Popular Science drops a hint.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Spart, Dec 13, 2002.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2002
    If you've recieved the latest issue of Popular Science in the mail, check out page fourteen (What's New - Cell Phone Prototypes.)

Examine the data-centric phone with the flip-out green keyboard.

On the lower right of the device, an Apple button is apparent.

Take from this what you will.
  2. Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Would you (or anyone else) be able to scan a pic of this so that we can see it?
  3. arn
    macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Re: Popular Science drops a hint.

This is an old mock-up that has been floating around on the web for years. For whatever reason, the person who wrote the article included it.

4. macrumors 6502

Oct 28, 2002
    Is it just me....

... or does Popular Science have the oldest pictures and articles in the Solar System... I remember seeing a recent issue of "what did jesus really look like" or something like that... I mean give me a break... I remember seeing that 20 years ago... same article and pictures and everything.

I think Popular Sciences next issue has something about whether Newton has the answer... and it's not talking about the Apple Portable either.

5. macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2002
    near Boulder, CO. USA
    In a similar vein, I just got the Dec9,2002 edition of Penton Group's "Electronic Design", a trade journal, and four pages into the magazine is an ad from Philips Electronics with this picture:
    (Hope this works, never attached an image here.... Zack)[​IMG]

There's no direct link to Apple here, but I think the design looks very Apple and the "confirm" button looks like it's straight out of Aqua.