Android Quick Settings?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by John55455, Apr 22, 2013.

1. macrumors member

What is this and how can I get it on my HTC One.

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. macrumors regular

I think you need to wait for 4.2.2. I could be mistaken tho.

With 4.2 pulling down on the right of the status bar brings up quick settings. There is probably another way tho since its Android

3. macrumors 68030

Tinmania

4. macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

5. Dontazemebro, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013

macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I use widgetsoid donate version on my One X +. Lots of customization options. Right now I have it configured with WP8 power toggles that I custom made.

[​IMG]

6. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

I use settings extended from the PlayStore, its configurable to look more aesthetically in keeping.

7. macrumors 6502a

The HTC One surprisingly does not have a "notification Bar" as it is on any other android device. There is no quick settings, no notifications (the feed on the home screen takes its place). I'm sure the Play Store has applications that will work with the HTC One until an actual version is sent via your carrier

8. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sorry but you are wrong, it does have a notification bar.... Blinkfeed does not take place of the notifcation bar.

There are no quick setting toggles in the notification bar, they should be added with 4.2.2 update, however as people have posted give just download an app to put them in the current notification bar.

But otherwise the notification bar works in same way as every other android device.

9. macrumors 6502a

What I meant by post is that I does not have quick settings but does have a notification bar. Sorry, my mistake

10. macrumors member

11. macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

It did, I had it on my One X but it was implemented differently. It was a secondary tab accessible thru the notification bar.

12. macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

The quick settings is something I really like about TouchWiz. When I had an HTC Desire Z before, I always had to go to my home screen and tap on a widget to toggle the auto-rotate. On the SGS3, I don't have to leave the app.