PDA

View Full Version : What commercials have you seen a Macintosh in?

slooksterPSV
Oct 30, 2005, 08:22 PM
I thought I would start this thread to see what other commercials there have been where a Macintosh is in the background that you can find. I'll start off:

Army National guard - the guy is going to a new job and its an airplane hanger. In the background you can distinctively see an iMac G5. They ask the one guy if he's ever worked on anything this fast (being the plane) and he says at the end, yeah in my last job.

ldenman
Oct 30, 2005, 10:11 PM
i don't know any commercials, but i do know that one is in The Royal Tenenbaums....its an iMac. :)

Demon Hunter
Oct 30, 2005, 10:56 PM
PowerBooks are in hundreds of product placements. Off the top of my head, two mail order catalogs we have in our home use 'Books: L.L. Bean and Sharper Image.

P.B. Teen also uses all kinds of Apples on their desks, furniture, etc. That's almost a Mac every other page!

G5Unit
Oct 30, 2005, 10:57 PM
I saw a PowerBook in a YellowBook commercial.

mad jew
Oct 30, 2005, 11:00 PM
iMac G5 in the Kinder Surprise commercial on TV. :)

mcarnes
Oct 30, 2005, 11:05 PM
I saw a powermac in a powermac commercial.

stridey
Oct 30, 2005, 11:08 PM
There's an iBook in the recent Netflix commercials.

Also, not a commercial, but in Firefly Inara's computer is an upside-down powerbook. :)

Whyren
Oct 30, 2005, 11:10 PM
I saw a powermac in a powermac commercial.

Wow...took almost three hours. Thought it'd be faster than that. ;)

I've seen Powerbooks/Safari used in almost every ad my cable company has.

bursty
Oct 30, 2005, 11:11 PM
Nine Inch Nails - Only

Music video is completely centered around a Powerbook and a needle-toy-thing. Very cool video.

GFLPraxis
Oct 30, 2005, 11:26 PM
I saw a PowerBook in a Dell advertisement on their site once.

killuminati
Oct 30, 2005, 11:42 PM
I just recently saw a Powerbook in a Panago commercial. Got 20 bucks cuz I bet my friend that I have that exact same computer. lol, we like to bet on random things.

Deepdale
Oct 30, 2005, 11:53 PM
Army National guard - the guy is going to a new job and its an airplane hanger. In the background you can distinctively see an iMac G5.

I saw that commercial for the first time two weeks ago.

P.S. On an unrelated item, your signature line says "Find my Avatar offensive? PM me or Email me about it." Looks okay to me ... have others contacted you about it?

p0intblank
Oct 31, 2005, 12:04 AM
I never noticed the iMac G5 in that Army commercial... and it's on every single night. :p Next time it's on I'll be sure to look for it.

Josh396
Oct 31, 2005, 01:14 AM
Wow...took almost three hours. Thought it'd be faster than that. ;)
I've saw an iMac in an iMac commercial.;)

slooksterPSV
Oct 31, 2005, 01:15 AM
I saw that commercial for the first time two weeks ago.

P.S. On an unrelated item, your signature line says "Find my Avatar offensive? PM me or Email me about it." Looks okay to me ... have others contacted you about it?
Yup - complained about it? Nope.

HiRez
Oct 31, 2005, 01:45 AM
I know they are all over the place at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. You can't watch The Apprentice: Martha Stewart for five minutes without seeing a Mac logo...or so I hear anyway. *cough*

Deepdale
Oct 31, 2005, 02:00 AM
I know they are all over the place at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. You can't watch The Apprentice: Martha Stewart for five minutes without seeing a Mac logo...or so I hear anyway. *cough*

The last candidate dismissed was David and he was seen taking notes on a PowerBook while his team met with Merv Griffin.

Cloudgazer
Oct 31, 2005, 03:54 AM
I saw a magazine ad for.... AMD processors.

The laptop was definately a powerbook, but the Apple logo was absent.

nomad01
Oct 31, 2005, 10:19 AM
Not a commercial but I was watching Weeds recently and everybody seemed to have a Powerbook!

Not sure what that says about Mac users. :confused:

mac-er
Oct 31, 2005, 10:37 AM
Target uses Macs in their weekly ads (you'll see them sitting on computer desks, etc)

slooksterPSV
Oct 31, 2005, 12:01 PM
Today on the Ellen Degeneris Show the DJ Guy had a 14" iBook.

Jaffa Cake
Oct 31, 2005, 01:21 PM
There's currently an ad for a Dymo label machine airing over here that has a girl using a white Apple keyboard and mouse to help create her labels. And incredibly enough, the ad actually advertises the product as being Mac compatible! :eek:

Superdrive
Oct 31, 2005, 01:39 PM
Richard Lewis' assistant in "Curb" last night had a PowerBook. At first it looked like a 14" iBook, then in later scenes it looked like a 15" PowerBook. I'll have to check it out again tonight and verify.

The Reg
Oct 31, 2005, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by slooksterPSV
They ask the one guy if he's ever worked on anything this fast (being the plane) and he says at the end, yeah in my last job.
I remember this commercial :) But... I recall them working on a helicopter. I will have to watch again.

maddav
Oct 31, 2005, 02:02 PM
I don't know of any adverts, but the programme 'Spooks' on BBC has lots of Macs there, typically it's just the iMac G5s and HUGE cinema displays, but in the last episode we got to see a Mac Mini!!!!

:p

mkubal
Oct 31, 2005, 02:16 PM
I watched a bunch of college football this weekend and saw and advert for one of the schools that had both an iPod and an iBook in it. I'm not sure of the school, but if I had to guess, I think it was Va. Tech. I could be off.

slooksterPSV
Oct 31, 2005, 04:33 PM
I remember this commercial :) But... I recall them working on a helicopter. I will have to watch again.
:p Same differene :p

killuminati
Nov 1, 2005, 12:46 AM
At first it looked like a 14" iBook, then in later scenes it looked like a 15" PowerBook. I'll have to check it out again tonight and verify.

Please do, I'm quite anxious to find out what it really was.

20rogersc
Nov 1, 2005, 02:39 PM
Erm not TV but a few in The Times. Think it was BA and also another airline using a Powerbook and another one using the Apple Pro Mouse.

One was talking about checking in using the internet :rolleyes: :confused: or something like that, the other had the trackpad with clouds on it

::20ROGERSC::

Jaffa Cake
Nov 1, 2005, 02:51 PM
Erm not TV but a few in The Times. Think it was BA and also another airline using a Powerbook and another one using the Apple Pro Mouse.Actually, that reminds me – BA have got a TV ad airing at the moment, with a guy using a Powerbook to check in or book his tickets online, or something like that.

It's quite telling that both of us remember the ads featured Apple kit, but neither of us could tell you exactly what it was BA was wanting to promote... :D

lom8104
Nov 1, 2005, 03:00 PM
Off topic but......

Very Dissappointed that Lex Luthor in Smallville has swapped his powerbook in for a Dell.

The richest guy in the world is going to sport an 8lb Dell???

SuperSnake2012
Nov 1, 2005, 03:02 PM
I often see Apple computers with the shiny Apple covered up by a stupid sticker :eek: A lot of the times I see Safari being used on TV where they try to show a website. I think they used it on Best Week Ever on VH1 :p

Jaffa Cake
Nov 1, 2005, 03:04 PM
The richest guy in the world is going to sport an 8lb Dell???I'd imagine he probably employs a lackey to carry it around for him. ;)

slooksterPSV
Nov 1, 2005, 04:41 PM
FingersAreFor for a Seigfried and Jensen Law firm commercial it shows Safari.

AstrosFan
Nov 1, 2005, 04:56 PM
On Continental Airlines, when they show their "Safety" video, they use a Powerbook as a demonstration of "Approved Electronic Devices."
Again, they don't show the Apple logo, but the keyboard is definitely one of the Aluminum PBs.

AstrosFan
Nov 1, 2005, 05:07 PM
Also, on the same airplane theme, Powerbooks are featured throughout the SkyMall catalog.
Some are the newer Aluminum PBs, some are older PBs.

AlmightyG5
Nov 1, 2005, 05:46 PM
I saw a PB in a lucky charms commercial. of course if was a cartoon and the not the real thing...but it was drawn just like a PB.

ajwitte
Nov 2, 2005, 01:41 AM
I've seen the TiBook with a Windows screenshot superimposed over the screen in numerous print ads.

tekmoe
Nov 4, 2005, 06:55 AM
just now saw an ad for realestate.com on tv. a guy is at his computer and it was a 23" ACD. also looked like the bluetooth mouse & keyboard.

zudo
Nov 4, 2005, 07:18 AM
There's currently an ad for a Dymo label machine airing over here that has a girl using a white Apple keyboard and mouse to help create her labels. And incredibly enough, the ad actually advertises the product as being Mac compatible!
I noticed that too, although if I remember rightly they show windows software running, so apple kb/mouse plugged into a PC?
I stupidly pointed this out to my girlfriend before I realised she didn't need any more evidence of my geekdom:rolleyes:
Also there's a crap show called Supernanny on channel 4 and the nanny always uses a 17" powerbook to view the video of the mum's messing up her rules. Although they have some silver sticker over the apple and superimpose the video on the screen for the benefit of the viewer...

ibglowin
Nov 4, 2005, 08:05 AM
I don't notice commercial use all that much but what I do see is almost total domination in the television and movie industry. 9 out of 10 computers will be an Apple of sorts in any shot.

On a side note, my family and I attended the Teluride Film Festival during the Summer. Guess who was the TOP sponsor? Heres a hint:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2005/08/telluride/