PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth 2.0+EDR for Power Mac?

Zoowatch
Oct 20, 2005, 01:03 PM
BT 2.0 is now available in the latest PowerBook and iMac models

how come it never make its way into the latest PowerMac?

Bear
Oct 20, 2005, 01:25 PM
BT 2.0 is now available in the latest PowerBook and iMac models

how come it never make its way into the latest PowerMac?It has.

To quote the PowerMac Technical Specifications (http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html) page: "Networking: Dual 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet ports; integrated wireless antenna; optional AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (build-to-order option or through an Apple Authorized Service Provider)

It's just not a default option as a lot of places don't need wireless with a PowerMac.

iEdd
Oct 20, 2005, 04:16 PM
Desktops often don't need those things
/says me who has G5 airported to the base station right next to it :p

crazzyeddie
Oct 20, 2005, 05:01 PM
Desktops often don't need those things
/says me who has G5 airported to the base station right next to it :p

Desktops do need Bluetooth for syncing and headsets, as well as Airport for wireless-only networks or places that you don't have CAT5... and people with base stations 3" away from the computer ;)

bodeh6
Oct 21, 2005, 12:08 PM
I believe people are asking too much for Apple to make things like these standard. Not many other PC makers even have the option to put in WiFi/BT into a desktop. Apple should not make them standard in my opinion.

But I don't like how now on the Powermac you must order both or none. Before this revision you could order the BT and Wifi module's seperate or buy them together for a savings. No you have to get both even if you need only one.