PDA

View Full Version : Apple signs $375K contract with California school district

medea
Dec 16, 2002, 06:08 PM
The Chino Valley Unified School District Board of Education in California approved a contract last week with Apple to provide an Internet site where students can work on homework assignments from a home or library computer, reports the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin. The article states that the board unanimously approved the US$375,206 contract for an "Electronic Backpack/Universal Locker" program. http://www.dailybulletin.com/Stories/0,1413,203%257E24398%257E1051820,00.html

interesting, and looks like apple is not completely igonoring the education field.....not that I think they are because they are doing several things for education right now, like those ibook labs I posted awhile back, but some of the moves theyve made have been questionable.

Falleron
Dec 17, 2002, 04:14 AM
Nice, we need more like that though.

TiMacLover
Dec 17, 2002, 11:56 AM
I live in Clovis CA, near Fresno and we need something like this, the last time we had macs was during the 5xxx PowerMac/Performa Age and we are just now gettin rid of those. And I was informed 2 weeks ago that macs where not longer allowed on school networks which is soo dumb, we are bought out by Microsoft :(

wdlove
Dec 17, 2002, 06:41 PM
Hopefully this will plant the seed for more contracts!