PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Refurbs..?

mikebatho
Oct 24, 2005, 05:42 AM
I'm wondering if Apple refurb ipods on their site, can anyone who has bought one from their let me know their opinion of them? Qulaity, apearance & price, compared with new...?

mikebatho
Oct 24, 2005, 03:23 PM
Nobody has any experience of refurbished ipods....?

nhamze
Oct 24, 2005, 03:37 PM
I bought a 3g about a year ago and the thing looked perfect no scratches or anything but the battery life wasn't too good.

Nick

Jovian9
Oct 24, 2005, 03:38 PM
I have had several refurb iPods in the past.
Quality - Just like new - the only difference is they come in a brown Apple box instead of a new iPod box.
Price - go to Apple's Store Website and in the bottom right there is a link to the "Looking For A Great Deal - Save" section. You'll find all kinds of iPods in there.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/73002/wo/Zn5GA9kwAKRP2IR9gQpoPAvtYJr/0.0.17.1.0.8.63.0.0.0.0.0.0.3.1.1.0?91,36

mikebatho
Oct 24, 2005, 05:11 PM
Excellent. That is just what I was after, the apple refurb prices.

I could find a link to the refurb store, but only with the details of the 10am opening time...

Good work fella!!!!!!

Labi
Oct 24, 2005, 06:29 PM

I could find a link to the refurb store, but only with the details of the 10am opening time...

Good work fella!!!!!!

I checked that link, and there are 15 refurbished ipods with the details and prices. They're from 21% up to 43% of the original price depending on the model state they are..

ipodaddicted
Oct 25, 2005, 07:30 AM
I just received a refurbed ipod mini 4gb in pink to give as a present, and after examination it looked virtually 99.9% mint and as new! Only diff is the box it comes in isn't the original mini packaging... however it is still packed very presentable and in a nice apple cardboard box with foam liners inside with all the original books, cd, and accessories. The equipment came in their clear plastic wrappers - very professional and presentable. Not bad for $159 eh?!!

nomad01
Oct 25, 2005, 08:00 AM

Good work fella!!!!!!

That link is for the US Store I think. The UK Store is open at 10 tomorrow if you want to check UK prices.

From memory there were some iPods in the Refurb Store last week but I can't remember prices, sorry.