PDA

View Full Version : Specific Mac Models

crazzyeddie
Nov 1, 2005, 11:18 PM
For the specific Mac models (like the oogles of PowerMac revisions), would it be wise to just link directly to AppleSpec instead of making our own? We already have [[PowerMac]] with links to [[PowerMac_G4]] which then links to [[PowerMac_specificModel]]. Maybe the links on the PowerMac_G4 page should be to the AppleSpec PDFs for those models?

840quadra
Nov 1, 2005, 11:29 PM
For the specific Mac models (like the oogles of PowerMac revisions), would it be wise to just link directly to AppleSpec instead of making our own? We already have [[PowerMac]] with links to [[PowerMac_G4]] which then links to [[PowerMac_specificModel]]. Maybe the links on the PowerMac_G4 page should be to the AppleSpec PDFs for those models?

What if apple takes that information down?

I would think it would be good to make our own local DB of information so we don't need to rely on others for information.

Just my .00000002
http://forums.macrumors.com/image.php?u=47064&dateline=1127904880&type=profile

Lord Blackadder
Nov 1, 2005, 11:54 PM
Eventually the MR Guide will hopefully absorb all the info from the various reliable sources, making it pretty comprehensive.

Mechcozmo
Nov 2, 2005, 12:08 AM
The current guideline is to post links to external sources, and then slowly merge that data into the MacGuides. A good example right now is the PowerMacG4 page, which has some links to user-created pages and some links to external pages.

(Assuming someone didn't change that :rolleyes: )

Alex The Nifty
Nov 3, 2005, 01:10 PM
You could also either link to or copy the information from www.apple-history.com. It has the specs for (as far as I know) all old Apple products, but is seldom updated, so if we put everything here, then we would have a more up-to-date, all-in-one database.