PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air 2009 Problem

Empyrean1
Mar 29, 2013, 09:09 AM
Hello, I've got a Macbook air that's been having an issue for quite a while now and can't figure out what it is.. There's a part of the screen that works perfectly fine and other parts of the screen which are coloured... well, not normal. The screen doesn't have a problem as I replaced it with a new one and there was still the same issue. my second guess was the motherboard HOWEVER when I connected it to an external monitor everything worked perfectly fine. I don't know what else it can be so if anyone has a clue, please help out! thanks a bunch

Trey M
Apr 2, 2013, 02:51 AM
^^^ What a helpful reply!

StockDC2
Apr 4, 2013, 12:31 PM
Hey, this is a pretty late response but I think the ribbon cable connecting the monitor to the logic board may be frayed or damaged.

A picture would help greatly here.

Empyrean1
Apr 13, 2013, 05:42 AM
Hello and thank you for the reply, would you like a photo of the opened up laptop? Also - could you please tell me how much this ribbon roughly costs? I wouldn't assume it to be expensive, however I am not too experienced at working with Apple products so would you reckon that I could replace it myself or is it too delicate to handle? Thanks and sorry for the late reply!