Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nalmond92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
UK
Just out of interest who of you who said if Apple didn't change ios would move to android now plan on staying ios for another year?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I never said anything like that.

I like what Android, specifcally some of the phone makers have to offer, particularly the HTC One. What keeps me on the iPhone in part is iOS. The level of integration, ease of use keeps me satisfied.

I'm not on the beta, because I can't take a chance running a beta on my phone, as its needed for work but so far I like what I see.

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
I had no interest at all in Android until this new release. I am a guy's guy and I expect my phone to reflect that. I will not buy a phone with a feminine color scheme any more than I would buy a pink phone or carry a purse.

I do like the other features in IOS7, so if there is some way to jail break IOS7 to change the color scheme, then I may stick with the Apple platform.

allthatjazz

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
I had no interest at all in Android until this new release. I am a guy's guy and I expect my phone to reflect that. I will not buy a phone with a feminine color scheme any more than I would buy a pink phone or carry a purse.

I do like the other features in IOS7, so if there is some way to jail break IOS7 to change the color scheme, then I may stick with the Apple platform.

What's a "guy's guy" and where's the feminine color scheme? :confused: You sound insecure about your masculinity. Relax.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
Just out of interest who of you who said if Apple didn't change ios would move to android now plan on staying ios for another year?

Well I own a S4, and use my iP5 as my primary phone. So I don't have to move OS's. Pretty Satisified with iOS 7 though.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Interesting! Chalk one up for apple?
Do you think screen size would also make you change?

My 100% staying with Apple was contingent on 2 things:

1) iOS 7 being redesigned

2) A bigger screen being available

So the first point has been addressed, making me like 80% happy to stay with Apple for a couple of more years for sure.

If they release a bigger screen size too, I'll stay for the next 5 years and promise not to complain! :D

JacinTatt

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012

I'm assuming you mean the colours when you pull up the toolbar from the bottom. I hope you realise you can re-arrange your app icons and change the wallpaper and make the colour scheme more "manly".

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
What's a "guy's guy" and where's the feminine color scheme? :confused: You sound insecure about your masculinity. Relax.
Samsung's upcoming advertisements:

A camera pans and you see two girls in pink dresses with pink purses and other "bling." You don't see their faces.

The camera zooms in on their white iPhones and you see a feminine background with the IOS7 feminine color scheme.

Then the camera pans around and you see their faces -- they are actually guys!

Samsung's advertisements won't be this crude in the USA -- although they may be in Europe and Asia -- but i know folks at their ad agency (Razorfish) and you can be damn sure that they'll pitch a toned down variant of this ad if the icon colors and gradients don't change between now and release.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.

Here, here!

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
How in the world can people answer this question at this point. Don't you actually have to use the software before you decide you're going to leave (or stay)? And no I'm not referring to beta software that is buggy. Or are people really going to leave based on the look of app icons on the home screen? :confused:

pik.

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
Ι ve been using Android for almost 3 years.

Nexus S,Galaxy S3,Note2,Nexus 4 and now Xiaomi with V5 MIUI.
also webos with Pre 2/3 for some months

I must say i had iPhone edge,3g,3gs,and iPhone 4... at home I m using Mac and iPad

iPhone was always something I really liked but I wanted something more and I do not want to wait jailbreak...

So for me,iOS7 and iPhone5 or better iPhone5s/6 will be the come back.
I feel it s the upgrade all the android users /ex iphone user needed.

The OS is clean,compact,has full multitask webos style,wich I loved,and I love the notification center.

I will come back.
Ive delivered...
also Craig Federighi is a man I trust thats why I m upgrading from L to osX Mavericks. :)

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
I hope all these over reacting a$& hats just leave iOS and leave it to others.. If you're not happy with something, make the move.. Stop complaining to us on here who you have mistaken that we give a sh!&.

Being a "mans man", etc.. Lol, what a joke. Have a little security that you're a man period, and stop letting color schemes, looks, styles, control if you're a man or not.

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
I hope all these over reacting a$& hats just leave iOS and leave it to others.. If you're not happy with something, make the move.. Stop complaining to us on here who you have mistaken that we give a sh!&.

Being a "mans man", etc.. Lol, what a joke. Have a little security that you're a man period, and stop letting color schemes, looks, styles, control if you're a man or not.

Stop nagging and telling others not to share their opinions while you are at it yourself.

bearda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA
How in the world can people answer this question at this point. Don't you actually have to use the software before you decide you're going to leave (or stay)? And no I'm not referring to beta software that is buggy. Or are people really going to leave based on the look of app icons on the home screen? :confused:

I don't know, I've been playing with the beta for a big and aside from the visual changes (which I generally like) most of the functionality changes I feel like are already there on Android. I got a Nexus 4 a while ago to play around with and have been thinking about swapping my iPhone 4S out as the daily driver. If you ignore the bugs, speed, and battery life issues with the beta (which you should, it's a beta) I think you can still get a pretty good feel for what will be there come Fall. Almost all the things that have a lot of impact to me (multitasking, notification center, control center) really seem like a carbon-copy of Android 4.0+.

The lack of BTLE and AVRCP 1.3+ support on AOSP has been the main the stopping me from making the switch. Google has announced that the next Android update will include support for both of them, so I'm really leaning toward the Android side at this point. I tried the iOS beta to make sure there wasn't some amazing new stuff that I'd be missing out on, and I don't feel like I've seen it yet. Which is too bad, because I really love the iPhone 4S hardware (Yes, the Nexus 4 is too large for me to comfortably use in one hand. I am the weirdo who has used a larger phone and would rather have a 3.5 inch screen)

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
I'm giving it a try regardless of how much I dislike the new direction Apple is going in with iOS 7. My biggest complaint right now is the animation speed. I wish there was a way to adjust it like in Android. There are good changes and bad ones of course. Overall I personally find it too white and difficult to navigate through. There are also many inconstancies with regards to selected and unselected buttons but nothing is final yet.

I'm more worried about the direction that developers will take when updating their apps. Will this kill creativity in applications? I'm sure there will be developers that want to adopt the overall theme of iOS and incorporate it into their apps and icons. A life like rendered icon no longer "fits" on the home screen.

I'm giving it a chance and if I can't deal with it I'll look towards other platforms. You can't knock something before you actually use it but I feel like this was a chance for Apple to really shine and it was poorly executed. We're still being fed miniscule updates but wrapped in a new theme.

Android is definitely at the top of my list right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.