PDA

View Full Version : The MacDaddy is back! with a G4 baby!!!

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 04:44 PM
It's been 3 weeks since i've posted on this site! I finally got my laptop it took 3 weeks to get here, i got it on ebay from a power seller for $899.88 plus a 50buck rebate. It was supposed to only take 2 weeks but they didn't ship it and they gave me an extra 50 buck rebate! now i have a 100buck rebate! so i got the ibook for 799.88!!! plus he refunded my shipping cost of 44.06 cause they didnt' ship it on time so i got my Brand New Ibook G4 for only... $755.82!?!?!?!?! :eek: What a Deal! the wait was worth it! I'm opening it right now, i gotta figure out what to do this is my first Mac :cool:

this is so exciting :p

Aaaahhh what do i do! where do i start! this is all so new to me! ...maybe i should read the manual first :o

p0intblank
Nov 1, 2005, 04:49 PM
The best way to learn is to explore. :) That's what I did with my first Mac last year.

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 04:51 PM
Aaaahhh what do i do! where do i start! this is all so new to me! ...maybe i should read the manual first :o
Collaborate battery - charge and then watch a DVD on full brightness until the battery dies.

PS: what mac did you get, again? lol... and isn't that Mac OS X intro movie cool!!! :D

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 04:52 PM
i don't even wanna touch it rite now it's so nice and shiny i'm drooling over it rite now :p

russed
Nov 1, 2005, 04:53 PM
wow that is a fair deal you got there!

just explore, things may feel awkward at first but pretty soon everything will feel far more normal than on windows.

you have to tell yourself if you dont know how to do something - just think the simples way and it will probably work!

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 04:53 PM
Collaborate battery - charge and then watch a DVD on full brightness until the battery dies.

PS: what mac did you get, again? lol... and isn't that Mac OS X intro movie cool!!! :D

u want me to charge it then drain the battery? what for??? I got the Ibook G4...

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 04:57 PM
u want me to charge it then drain the battery? what for??? I got the Ibook G4...
Ah, so you don't know much about notebooks, do you? :p

You need to collaborate the battery to get it's full life and battery life.

Ok...? iBook G4...? processor speed? screen size? RAM? HD? :p

Oh, and you can post in other places on the forum, too. Not your own personal thread(s) :rolleyes:

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 05:00 PM
Ah, so you don't know much about notebooks, do you? :p

You need to collaborate the battery to get it's full life and battery life.

Ok...? iBook G4...? processor speed? screen size? RAM? HD? :p

Yep this is my first Notebook :) how long to i charge it for? Won't this take a long time to charge then drain it?

here's the specs:
1.33GHz
512MB
40GB
12.1 inch screen
bluetooth and all the basics...

Oh, and you can post in other places on the forum, too. Not your own personal thread(s) :rolleyes:

i'm the Mac Daddy i like posting in my own threads ;)

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 05:04 PM
Yep this is my first Notebook :) how long to i charge it for? Won't this take a long time to charge then drain it?

here's the specs:
1.33GHz
512MB
40GB
12.1 inch screen
bluetooth and all the basics...
Ah, I see. Nice starter machine! :)

If you charge it all the way up, and then drain it 3-4 times, you'll have the best battery life. Just use it as you would with the power supply. ;)

I recommend watching a movie with brightness full blast... drains the battery quick!! Oh, and make sure to have Bluetooth on, Airport on, and your computer is set to "Better performance" - click battery icon on top bar of the screen... you'll see.

Hope that helps...

Danksi
Nov 1, 2005, 05:05 PM
You need to collaborate the battery

Do you mean calibrate?

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 05:07 PM
ok it's charging... how long does it take to charge? can i turn it on while it's charging or should i wait till it's done?

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 05:10 PM
ok it's charging... how long does it take to charge? can i turn it on while it's charging or should i wait till it's done?
Totally turn it on!! The battery charges while it's sleeping, on, and off.

Do you mean calibrate?
yeah... woops... :o

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 05:11 PM
Totally turn it on!! The battery charges while it's sleeping, on, and off.

ok so when the charger light becomes green that's when i should start the drain?

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 05:13 PM
ok so when the charger light becomes green that's when i should start the drain?
yep :) ;)

MacDaddy951
wait a min. i just turned on the computer and the light went green! how the hell am i supposed to kno if it's charged or not? or is it already charged since the light is green? o wait it just turned orange again! :confused:

VanMac
You might want to go through some of the documentation that came with your machine.

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 05:14 PM
lol that's what im doing lol

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 05:15 PM
wait a min. i just turned on the computer and the light went green! how the hell am i supposed to kno if it's charged or not? or is it already charged since the light is green? o wait it just turned orange again! :confused:
Yeah.. it does that on startup. Not unusual. It'll go back to what ever it's supposed to be when it gets fully booted ;)

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 05:16 PM
wow i just turned it on it's amazing :eek:

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 05:18 PM
I love the Mac OS X intro movie :D

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 05:21 PM
ok i'm clueless about the wireless service part i'll have to do that later, i just put computer doesn't connect to the internet.

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 05:24 PM
You got wireless right? Just click the little UFO type thing, idk, next to the sound (left of sound) and click your wireless network.. Oh, and make sure it's on ;). I was connected to the internet during the movie intro :eek:

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 05:26 PM
on my desktop i have DSL

AJ Muni
Nov 1, 2005, 05:28 PM
dude calm down...

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 05:44 PM
You got wireless right? Just click the little UFO type thing, idk, next to the sound (left of sound) and click your wireless network.. Oh, and make sure it's on ;). I was connected to the internet during the movie intro :eek:

:confused: what? lol i'm so confussed

what are the two cds it came with for? there install disc but isn't the Mac OS X already installed?

what are the two cds it came with for? there install disc but isn't the Mac OS X already installed?

DaftUnion
Nov 1, 2005, 06:02 PM
Yes, there for restoring incase you ever need to start fresh...you don't need them now...and your def. trying to get your posts up quick aren't you. Most posts I've seen by one person in a thread in a long time:rolleyes:

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 06:03 PM
^lol u shoulda seen me 3 weeks ago when i was here lookin for a Ibook lol

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 08:53 PM
You shouldn't come to these forums just to get your answers. Help others, maybe? I got my questions answered before I had 100 posts. Look at me now - I'm 63 posts away from 1,000. It's actually rather selfish. You've only posted in your threads - come on. give me a fricken' break. wow.

I'm the the Mac Daddy i like posting in my own threads ;)

wow. :rolleyes:

^lol u shoulda seen me 3 weeks ago when i was here lookin for a Ibook lol
Not something to be proud of.

:rolleyes:

macbaseball
Nov 1, 2005, 09:10 PM
You shouldn't come to these forums just to get your answers. Help others, maybe? I got my questions answered before I had 100 posts. Look at me now - I'm 63 posts away from 1,000. It's actually rather selfish. You've only posted in your threads - come on. give me a fricken' break. wow.

Chill out. Who cares, at least he has a Mac and he's willing to get help. I'd rather he ask for help on this site, then sit at home mystified and wonder why he bought an Apple. I don't know, I don't think it's a big deal.

Also:

A: He might not have much time as you do.

B: Maybe since he's new to Apple, he doesn't know enough yet to give advice. Some guy at school was asking me ho to burn a CD on a PC, and I didn't have a clue. Maybe it's the same thing for him.

mjstew33
Nov 1, 2005, 09:51 PM
A: He might not have much time as you do.

B: Maybe since he's new to Apple, he doesn't know enough yet to give advice. Some guy at school was asking me ho to burn a CD on a PC, and I didn't have a clue. Maybe it's the same thing for him.

A. You make a point.
- 3 weeks? Come on.

B. True.
- Browse the forums, you'll learn more and more every day - Enough to give advice others.

I didn't mean to be an ass, though it kinda sounded like I was. I'm just sayin'...

MacDaddy951
Nov 1, 2005, 10:51 PM
I need help getting on the internet :( i just went to bestbuy and bought a wireless notebook adapter but i guess macs don't use them what do i need to get on the net?

iEdd
Nov 1, 2005, 11:26 PM
It's been 3 weeks since i've posted on this site! I finally got my laptop it took 3 weeks to get here, i got it on ebay from a power seller for $899.88 plus a 50buck rebate. It was supposed to only take 2 weeks but they didn't ship it and they gave me an extra 50 buck rebate! now i have a 100buck rebate! so i got the ibook for 799.88!!! plus he refunded my shipping cost of 44.06 cause they didnt' ship it on time so i got my Brand New Ibook G4 for only... $755.82!?!?!?!?! :eek: What a Deal! the wait was worth it! I'm opening it right now, i gotta figure out what to do this is my first Mac :cool:

this is so exciting :p

2 things:
#1. I'd have to laugh if you noticed all those deals then unwrapped it to find the box empty :p
#2. Reading the manual is what I do online before it comes while I wait. :D

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 05:20 PM
I need help getting on the internet :( i just went to bestbuy and bought a wireless notebook adapter but i guess macs don't use them what do i need to get on the net?
OK dude. First, do you have wireless in your house? If you do, follow these instructions - if you don't... skip.
See this little UFO thing? Does yours like this?
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2173/picture19sw.png
Or is yours like this?http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6393/picture49fi.png

If it looks like the first one or it's all gray, all you need to do is select your network - like this.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/lilstewart92/Picture2.png
If your UFO type icon looks like the second picture of the UFO's, you'll just need to turn it on... like this ;) http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/lilstewart92/Picture5.png

If you don't have a wireless network, well, then you need to get one. haha. If you have a router - you just need to get a Wireless G Access Point.

yeah, buying an external card for an iBook is the stupidest thing you could've done. You gotta look into things before you take action. The iBook comes with a card built in. The iBook doesn't have many upgradeable capabilities other than RAM :(. (No PCMCIA slots and upgrading HDs and disk drives are a pain in the ass)

Does that help?

MacDaddy951
Nov 2, 2005, 07:01 PM
^^ yeah that helps thanks. i'll go check right now. but i thought i have to buy an airport express?

MacDaddy951
Nov 2, 2005, 07:04 PM
k my thing is gray but i dunno what a wireless network is?:confused:

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 07:06 PM
A wireless network? :eek: :p

Ok, do you have a router? Did you buy an Airport Express?

MacDaddy951
Nov 2, 2005, 07:07 PM
should i just call support? i think there still open... but my mom is on the phone! she'll be on for hours! i'll check the manual for now

MacDaddy951
Nov 2, 2005, 07:07 PM
A wireless network? :eek: :p

Ok, do you have a router? Did you buy an Airport Express?

I don't kno what a router is and i didn't buy an aiport express yet. wait nevermind i have a router...;)

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 07:10 PM
Ok. To make this as simple as possible.... do you have fast internet speed? do you know DSL or Cable?

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 07:11 PM
should i just call support? i think there still open... but my mom is on the phone! she'll be on for hours! i'll check the manual for now
Support won't do s h i t. They'll say "well, you have to erase your hard drive and then try"... those scumbag high no life loosers who don't know s h i t.. :o ;) :eek:

MacDaddy951
Nov 2, 2005, 07:13 PM
Support won't do s h i t. They'll say "well, you have to erase your hard drive and then try"... those scumbag high no life loosers who don't know s h i t.. :o ;) :eek:

lol i thought Apple has the best support system... yeah i kno what DSL is and i have it! I have the new Verizon Fios/Vios whatever the hell it is and it's fast...

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 07:14 PM
I don't kno what a router is and i didn't buy an aiport express yet. wait nevermind i have a router...;)
Ok.... if you do have a router, not a DSL modem or Cable modem, you'll need a Wireless Access Point - From your local BestBuy. I recommend this one (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007KDVJ/104-2687926-4327960?v=glance&n=172282&v=glance). I only buy Linksys - couldn't be happier ;)

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 07:17 PM
lol i thought Apple has the best support system...
Yeah right! :eek: Call 'em and you'll see. Ching wong kong bing bong wong. ~if you know how to speak that language - go ahead. They don't know anything... just say restart.. if that doesn't work.. up, you've got bad system files ERASE + INSTALL. :rolleyes:

Anyway, are you sure you have a router? - It just doesn't seem your to condfident when it comes to computers... no offense intented. or is it just a DSL modem? or make this even simpler, do you have other computers in the house that are connected through the DSL connection?

MacDaddy951
Nov 2, 2005, 07:20 PM
+i have one of those linksy thingys already... and it's the exact one and i even bought a external card last night for my laptop that was the same brand to match! lol, but yeah i used to have more than one computer in my house that's y i have that thing.

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 07:20 PM
Ah, hell. Do you have AIM? I could give you a personal support chat - seems like you need it ;) :D

IM me - lilstewart92

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 07:21 PM
+i have one of those linksy thingys already... and it's the exact one and i even bought a external card last night for my laptop that was the same brand to match! lol, but yeah i used to have more than one computer in my house that's y i have that thing.
I think that's a router. Does yours have antennas on it?

mjstew33
Nov 2, 2005, 08:18 PM
I got 'em up on the internet wireless.

:D

MacDaddy951
Nov 2, 2005, 08:47 PM
lol yes he did! lilstewart is the coolest... he helped me get my ibook on the net and i didn't even have to spend $129 on a Airport EXpress!

xyian
Nov 2, 2005, 09:58 PM
Is this whole thread for real???? I swear it's a joke.:o

iEdd
Nov 2, 2005, 10:36 PM
Is this whole thread for real???? I swear it's a joke.:o
*Wipes tear from eye* Now you know how I feel :D Nevertheless, congrats on the mac, macdaddy.

TodVader
Nov 2, 2005, 10:50 PM
congrats on the new iBook. I got one new from apple canada last week and I really like it so far. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

cleanup
Nov 3, 2005, 07:26 AM
Oh wow.

I don't mean any disrespect, but either MacDaddy is a small child or this is his first computer.

Maybe you should've just gotten a calculator, because you're going to run into more problems with your experience level, I assure you.

But at least you didn't choose Windows.

tliptak
Nov 3, 2005, 07:54 AM
Oh wow.

I don't mean any disrespect, but either MacDaddy is a small child or this is his first computer.

Maybe you should've just gotten a calculator, because you're going to run into more problems with your experience level, I assure you.

If he got a PC they guys on the Windows forum would be like "You need an Xbox 360 in order to bridge internet through the mac to your linksys router via the ubernet. You need to order one and send it to me. I will calibrate it for you." :cool:

macam
Nov 3, 2005, 08:13 AM
This has got to be one of the funniest threads I have seen. It was like a comedy skit! Frickin Hilarious. I was rolling on the floor laughing... Not at you but feeling your pain and panic in your posts. :D

Well done in coming over to the MAC world. Now that you're over your initial teething problems - I guarantee you that you will have a more pleasant (and less stressfree) experience.

*stands applauding*

macam

PharmD
Nov 3, 2005, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the side of the Light MacDaddy. I just bought a 12" ibook this week and can't be happier. This is my third mac mind you though. You picked the right forum for help. Classy guys all around.

mjstew33
Nov 3, 2005, 06:43 PM
Oh wow.

Scare 'em away, would ya..?

damn, just cause some people don't know much about computers, doesn't mean you gotta criticize them 'bout it! wow. Atleast he's coming for help!

He's 18, btw :rolleyes: :mad:

iDONTdoWINDOWS
Nov 3, 2005, 08:14 PM
Hilarious..one of the funniest threads in a while:D

mjstew33
Nov 5, 2005, 06:53 PM
Hilarious..one of the funniest threads in a while:D
I wouldn't be talking n00b. You've only been here for barely anytime and you only have what, 8 posts, and your saying funniest threads in a while?

:rolleyes: