the day and there was a big fuss as they sent it third class Parcelforce or something and it took two weeks to arrive.

Pring
Nov 2, 2005, 08:31 AM
Could you give me the link for their tracking? Was searching for it for days, couldn't find anything...

https://www.iec-logistics.com/apps/tracktrace/trk_tracking.asp

APP for Customer Code

The 10 digit delivery number starting with 8 for number.

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 08:35 AM
https://www.iec-logistics.com/apps/tracktrace/trk_tracking.asp

APP for Customer Code

The 10 digit delivery number starting with 8 for number.
Note: Doesn't work in FF, so you'll need to use IE (not tried it in Safari yet)

To be honest though I think she was just looking at the same apecode site that we're all looking it :D
The person I spoke to on the phone told me that he doesn't think he'd have any more information, so it does suggest it's probably the same page.

Ryvita
Nov 2, 2005, 08:40 AM
I've been on that page!! It didn't work with firefox (so I thought it must be wrong site or wrong whatever) but with XXX IE it tells me

02NOV05 11:28 MANIFESTED Mfst: C-52090564 LUT-UPS

Lut? Is that good? Could I expect something tomorrow?

If I ever order something again from apple store and I'm very keen on getting it as fast as possible: DON'T ORDER MORE THAN ONE ITEM!

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 08:43 AM
I think the LUT-UPS could be mean that it's being sent by UPS from the Lutterworth hub

Pring
Nov 2, 2005, 08:45 AM
Right, I think I've just worked out where all my stuff is...

I ordered on the 12th.

The Flextronics page says something was "Manifested" on the 22nd. I'm guessing that's when they got the AV cable that I ordered at the same time.

Next entry is "Job Created" which I guess is just them putting it into their system.

Then
02NOV05 14:01 MANIFESTED Mfst: C-52090564 LUT-UPS
02NOV05 14:01 PALLET CLOSED UPSA0502 Closed
01NOV05 06:12 Pick List Printed Delivery 8027069570 LUTLS1
01NOV05 06:12 JOB CREATED

which I guess means that they've received my iPod and put it with the AV cable.

Now I guess they pass it on to TNT to deliver? So hopefully it'll be here soon...

But yes.. sound advice about only ordering one thing at the one time. I usually do that but I thought since the AV cables were Same Day shipping and the iPod 7 days it wouldn't be a problem!

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 08:56 AM
don't think the AV cables made a difference, I only ordered an ipod and a dock, and it's still taking just as long to get here :(

glad I didn't want it engraving!

Ryvita
Nov 2, 2005, 09:05 AM
@ jedi

I also got a dock in addition...and mine's engraved (I hope!).

Hopefully on Friday we can compare our faults (scratches, pixels, blah)...
Has anyone experiences with Martin Fields deliveries? Mine's shipped, saying 1-6 weeks....?

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 09:07 AM
if anyone thinks they can make head or tail of the IEC page, here is a link to the tracking for mine:

https://www.iec-logistics.com/apps/tracktrace/trk_getwebtrack.asp?Sref=8026979523&Cust=APP

to get the pages to work, I had to remove 00010 and 00020 from the end of the codes apples tracking page gave. Recently Apple added a tracking code starting with RTML....any suggestions what that's for?

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 09:07 AM
@ jedi

I also got a dock in addition...and mine's engraved (I hope!).

Hopefully on Friday we can compare our faults (scratches, pixels, blah)...
Has anyone experiences with Martin Fields deliveries? Mine's shipped, saying 1-6 weeks....?

fingers crossed

Wednesday
Nov 2, 2005, 09:26 AM
Martin Fields are super-speedy. Singapore post must be good - I got my cover in a week or so.

Shame I have no iPod yet to put it on !!!

I've cancelled my Amazon order and ordered from Apple online instead. Here's hoping.....

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 09:31 AM
erm, something disturbing on BBC news, TNT logistics place in lutterworth had a huge fire yesterday evening. I hope that wouldn't be the same place the iPods are coming from (IEC say Lutterworth)

Ryvita
Nov 2, 2005, 09:55 AM
Oh no! Come on! :eek:
Some one up there (or down there) doesn't want us to be happy (time to cry again) ;)

Here's the link Fire! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/4398514.stm)

But looks as if "only" some clothing stock was damaged...

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 10:10 AM
even if the iPods weren't in that warehouse, I can see them still being delayed until next week at the least :( ah well, I'll be waiting patiently till friday before I phone Apple again

Pring
Nov 2, 2005, 10:39 AM
False alarm regarding that fire I think..

From TFA

The warehouse, opened five years ago, is owned and run by logistics company TNT, but is a dedicated unit for Primark.

nomad01
Nov 2, 2005, 10:53 AM
False alarm regarding that fire I think..

From TFA

Dedicated to Primark?? Good god... must have done tens of pounds of damage! :D

Jedii, your IEC page looks a total mess. Even if the iPod wasnt in the fire, I wonder if this has caused delays.

My last Powerbook shipped via IEC last week and I received it a day after it was dispatched. The tracking was very straight forward and it had a due date on there. I think it got handed over to Lynx who actually delivered it to me though.

Are you in or near Wigston? If so, it might be coming to you via UPS. Track by your Apple reference number here (http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_GB)

I just entered your refenerce and UK as the destination country.

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 10:58 AM

Jedii, your IEC page looks a total mess. Even if the iPod wasnt in the fire, I wonder if this has caused delays.

My last Powerbook shipped via IEC last week and I received it a day after it was dispatched. The tracking was very straight forward and it had a due date on there. I think it got handed over to Lynx who actually delivered it to me though.

Are you in or near Wigston? If so, it might be coming to you via UPS. Track by your Apple reference number here (http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_GB)

I just entered your refenerce and UK as the destination country.

yeah I'm in Wigston...which means at least they know about the order! lol

nomad01
Nov 2, 2005, 11:02 AM
yeah I'm in Wigston...which means at least they know about the order! lol

Well I think IEC pass it onto a courier to deliver so if they're aware of it, I'd hope that it's imminent. Hope anyway. :confused:

graham_m
Nov 2, 2005, 11:14 AM

hahah thats quality, made my waiting a little lighter :)

on a slightly unrelated topic, i was reading the article about the fire.. and some very intelligent firefighter said this:

It was full of clothes so it was obviously going to spread very quickly
Fire service spokesman

wow. hand out the IQ certificates!

jedi58
Nov 2, 2005, 12:31 PM
hehe, at least I know where the smoke was coming from last night :P

Nick84
Nov 2, 2005, 05:26 PM
if anyone thinks they can make head or tail of the IEC page, here is a link to the tracking for mine:

https://www.iec-logistics.com/apps/tracktrace/trk_getwebtrack.asp?Sref=8026979523&Cust=APP

to get the pages to work, I had to remove 00010 and 00020 from the end of the codes apples tracking page gave. Recently Apple added a tracking code starting with RTML....any suggestions what that's for?

Yes i also have one of those RTML codes not entirely sure what they relate to or where they can be tracked? Ordered a 30GB White iPod and Universal Dock on 26/10 Apple Online order status says its out for delivery in Amsterdam (1/11), apecode says "booking slot obtained" (1/11), this is after it arrived in Netherlands. Anyone got any ideas about when i may receive mine? How long did yours take to arrive after it was out for delivery in Amsterdam/ booking slot obtained? Its not looking good for this week i feel :(

jedi58
Nov 3, 2005, 01:33 AM
hmm, I've now got yet another tracking code, this time starting with 1ZW, and the docks carrier name has changed to:

APPLE EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA

Ryvita
Nov 3, 2005, 01:45 AM
jedi, with that number you should be able to track it on the ups site (somewhere posted already).
Mine's saying: "out for delivery" location: Crawley, GB

Could I really get it today? :eek:

@Nick My status on the Apple-page is on "out for delivery" Amsterdam since the 27th and I haven't received mine yet.

Nick84
Nov 3, 2005, 02:11 AM
@Nick My status on the Apple-page is on "out for delivery" Amsterdam since the 27th and I haven't received mine yet.

Oh dear, could be waiting a while then. It's strange how some people received theirs in like 6 days. Guess ordering the dock at the same time hasn't helped my cause. Oh well the wait goes on. :rolleyes:

jedi58
Nov 3, 2005, 02:59 AM
Apples tracking page now shows the couriers as UPS, and added the following details:

Depart Terminal NUNEATON, WW, GB 02 Nov 2005 19:58
Arrive Terminal NUNEATON, WW, GB 02 Nov 2005 19:59

UPS says in transit on both tracking numbers:

3 Nov 2005 3:01 NOTTINGHAM, GB OUT FOR DELIVERY
3:00 NOTTINGHAM, GB IMPORT SCAN
2 Nov 2005 19:59 NUNEATON, GB ORIGIN SCAN
19:58 NUNEATON, GB EXPORT SCAN
10:55 GB BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Could this mean my iPod is on it's way?! :O

jedi58
Nov 3, 2005, 03:34 AM
omg omg omg!!!!!!!!11111one

UPS just delivered my iPod!!!!!

Ryvita
Nov 3, 2005, 07:44 AM
Argh!
Sould I be worried? The UPS page tells me the iPod got deliverd and signed by Silvey half an hour ago...and the docking station "exception"... :confused:

I am not Silvey, I don't know who that is. I'm getting closer to a break down...:( Really

alfogator
Nov 3, 2005, 07:48 AM
I think I figured out how apple tracking works:

First the ipod is assembled in china and handed to KH Logistics, which ships it to Flextronics in the Netherlands. So at first tracking is done through KH website, accessible via http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/. The relevant info here is:

26 okt 05 30 61 Consignment Booking received from supplier Apple, Shanghai 03 nov 05

this is when the status on applestore page will change to "shipped". The last date is the ETA, that is when they expect to deliver it to Flextronics.
Sometimes afterwards a

28 okt 05 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai

will appear: they have booked a seat for your ipod on a plane in a future date, usually 1-2 days before the ETA.

Then it will show:

02 nov 05 30 10 departed direct NLAMS07 03 nov 05

meaning that the Ipod actually hoped onto the plane (in economy class I suppose) and is sipping free drinks while enjoying the long trip.

Until now nothing appears on Applestore, when the airplane lands (well some hours later), its own tracking will show:

Arrive Terminal AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 02 Nov 2005 13:24

and afterwards

Out For Delivery AMSTERDAM, NH, NL 02 Nov 2005 15:34

which means that it's out for delivery to flextronics! Not to you yet.

Now enter Flextronics tracking system ( https://www.iec-logistics.com/apps/tracktrace/trk_tracking.asp this works only on Internet Explorer ). They take the ipod, bundle it with any accessories you ordered, pack it in a comfy box and ship it to the courier. This step can take days, meanwhile your iPod is enjoying Amsterdam cafe's and sexy shops. When the courier receives it the tracking link on Kuehne & Nagel page will finally work, and you can track the iPod journey to your home, which usually takes 1-3 days.

This is what I made out of it and I hope it will ease some people's frustration :)

maddav
Nov 3, 2005, 11:02 AM
My Invisible Shield arrived today, now just about a week or so till I get the iPod :D

Ryvita
Nov 3, 2005, 11:21 AM
Now it's offical on my order status page: Mr or Ms Silvey signed for my iPod :eek:
Phoned the costumer service...waiting for a call. :mad:

maddav
Nov 3, 2005, 11:31 AM
Now it's offical on my order status page: Mr or Ms Silvey signed for my iPod :eek:
Phoned the costumer service...waiting for a call. :mad:

Is your name at all similar to silvey? My Nano said 'Wilson', which is not my surname.

nomad01
Nov 3, 2005, 11:49 AM
My Invisible Shield arrived today, now just about a week or so till I get the iPod :D

Ooh. When did you order it?

maddav
Nov 3, 2005, 12:09 PM
I ordered it on Sunday, I'm assuming it shipped on Monday and arrived today (thursday) that's pretty phenomenal for shipping from the USA.

On the flip side, I won a CD from a UK seller on eBay the same day, and it's still not with me :p

Ryvita
Nov 3, 2005, 12:25 PM
@maddav No, my name has nothing to do with that name...not even one letter.
You also had that problem once?

maddav
Nov 3, 2005, 12:43 PM
@maddav No, my name has nothing to do with that name...not even one letter.
You also had that problem once?

No, not really, I just checked the signatory online, and it said "WILSON" I called my brother who was home, and he said he'd signed for it. I guess it was just his terrible handwriting.

Your case is worrying though, have you got an answer from Apple/UPS yet?

nomad01
Nov 3, 2005, 12:45 PM
I ordered it on Sunday, I'm assuming it shipped on Monday and arrived today (thursday) that's pretty phenomenal for shipping from the USA.

Great. I ordered Monday so it could get here tomorrow or Saturday.:)

Ryvita
Nov 3, 2005, 12:48 PM
I called the apple customer service (the number on the invoice)...He said, he'll ask for the receipt at UPS and then he'll try to figure out what happend. Since it's already a little late, I was told to expect a call tomorrow morning-midday.
The docking station went back to the ups-depot...:confused:

maddav
Nov 3, 2005, 12:48 PM
Great. I ordered Monday so it could get here tomorrow or Saturday.:)

If you used the free delivery, I'm guessing Saturday. If you used USPS Global Priority (like I did - only $5 extra), you should get it tomorrow.

maddav
Nov 3, 2005, 12:49 PM
I called the apple customer service (the number on the invoice)...He said, he'll ask for the receipt at UPS and then he'll try to figure out what happend. Since it's already a little late, I was told to expect a call tomorrow morning-midday.
The docking station went back to the ups-depot...:confused:

That sounds bad, hopefully it'll be a simple mix up and will be solved tomorrow.

graham_m
Nov 4, 2005, 06:06 AM
expecting mine on the 7th, and it arrived yesterday for some strange reason, and i wasnt in. so just got it re-delivered now, and the first thing it did was freeze up completely :/

centre button and menu for 6 seconds to force reboot

seems to be ok now... but not a good start..

hope you get yours sorted with the mythical signing for :/

maddav
Nov 4, 2005, 07:37 AM
This seems amazingly quick:

04 Nov 2005 14:19 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
02 Nov 2005 14:23 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

when do you reckon I'll receive it?

bheyes
Nov 4, 2005, 09:28 AM
Seems like mine is just behind yours:

04 Nov 2005 14:29 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
02 Nov 2005 13:53 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

I called TNT and asked them when I should expect to receive my iPod and they said that it was due for delivery on the 10th :eek:

When I asked him if it was likely I would get it sooner they said maybe the 9th at the earliest :(

bheyes
Nov 4, 2005, 09:44 AM
Well... after reading a few of the posts in this thread, it looks like once it reaches the Arnhem Hub, it's one working day before delivery.

Unfortunately for maddav and I, looks like the standard delivery doesn't include Saturdays :(

So Monday it is then.

Can't wait!! :)

nujjy
Nov 4, 2005, 09:45 AM
Seems like mine is just behind yours:

04 Nov 2005 14:29 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
02 Nov 2005 13:53 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

I called TNT and asked them when I should expect to receive my iPod and they said that it was due for delivery on the 10th :eek:

When I asked him if it was likely I would get it sooner they said maybe the 9th at the earliest :(

You think that's bad? I ordered on the 18th October and still haven't received anything! :rolleyes:

Nujjy.

Pring
Nov 4, 2005, 09:49 AM
You think that's bad? I ordered on the 18th October and still haven't received anything! :rolleyes:

Nujjy.

Hah I beat you.. 12th of October and not got it yet. it was meant to be delivered today but the order status is "DIAD MISSORT" which means they put it on the wrong truck!

I phoned today and they'll let me collect it from the depot tomorrow. Finally, it'll be mine!

bheyes
Nov 4, 2005, 10:01 AM

Nujjy.

You have my sympathy :(

What's happened?

Ryvita
Nov 4, 2005, 10:10 AM
Hey! I'm having the worst experience here! :D :rolleyes:
I haven't received any feedback so I phoned them again...at least that person seemed to be more motivated and more confused (partly delivered, not to me blah).
Meaning: Still haven't got my iPod OR my docking station...and (can't say that often enough) I ordered on the 13th (October). ...and noone seemes to know what's going on...YEAH! :(

nujjy
Nov 4, 2005, 11:36 AM
You have my sympathy :(

What's happened?

Basically, Apple don't really know where my iPod is. Some people say it's in Great Britain and others say it's in the Netherlands. Flextronics aren't replying to Apple's e-mails which doesn't really help things. For the past 4 days now, I've been told that I will receive a consignment number 'the following day', except this hasn't happened yet.

If Apple told me that it would have taken this long, then I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place. I may just return it as soon as I get it and buy another one from the Apple Store in Birmingham before then.

A week ago, I would have admitted that I was being impatient, but now, the service is just ridiculous. I'm going to try and get some compensation as well, as not only do Apple stores have them in now, but so do High Street shops, which kind of defeates the object of ordering from Apple directly, first.

Nujjy.

nomad01
Nov 4, 2005, 04:55 PM
If you used the free delivery, I'm guessing Saturday. If you used USPS Global Priority (like I did - only $5 extra), you should get it tomorrow.

They offer free delivery?

My order says Global Priority (USPS) so hopefully here tomorrow.

maddav
Nov 4, 2005, 05:40 PM
They offer free delivery?

My order says Global Priority (USPS) so hopefully here tomorrow.

Yeah, apparently they have a 'free delivery' option, I thought it only applied to the USA, but they say it's worldwide.

maddav
Nov 6, 2005, 04:01 AM
Just checked the TNT page:

05 Nov 2005 06:52 Nottingham Dwp Import Received
05 Nov 2005 05:15 East Midlands Airport Consignment Received At Transit Point
04 Nov 2005 14:19 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
02 Nov 2005 14:23 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

This REALLY sounds like it's going to arrive tomorrow, judging by other people's iPods and past experience.

YAY!

headspace
Nov 6, 2005, 08:19 AM
Well, I wasn't expecting my local Dixons to have any in but yesterday they appeared to have a limited stock of 30GB White one of which I snapped up before they all dissapeared. So it may now be worth checking in your high street as I notice a few stores are starting to get them, although no sign of any black versions yet.

Ryvita
Nov 7, 2005, 02:39 AM
Yeah! I got my MF-Screenprotector!

Still no iPod in sight. Noone's ever called me back (so far)...noone seemes to know, what's going on...

Thanks to the protectors, I have now an idea of the size of the iPod (that I'll never get?).

maddav
Nov 7, 2005, 04:11 AM
Yeah! I got my MF-Screenprotector!

Still no iPod in sight. Noone's ever called me back (so far)...noone seemes to know, what's going on...

Thanks to the protectors, I have now an idea of the size of the iPod (that I'll never get?).

I'm sure you'll get it with some persistence, just don't let them forget about it, otherwise it could just disappear.

as for mine, it says "out for delivery", so I'm hoping for the best!!

steve_hill4
Nov 7, 2005, 05:23 AM
Some John Lewis stores have had the whites in for about three days now. Nottingham, (where I currently work), got them Saturday, but only 2 60GB, which are now gone, and about 35 30GB, (about 15-20 left). No stores have black yet, but most should have some white left and more are already on the way when i checked yesterday.

Oh, and we recently voted "Mac Retailer of the Year", continuing our tradition of selling macs that go back before people like Dixons jumped on the iPod bandwagon. For a time, John Lewis was the only Major national chain selling apple hardware, so support those who supported apple.

Ryvita
Nov 7, 2005, 06:48 AM
I'm sure you'll get it with some persistence, just don't let them forget about it, otherwise it could just disappear.

as for mine, it says "out for delivery", so I'm hoping for the best!!

Guess what! I just received feedback from UPS!!!! She explained what happened (in my words: driver too stupid to ring at the gate, people at the depot too stupid to enter proper statuses (?)...). I'm hoping for this afternoon, begging for tomorrow! :D
Thanks to the Apple Customer Services Department :rolleyes: :mad:

maddav
Nov 7, 2005, 08:35 AM
Guess what! I just received feedback from UPS!!!! She explained what happened (in my words: driver too stupid to ring at the gate, people at the depot too stupid to enter proper statuses (?)...). I'm hoping for this afternoon, begging for tomorrow! :D
Thanks to the Apple Customer Services Department :rolleyes: :mad:

Good to hear you got it resolved!!

According to Apple & TNT mine was delivered at 11:25 this morning, so I'll see when I get home!!

Ryvita
Nov 8, 2005, 09:14 AM
Maddav, I hope you and your iPod are working fine? ;)
At least I just got an email from UPS, saying, that the packages are out for delivery tomorrow (*sigh*)...the status on the ups-page has changed, too (the one that said, it has been delivered).
TOMORROW!

maddav
Nov 8, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah mine was delivered fine, and I applied my invisible shield too!

Good luck on yours, hopefully there won't be another UPS screw up.