PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie with her ipod?

hedgehogg
Oct 27, 2005, 07:57 PM
I won an ipod a few months ago -and lost it (argh) I just replaced it and while downloading my library of songs (like 1017) the ipod hung up - would not copy, would not quit, would not do nuttin at song number 773. I was terrified at destroying everything but ended up saving 557 songs after shutting down and rebooting. I'm working from a mac laptop with OS X and it worked FINE for that first ipod. I'm terrified now - do I just delete that song that hung up? (which was totally average/normal/just a song off a CD). Would you suggest I only try to download a few at a time? I cannot see that i did anything wrong but I'm just afraid - I can't afford ANOTHER ipod if I mess this one up and i feel pretty damn stupid here. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong and if it's fixable?
If I've messed up here, my apologies - I read everything I could and it would appear this is the right place to post this?

mad jew
Oct 28, 2005, 01:45 AM
Use the iPod Software Updater to restore your iPod and try again. Sorry, but that's the only workaround I can think of at the moment. :o

rdowns
Oct 28, 2005, 03:49 AM
If mad jew's advise does not work, try moving the song out of your library and then update. A colleague at work had issues with a song corrupting the iPod and rendering it useless. Apple graciously replaced his unit and then again three days later. The bad song was ripped from a CD.

hedgehogg
Oct 28, 2005, 11:36 AM
after emailing the folks who sold it to me who advised me, I tried again and everything was fine. The ipod just looked at me like "what? What WAS your problem?" NO idea why it hung up/crashed but i was able to put everything on the pod, add some new stuff and listened to it and it seemed fine. GO FIGURE. Had it not happened that way, thanks, I was thinking of both those ideas - I was going to delete the song right off but never got around to it and it seems totally content now. I appreciate the help.