Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squelches

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2013
I can no longer create or delete a folder ("mailbox") in Mail. I have tried going through the mailbox menu, using the + at the bottom, and cntrl clicking, but when I click on "New Mailbox" nothing happens. It doesn't work under "on my mac" or the specific accounts. Everything is updated & I have restarted both mail and my MBP. I have googled it to death, but no one else seems to have had this problem. Any guesses??

Thanks!

squelches

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2013
Did you already rebuild Mail's database (Mail -> Mailbox -> Rebuild)?

So I tried rebuilding - still doesn't work :/ I just get that thunk sound (the one that it makes when it can't do what you're trying to do)

JScottC

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
Also Having This Problem

Can't create a new mailbox, and get the same "can't do it" sound effect. Tried a rebuild, but no success.

Have a second mac, basically identical (2008 power book) with the exact same issue.

Both running mail Version 6.3 (1503). Problem seems to have started within the last few days.

Any ideas?

--Scott

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Can't create a new mailbox, and get the same "can't do it" sound effect. Tried a rebuild, but no success.

Have a second mac, basically identical (2008 power book) with the exact same issue.

Both running mail Version 6.3 (1503). Problem seems to have started within the last few days.

Any ideas?

--Scott

Bold: Is this the infamous Powerbook G5.:rolleyes: :p

As for the problem, repairing permissions might help although I doubt it if it is User related.

JScottC

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
Tried a permissions rebuild

and didn't work. Strangely, on one mac, manually duplicating an mbox file and then moving it to the desktop and importing it seems to have fixed it. On the other mac, not so much. Ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.