PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! doubles the price of music service

nichos
Oct 27, 2005, 12:22 PM
So if you were locked in with the subscription, you'd either have to give up your music, or pay the extra fee.
link to article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051027/ap_on_hi_te/techbits_yahoo_music)

Sky Blue
Oct 27, 2005, 01:55 PM
hahah! I wish i knew someone who was using that service. I would laugh at them very hard.
A prime example of why subscription services suck.

devilot
Oct 27, 2005, 01:58 PM
wait a sec..

dubbz
Oct 27, 2005, 02:00 PM
wait a sec..

Hmm?

Anyway. It's still cheaper than Apple's subscription service.

nichos
Oct 27, 2005, 08:37 PM
Hmm?

Anyway. It's still cheaper than Apple's subscription service.

But you renting it?! (the music)

Lacero
Oct 27, 2005, 08:39 PM
wait a sec..
Are you searching for a previous thread? I've looked. It might be one of the MacByte articles.

Basically, it's a bait and switch. :D

devilot
Oct 27, 2005, 09:50 PM
Are you searching for a previous thread? I've looked. It might be one of the MacByte articles.

Basically, it's a bait and switch. :DHaha, my instant reaction was 'Repost!' but when I went back and found previous threads, they linked to different articles... so I thought I'd just let this go. But apparently soooome of you can't let me just back down. :o

mkrishnan
Oct 27, 2005, 09:59 PM
I feel like Yahoo is doing a great job advertising the merits of purchased music vs. a subscription model. I mean, I get scared every time Apple updates the iTMS agreement and I have to agree to it to keep using iTunes, but I continue to own the music. It would seriously suck to get priced out of your subscription and lose access to everything..... :(

Sun Baked
Oct 27, 2005, 10:02 PM
Basically like cable television, the evil circle where there only way to show increasing profits is to raise prices -- because their number of users aren't growing fast enough. :p