Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2002
Iowa
If you've recieved the latest issue of Popular Science in the mail, check out page fourteen (What's New - Cell Phone Prototypes.)

Examine the data-centric phone with the flip-out green keyboard.

On the lower right of the device, an Apple button is apparent.

Take from this what you will.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Popular Science drops a hint.

Originally posted by Spart
If you've recieved the latest issue of Popular Science in the mail, check out page fourteen (What's New - Cell Phone Prototypes.)

Examine the data-centric phone with the flip-out green keyboard.

On the lower right of the device, an Apple button is apparent.

Take from this what you will.

This is an old mock-up that has been floating around on the web for years. For whatever reason, the person who wrote the article included it.

arn

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Is it just me....

... or does Popular Science have the oldest pictures and articles in the Solar System... I remember seeing a recent issue of "what did jesus really look like" or something like that... I mean give me a break... I remember seeing that 20 years ago... same article and pictures and everything.

I think Popular Sciences next issue has something about whether Newton has the answer... and it's not talking about the Apple Portable either.

:cool:

zac4mac

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
near Boulder, CO. USA
In a similar vein, I just got the Dec9,2002 edition of Penton Group's "Electronic Design", a trade journal, and four pages into the magazine is an ad from Philips Electronics with this picture:
(Hope this works, never attached an image here.... Zack)
Phone_.jpg

There's no direct link to Apple here, but I think the design looks very Apple and the "confirm" button looks like it's straight out of Aqua.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.