PDA

View Full Version : Canon DSLR not mounting

JW8725
Oct 25, 2005, 01:33 PM
Hello bit of a situation. My Canon EOS 350D DSLR doesnt seem to want to mount?? It works fine under its own software, namely the Canon Image Browser but doesnt seem to show up a clickable icon on my Mac mini. My Sony Cybershot U seems to work fine. I have a Sandisk CFII card inside it. How do I get my Mac to recognise it?

Thanks

edesignuk
Oct 25, 2005, 01:35 PM
My 350D has never mounted as a disk, only ever accessed it through iPhoto :confused:

JW8725
Oct 25, 2005, 01:36 PM
My 350D has never mounted as a disk, only ever accessed it through iPhoto :confused:
Oh man! Why is that? I dont really use iphoto, think I better start using it then??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

rogerw
Oct 25, 2005, 03:45 PM
tve tried a few different canon's and none of them mount. I guess it is just a canon thing. Bit of a pain though.

OutThere
Oct 25, 2005, 03:51 PM
You can get USB card readers that you can put the memory card into for about $20 US, then it will mount on the desktop. :)

JW8725
Oct 25, 2005, 04:01 PM
You can get USB card readers that you can put the memory card into for about $20 US, then it will mount on the desktop. :)
woohoo!! Now just have to find one that looks as nice as my mini! :D

Applespider
Oct 25, 2005, 04:09 PM
Or try to get the pictures using Image Capture which will allow you to download some or all the images and then perform a number of automated actions on them (including Automator actions) to move them to specific directories, rename them etc

JW8725
Oct 25, 2005, 04:33 PM
On iphoto using the Canon does anyone know how I "eject or unmount" the camera before I plug it out and turn it off? It constantly says BUSY and if you turn if off when its in this state you can damage the Sandisk CFII right? :confused:

rogerw
Oct 26, 2005, 02:10 AM
On iphoto using the Canon does anyone know how I "eject or unmount" the camera before I plug it out and turn it off? It constantly says BUSY and if you turn if off when its in this state you can damage the Sandisk CFII right? :confused:

on my one - 300d - i just switch off the camera and unplug the usb cable. no problems and no warnings.

(using panther, if that makes any difference)