Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John55455

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
What is this and how can I get it on my HTC One.

android-42-quick-settings-n.jpg

Thanks

MuffCabbage

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
What is this and how can I get it on my HTC One.

Thanks

I think you need to wait for 4.2.2. I could be mistaken tho.

With 4.2 pulling down on the right of the status bar brings up quick settings. There is probably another way tho since its Android

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The HTC One surprisingly does not have a "notification Bar" as it is on any other android device. There is no quick settings, no notifications (the feed on the home screen takes its place). I'm sure the Play Store has applications that will work with the HTC One until an actual version is sent via your carrier

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
The HTC One surprisingly does not have a "notification Bar" as it is on any other android device. There is no quick settings, no notifications (the feed on the home screen takes its place). I'm sure the Play Store has applications that will work with the HTC One until an actual version is sent via your carrier

Sorry but you are wrong, it does have a notification bar.... Blinkfeed does not take place of the notifcation bar.

There are no quick setting toggles in the notification bar, they should be added with 4.2.2 update, however as people have posted give just download an app to put them in the current notification bar.

But otherwise the notification bar works in same way as every other android device.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Sorry but you are wrong, it does have a notification bar.... Blinkfeed does not take place of the notifcation bar.

There are no quick setting toggles in the notification bar, they should be added with 4.2.2 update, however as people have posted give just download an app to put them in the current notification bar.

But otherwise the notification bar works in same way as every other android device.

What I meant by post is that I does not have quick settings but does have a notification bar. Sorry, my mistake

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
The quick settings is something I really like about TouchWiz. When I had an HTC Desire Z before, I always had to go to my home screen and tap on a widget to toggle the auto-rotate. On the SGS3, I don't have to leave the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.