PDA

View Full Version : mini.. I think it died

smooshy
Oct 20, 2005, 01:15 PM
My iPod mini (which is only 1 month old, I got it for free with my iBook) seems to have died today. It got stuck on hold, so I reset it, and now it's had the apple on the screen for 3 hours. I called applecare, and they tried some things from my iBook and it didn't work. I have to try from my PC at home later to see if that will make a difference, but she said it probably won't. Any suggestions on things I can try?

If there is something really wrong with it, do you think I might have a chance of them replacing it with a nano instead of another mini (it's a 2nd gen mini). Could I maybe pay a price difference?

Let me know what you think.. I want a nano, but I don't want to have to pay for a whole new one when I already have this mini. And please let me know if what's happening with my mini has ever happened to any of you!

Thanks!

dotdotdot
Oct 20, 2005, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure...

But, if Apple gave you a free iPod mini, would the "price difference" be $250 for 4 gigs and $200 for 2 gigs?

smooshy
Oct 20, 2005, 01:22 PM
I definitely hope not.. I payed for it, but am supposed to be getting the money back in a rebate (hasn't arrived yet, $255 CAD).. it was an educational promotion.