PDA

View Full Version : Current major bugs in Mavericks?

Pages : [1] 2

Yixian
Jun 13, 2013, 08:44 AM
Hey guys just wondering what the current major issues you have had with Mavericks are, I'm talking issues that will prevent this from being your daily OS in it's current DP1 form.

So far I know that Adobe Flash doesn't seem to work, but other than that I've not heard of any major bugs and it seems to be very stable..

leman
Jun 13, 2013, 08:52 AM
No major bugs (Flash works btw.), just some applications don't work (e.g. Parallels), which can be annoying

bjpom
Jun 13, 2013, 08:53 AM
After waking from sleep or screen saver it doesn't ask for your password to gain access. Even with 'Require Password Immediately after sleep or screen saver begins' is ticked.

Anyone else experiencing this?

MacReloaded
Jun 13, 2013, 08:54 AM
Flash works.

Using full screen apps on multiple displays is very buggy. Couldn't get the menu bar to show up to exit full screen. The dock wouldn't show up. Used the keyboard shortcut to get out of full screen but the window simply disappeared.

joenj07087
Jun 13, 2013, 09:02 AM
does anyone know if Logic Pro 9 and Ableton Live 9 work with Mavericks Beta?

Yixian
Jun 13, 2013, 09:40 AM
I have seen YouTube vids where people are prompted to upgrade Flash despite having the latest version and get the "plug in needed" error over Flash videos.. Maybe it's an isolated problem.

Krazy Bill
Jun 13, 2013, 12:00 PM
Safari and other apps freeze a lot for me. For up to 5-10 seconds. Not sure but I believe "App Nap" has some issues - at least for me.

JohnDoe98
Jun 13, 2013, 12:23 PM
Safari and other apps freeze a lot for me. For up to 5-10 seconds. Not sure but I believe "App Nap" has some issues - at least for me.

The only thing I noticed with App Nap that I hope they tweak, is let's say you have many desktops or full-screen apps open and you four finger swipe across them to quickly get to one you want further down in the list. Well, all the Apps in the windows that you swiped across will wake up. If you go directly there through Mission Control, they stay napping. So perhaps Apple should setup a slight delay in how App Nap re-activates apps when you are swiping through desktops (and only under this condition since otherwise we'd want them to speedily resume).

ValkyrieLenneth
Jun 13, 2013, 12:44 PM
Anyone got hotkey problem in Photoshop CS 6 ?

MichaelDT
Jun 13, 2013, 02:19 PM
I have seen YouTube vids where people are prompted to upgrade Flash despite having the latest version and get the "plug in needed" error over Flash videos.. Maybe it's an isolated problem.

You just need to go into the Flash control panel and click software update it will download a new version or same version or whatever and then it works. The installer (.dmg) on adobe's site the blocked plugin error directs you too will not work.

rafamarrone
Jun 13, 2013, 02:27 PM
I noticed that my bluetooth had stopped working since I updated t Mavericks.

I use a rMBP.

ncrypt
Jun 13, 2013, 03:17 PM
No major bugs (Flash works btw.), just some applications don't work (e.g. Parallels), which can be annoying

Parallels have a fix: http://kb.parallels.com/en/116259

leman
Jun 13, 2013, 03:32 PM

Nice, thanks!

Yixian
Jun 13, 2013, 03:41 PM
Has anyone found something that makes Mavericks unsafe/unsuitable as a daily OS yet?

I have one of the new MBAs and I can just feel it whispering "Mavericks... Mavericks..." to me, just doesn't feel right having ML on this bad boy :D

techn0lady
Jun 13, 2013, 04:08 PM
Has anyone found something that makes Mavericks unsafe/unsuitable as a daily OS yet?
:D

You mean aside from the fact that it is a Beta ? (ahem)

leman
Jun 13, 2013, 04:32 PM

Most of the software I use for living is beta, never stopped me ;)

Yixian
Jun 13, 2013, 04:59 PM

Let's not pretend this isn't MacRumors.com.

mentalcase
Jun 13, 2013, 05:56 PM
does anyone know if Logic Pro 9 and Ableton Live 9 work with Mavericks Beta?

I can confirm that logic is running just fine.

myxomatosis
Jun 13, 2013, 07:06 PM
Only problem Ive encountered so far: Mail wont display new mail notifications in the Notifications Center.

activate
Jun 13, 2013, 07:42 PM
Had my first system freeze when I clicked not on this url:http://www.oldapps.com/mac/skype.php?old_skype=11978
but the download link within that page.

Then clicked it on another mac running 10.8.3, no dramas.

clunkmess
Jun 13, 2013, 09:12 PM

I have this problem on Mavericks for my MBA. It says "blocked plug-in" and won't let me watch YouTube:(

jozeppy26
Jun 13, 2013, 09:22 PM
Considering installing this to a partition. Anyone have any rMBP issues beyond certain apps not working (illustrated on the "broken apps" forum)?

Krazy Bill
Jun 13, 2013, 09:52 PM
I have this problem on Mavericks for my MBA. It says "blocked plug-in" and won't let me watch YouTube:(You are using the wrong version of Flash. Adobe gives OSX 10.9 the wrong one.

Go here, select OSX 10.8 and version 11 (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/)

1BadMac
Jun 13, 2013, 10:44 PM

I was noticing this quite frequently. Specifically, for Safari. But noticed that it would "lag" when un-minimizing an app. Once the app was open again, it would run fine.

I finally disabled AppNap across the board. Runs much more like 10.8.4 -but at the trade off of some battery. I'm going to look into a toggle / script / GUI to do this on an app by app basis.

Yixian
Jun 14, 2013, 03:49 AM
Freezes on the whole pretty rare?

Candlelight
Jun 14, 2013, 04:06 AM
Nothing so far.

Mail doesn't work for me; I try and set up my account and the app crashes the instant I hit next. Then again I don't use it very often (I use Microsoft Office).

Final Cut Pro (6, 7 and X), Avid Media Composer 6.5 and RedCine-X 17 all work so I'm set.

Yixian
Jun 14, 2013, 04:47 AM
Nothing so far.

Mail doesn't work for me; I try and set up my account and the app crashes the instant I hit next. Then again I don't use it very often (I use Microsoft Office).

Final Cut Pro (6, 7 and X), Avid Media Composer 6.5 and RedCine-X 17 all work so I'm set.

Hmm I think Mail not working is about as good a reason not to use as a main OS as I can think of haha, but I haven't heard it mentioned before, is that when setting up a new account or will it not load your old ones?

Yixian
Jun 15, 2013, 09:49 AM
Any new problems? Thinking of installing today.

Four oF NINE
Jun 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
Hmm I think Mail not working is about as good a reason not to use as a main OS as I can think of haha, but I haven't heard it mentioned before, is that when setting up a new account or will it not load your old ones?

Mail works fine for me. In fact, everything appears to be working well with Mavericks for me. The one exception I've found thus far is an inability to stay logged on when using a Java powered chat room. Not sure what that issue is.

w0lf
Jun 15, 2013, 02:10 PM
Freezes on the whole pretty rare?

No major problems for me. Had finder crash one time, that's about it.

jozeppy26
Jun 15, 2013, 05:07 PM
Only problem Ive encountered so far: Mail wont display new mail notifications in the Notifications Center.

Works for me on a rMBP

m3rih
Jun 22, 2013, 11:13 AM
I think I have found bug. When I click trackpad options or mouse options, all I see black screen. Is that same for you?

Eithanius
Jun 22, 2013, 11:38 AM
Same here... :D

Blackened window...

m3rih
Jun 22, 2013, 11:44 AM
Another bug:

If you choose more than two pictures in quick look and toogle between them, it shows blank screen.

NewbieCanada
Jun 22, 2013, 11:53 AM
Same here... :D

Blackened window...

I got it too. Some designer had one order too many of Cajun blackened catfish

w0lf
Jun 22, 2013, 01:06 PM
Another bug:

If you choose more than two pictures in quick look and toogle between them, it shows blank screen.

What do you mean by toggle between them? This doesn't happen for me.

m3rih
Jun 22, 2013, 01:08 PM
What do you mean by toggle between them? This doesn't happen for me.

I mean changing pictures with arrow keys

Tubamajuba
Jun 22, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mavericks is running very well for me- but there is one very minor glitch I've noticed.

In System Preferences, whenever I exit certain panes (iCloud is one of them), go back to the main list, and hit the "forward" button as fast as I can to re-enter the panel before the panel can re-load, an error message pops up says "Could not load iCloud preference pane". If you try clicking on the same pane again, the app freezes.

Very minor and almost entirely inconsequential bug, but it's there.

w0lf
Jun 22, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mavericks is running very well for me- but there is one very minor glitch I've noticed.

In System Preferences, whenever I exit certain panes (iCloud is one of them), go back to the main list, and hit the "forward" button as fast as I can to re-enter the panel before the panel can re-load, an error message pops up says "Could not load iCloud preference pane". If you try clicking on the same pane again, the app freezes.

Very minor and almost entirely inconsequential bug, but it's there.

Very interesting bug. I just tried this myself and can confirm it does indeed work exactly as you described.

xgman
Jun 24, 2013, 01:44 PM
I'm always amazed how many bugs a new step in the OS brings. You'd think you would get all the stability of the old and then some even better. It's not like Maverick is that much different to begin with. Just seems like a step backwards even though I'm sure these minor bugs will get fixed. I just find it odd how they have to go backwards to go forwards.

wermy
Jun 24, 2013, 02:32 PM
It's not like Maverick is that much different to begin with.

Maybe not on the frontend... But it sure sounds like there is a lot changed under the hood. I'm sure there are lots of devs who worked on Mavericks who would involuntarily spit out their coffee at reading that quote. :D

SeenJeen
Jun 24, 2013, 04:50 PM
Another bug:

Can't replicate here.

So far, no show stoppers here. And Mavs is a much better upgrade than that sore excuse of a Lion/ML 2 year period...

Tiki35
Jun 25, 2013, 12:08 PM
After waking from sleep or screen saver it doesn't ask for your password to gain access. Even with 'Require Password Immediately after sleep or screen saver begins' is ticked.

I have the exact same issue, thus no security.

Screen Sharing with another Mac is also hit and miss, sometimes it connects, other times it doesn't, and no error message.

Also, in Mail, it will not remember my account password on an Exchange account. The password field remains blank no matter how many times you enter it in Preferences, very frustrating. So every time Mail opens, you are prompted for your Exchange password.

NewbieCanada
Jun 25, 2013, 12:13 PM
I have something in XBMC - Some (but not all) mp4 files play back with colour tearing. They play back fine in Quicktime or in XBMC on Mountain Lion. This happens both on the Mini with HD4000 and on the Retina.

Senseotech
Jun 25, 2013, 12:19 PM
I have the exact same issue, thus no security.

Screen Sharing with another Mac is also hit and miss, sometimes it connects, other times it doesn't, and no error message.

Also, in Mail, it will not remember my account password on an Exchange account. The password field remains blank no matter how many times you enter it in Preferences, very frustrating. So every time Mail opens, you are prompted for your Exchange password.

I didn't have this issue in DP1, but it's reared its hear in DP2 for all my non-iCloud email accounts. Between this, iCloud Notes syncing and iCloud Keychain both breaking, and I've actually experienced more bugs with DP2 than DP1. Whereas I had been using DP1 as a daily driver for a week now, DP2 isn't cutting it.

richsadams
Jun 25, 2013, 12:40 PM
I've found that after I've opened and deleted an email the item will still appear in Messages as new until I click on it, then it disappears. This doesn't happen with all emails though.

On Dev 2. Didn't notice this with Dev 1.

Just me?

w0lf
Jun 25, 2013, 01:02 PM
I think I have found bug. When I click trackpad options or mouse options, all I see black screen. Is that same for you?

This has been fixed in DP2.

Vervious
Jun 25, 2013, 01:58 PM
Just wondering, in Safari 7, Youtube playlists in a background tab don't automatically jump to the next video unless you visit the tab again. Is this a new thing?

ErikGrim
Jun 25, 2013, 08:50 PM
While Logic might work, 32-bit plugins are a mess. The 32-bit bridge will crash all the time and many of my plugins are missing completely :(

throAU
Jun 25, 2013, 09:23 PM
Only annoying thing i've noticed so far (other than the preference window being black above) is Quicktime X doesn't play videos for me any more (both DP1 and DP2).

Maybe incompatible with the version of Perian i have installed?

w0lf
Jun 25, 2013, 10:05 PM
Only annoying thing i've noticed so far (other than the preference window being black above) is Quicktime X doesn't play videos for me any more (both DP1 and DP2).

Maybe incompatible with the version of Perian i have installed?

I'm pretty sure Perian isn't working in Mavericks.

ThomasGrrrr
Jun 28, 2013, 05:28 AM
Hello,

Mail-
Works fine with gmail and "me". Exchange for me works, but is strange.
First the mail started to ask for my password and locked out me exchange account, then I waited for it to unlock. Now it seems to work, but smart folders with unread count are not working or updating. They sometimes do and sometimes don't.
They do something strange with using the mail&Internet account when you go to accounts in calendar and mail, but when you double click or first go though preferences it takes you to the "old" account tab.

Calendar-
At the moment the calendaragent is keeping the CPU busy. Without the app running and when I kill the agent, it will come back after some minutes.

For the rest all is working normally, also the apps I am normally using like Firefox are happy running on it.

some strange "bug" is the apps that need accessibility options.
They report that you have them turned off and link you direct to the accessibility options in System Preferences. It took some trying to find out that this is a new security option and you need to give access to the apps in the security settings.

hings todo apps seemed to have some crashes going on.

For the rest, happy days... All works "normally".

-Thomas

throAU
Jun 29, 2013, 03:24 AM
I'm pretty sure Perian isn't working in Mavericks.

Cheers... confirms that MY perian isn't working in mavericks is to be expected :)

GermanyChris
Jun 29, 2013, 04:41 AM
After about 2 weeks you can feel its beta-ness..

Julien
Jun 29, 2013, 05:34 AM
Garmin Communicator Plugin isn't working with Safari. It says it needs to be installed. However it will work with Chrome.

richsadams
Jun 29, 2013, 07:03 PM
I think I have found bug. When I click trackpad options or mouse options, all I see black screen. Is that same for you?Just catching up on this thread.

FWIW these options are working for me in DP2.

http://i39.tinypic.com/swsqbp.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2uypon8.jpg

MacReloaded
Jun 30, 2013, 03:58 AM
In DP2, Safari becomes barely usable after a while and must be relaunched.

Iproxmagiikz
Jun 30, 2013, 04:41 AM
Installed DP1 and now my screen flashes blue before logging me out - repeatedly, so cant use my MacBook Pro. In safe mode to do everything now until i work out a fix.

Dalton63841
Jun 30, 2013, 04:43 AM
Installed DP1 and now my screen flashes blue before logging me out - repeatedly, so cant use my MacBook Pro. In safe mode to do everything now until i work out a fix.

Can you upgrade to DP2 in safe mode? Have had 0 issues so far. I'm loving it.

petvas
Jun 30, 2013, 04:45 AM
There are enough bugs in DP2, but talking about them would break my NDA..

Lolito
Jun 30, 2013, 05:07 AM
I'm now using DP2 as my main system and it's working perfectly so far. I have my previous ML installation in another partition, just in case, but working with 10.9 all the time and can't find bugs. ML DP and GM had quite some bugs, not the case here.

petvas
Jun 30, 2013, 05:36 AM
I'm now using DP2 as my main system and it's working perfectly so far. I have my previous ML installation in another partition, just in case, but working with 10.9 all the time and can't find bugs. ML DP and GM had quite some bugs, not the case here.

I guess it depends on usage, applications and hardware being used.

Lolito
Jun 30, 2013, 07:05 AM
I guess it depends on usage, applications and hardware being used.

Of course.

I found that it takes a while to refresh modified app icons... sometimes it's even neccessary to restart system to have these icons updated.

richsadams
Jun 30, 2013, 02:19 PM
I've noticed one oddity with 10.9 and Safari 7.0 on my '08 iMac (3.06GHz, 6GB RAM, 256GB SSD).

With all previous versions of OS X I could drag and drop an image from any Safari webpage to my desktop. Doing this with 10.9 DP1 would often cause Safari to freeze or more often than not, crash. With DP2 it is better, but doing so still causes it to beach ball for about two or three seconds periodically. It no longer causes Safari to crash however and it doesn't always happen, but I had never had this issue prior to 10.9.

No similar issues with Firefox or Chrome.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

joenj07087
Jun 30, 2013, 02:40 PM

is Photo Booth working perfectly for you in DP2?...

richsadams
Jun 30, 2013, 02:43 PM
Noted that on 10.9 the lock is missing from Preferences > Time Machine on both my iMac and MacBook Air.

http://i43.tinypic.com/skyux3.jpg

Also noted that during a backup the TM clock icon in the menu bar is no longer animated...it doesn't do anything.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2j46m87.jpg

Same for everyone?

Msan
Jun 30, 2013, 10:13 PM
Noted that on 10.9 the lock is missing from Preferences > Time Machine on both my iMac and MacBook Air.

Image (http://i43.tinypic.com/skyux3.jpg)

Also noted that during a backup the TM clock icon in the menu bar is no longer animated...it doesn't do anything.

Image (http://i43.tinypic.com/2j46m87.jpg)

Same for everyone?

Yup, same here..

Ddyracer
Jun 30, 2013, 11:48 PM

Image (http://i43.tinypic.com/2j46m87.jpg)

Same for everyone?

I hear that is normal aka Apple changed it on purpose.

Eithanius
Jul 1, 2013, 06:03 AM
Is it me or is the Finder having an amnesiac bug of not remembering the adjusted column width...? :confused:

Lolito
Jul 1, 2013, 06:05 AM
when external screen turns off to safe energy, when it turns on again, resolution is ****ed up...

Nero Wolfe
Jul 1, 2013, 10:00 AM
Is it me or is the Finder having an amnesiac bug of not remembering the adjusted column width...? :confused:

I have his too. It also won't remember my sidebar width - and/or it changes with each window/tab I open. Very odd. Messes with my OCD. :D

sootysooty1
Jul 1, 2013, 01:39 PM
I have been running 10.9 for 2 days now. I have noticed that the dock and desktops freeze when I drag an image from a webpage directly to the downloads stack (this goes for all browsers). I have to shut my laptop and open it after 1-2 minutes to fix this.

Also, I was unable to update to the 10.9 developer preview 2. (any advice?) :confused:

MacBook Air
13-inch, Mid 2012
1.8 GHz Intel Core i5
OS X 10.9 (13A476u)

Mr. Retrofire
Jul 1, 2013, 05:40 PM
Current major bugs in Mavericks?
Yeah,
/mach_kernel
does not contain the line
Mr. Retrofire is god!
!

Great bug!

Lolito
Jul 1, 2013, 06:58 PM
garmin comunicator seems to work in firefox and chrome, i don't use safari or second rate software... ;-)

XBMC didn't work. I just installed a nightly build and seems to work ok.

w0lf
Jul 1, 2013, 07:06 PM
I've noticed that I can make mini finder windows by dragging a tab out of a multi tab finder window.

Only way to get rid of them seems to be to restart Finder.

Eithanius
Jul 3, 2013, 02:28 AM
On Dashboard, some of the active widgets has its cursors blinking simultaneously all the time... Like for example, I have Dictionary, Unit Converter, Stickies, and one of my third party Currency Converter widgets active all the time, and they all have cursors blinking at the same time, so it's hard for me to discern which widget is active for keyboard input.

nyolc8
Jul 3, 2013, 07:29 AM
I've noticed that I can make mini finder windows by dragging a tab out of a multi tab finder window.

Only way to get rid of them seems to be to restart Finder.

I get mini file properties windows sometimes... Or if not, then I get broken/empty list view and frozen desktop. Restarting Finder fixes it (until I want to open a file properties window again) for me too. btw DP1 didn't have this problem.

Eithanius
Jul 4, 2013, 11:52 AM
Not completely sure if this is related to a bug in Mavericks, but I find iTunes 11.0.4 crashes more often than a similar version on Snow Leopard. This is especially when accessing iTunes Store... :confused:

Sound214
Jul 5, 2013, 10:03 AM
My rMBP can't go to sleep. Not even when lid is closed. I need to turn off my computer every time I want to put it in my bag, since it gets extremely hot due to it's insomnia.

When I click "sleep", the screen turns black, but it's not actually sleeping. It wakes up INSTANTLY when I click my Magic Mouse (I have "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" disabled). A real pain in the ass.

EDIT: I've reseted SMC, without success.

Firen
Jul 5, 2013, 10:34 AM
I can't seem to be able to set up Messages. It shows my Apple ID and when I go to details, try to put in my information (even tho it's already showing) and press "ok" it just shows a grey box and nothing else happens.

vindictum
Jul 5, 2013, 02:30 PM
My rMBP can't go to sleep. Not even when lid is closed. I need to turn off my computer every time I want to put it in my bag, since it gets extremely hot due to it's insomnia.

When I click "sleep", the screen turns black, but it's not actually sleeping. It wakes up INSTANTLY when I click my Magic Mouse (I have "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" disabled). A real pain in the ass.

EDIT: I've reseted SMC, without success.

I have the same issue. Every time I take my rMBP out of my backpack, it's hot. I tried SMC reset, doesn't help. I do not think I had that issue on DP1. Now I tried switching off the power nap while on battery. Will report later whether or not it works....

Update: Switching off power nap while on battery does not solve this issue.

rayhigh
Jul 5, 2013, 09:38 PM
There are enough bugs in DP2, but talking about them would break my NDA..

Yawn....

ultraspiracle
Jul 7, 2013, 04:54 AM
Using multiple desktops with a primary external monitor, Grab and move an app window and drag it to the side of the screen until the mouse cursor hits and stops. With lion, and ml, this window would then shift to the next available desktop. No worky in mavrx. I got it to work by accident using mirror displays while trying to troubleshoot a different problem, but couldn't reproduce it reliably. If someone else can reproduce it, it's definitely a bug.

(Later edit) I find that this does NOT occur using a MBP as a standalone platform or when the machine is run in clamshell mode with an external monitor. It seems to be unique to dual monitor setups.

petsounds
Jul 7, 2013, 04:18 PM
On Dashboard, some of the active widgets has its cursors blinking simultaneously all the time... Like for example, I have Dictionary, Unit Converter, Stickies, and one of my third party Currency Converter widgets active all the time, and they all have cursors blinking at the same time, so it's hard for me to discern which widget is active for keyboard input.

This has always been a problem for me. I use the Dictionary widget all the time, but half the time I start to type a word and another widget with key shortcuts (such as APOD) starts freaking out, because unbeknownst to me it has the focus. Dashboard has never really been given the attention it should have; it seems like Apple just lost interest in it, and so we're stuck with all its original flaws.

xgman
Jul 8, 2013, 12:31 PM
Is there anything in Maverick that is more stable than ML? I don't get why this is deemed progress by Apple. I'd settle for no new feature updates and just fix all the little bugs of ML and then call it whatever you want. Something doesn't add up here to me.

Senseotech
Jul 8, 2013, 12:41 PM
Is there anything in Maverick that is more stable than ML? I don't get why this is deemed progress by Apple. I'd settle for no new feature updates and just fix all the little bugs of ML and then call it whatever you want. Something doesn't add up here to me.

ITS A BETA! I cannot believe everyone who goes on and on about how "its not as stable as ML," when the product is a pre-release version.

MikhailT
Jul 8, 2013, 02:04 PM

Almost everybody've noticed the major improvement in battery life, scrolling on rMBPs, responsiveness in several Apple's apps and so on. Safari 7 has much better memory consumption and is much quicker.

All of these are major improvements over ML. The problem is that they're not visual improvements. Once you get used to the increased performance, you'd start to wonder why it is any better than ML. The thing is, the people who went back to ML suddenly realized how bad ML was compared to Mavs.

tryptic
Jul 8, 2013, 07:59 PM
I'm running DP2 but have been having this issue from the get go. PDFs, PNGS, or JPEGS that I have on my mac will suddenly become inaccesible. I can't preview them or open them in any program. When i attempt to I get the attached error message. Has anyone else seen something like this?
http://f.cl.ly/items/3d0t063M1a0L25182p3b/Screen%20Shot%202013-07-08%20at%20%20[Jul%208,%2013]%208.00.07%20PM.PNG

qubex
Jul 9, 2013, 01:01 AM
My main gripe with DP2 was the fact that while in Fullscreen mode the Dock disappears and fails to trigger when one mouses down to the bottom of the screen: it makes standard modes of multitasking almost impossible.

To my dismay I find that the same defect is present in DP3.

I’m trying pucker up some courage and nuke the dock’s .db files and see if that forces it to be recreated in a sensible manner, since it seems to me that most people are not experiencing this problem (destroying the preference files has not helped at all).

That said, to the best of my knowledge, almost everything else is at the very least ‘workable’.

OH, FOUND SOMETHING MADDENING: the colour profile in DP3 keeps changing, giving my screen occasional yellow or blue tinges. Maddening.

andg5thou
Jul 9, 2013, 01:22 AM
My main gripe with DP2 was the fact that while in Fullscreen mode the Dock disappears and fails to trigger when one mouses down to the bottom of the screen: it makes standard modes of multitasking almost impossible.

To my dismay I find that the same defect is present in DP3.

Untrue, you just need to hold the cursor down for a little while longer until the dock triggers. Mine DEFINITELY works (DP3).

8CoreWhore
Jul 9, 2013, 02:21 AM

Everything that is not beta. :D

jb510
Jul 9, 2013, 02:29 AM

I think what you're looking for 10.8.4 which was released a few days ago :/

ErikGrim
Jul 9, 2013, 08:50 AM
Full screen iTunes is completely borked for me. Can't access the menu, can't drag files into Logic with cmd-tab drag, dialogs appear on the first screen instead of on top (i.e. when deleting songs).

w0lf
Jul 9, 2013, 11:30 AM
Full screen iTunes is completely borked for me. Can't access the menu, can't drag files into Logic with cmd-tab drag, dialogs appear on the first screen instead of on top (i.e. when deleting songs).

Have you tried restarting the computer since installing?

Eithanius
Jul 9, 2013, 01:10 PM
Quick Look a JPEG file can trigger discrete graphics. Apparently the culprit was QuickLookUIHelper...

Also tried Quick Look on an .avi file. On integrated graphics, the video stutters every 8 seconds, while on discrete, video stutters are virtually non-existent.

It seems like Mavericks is no match for Snow Leopard in terms of UI performance... :rolleyes:

Senseotech
Jul 9, 2013, 01:19 PM
Quick Look a JPEG file can trigger discrete graphics. Apparently the culprit was QuickLookUIHelper...

Also tried Quick Look on an .avi file. On integrated graphics, the video stutters every 8 seconds, while on discrete, video stutters are virtually non-existent.

It seems like Mavericks is no match for Snow Leopard in terms of UI performance... :rolleyes:

Yup, a pre-release, beta update performs worse than a mature, several year old product. Congrats on making no point whatsoever.

Eithanius
Jul 9, 2013, 01:25 PM
Yup, a pre-release, beta update performs worse than a mature, several year old product. Congrats on making no point whatsoever.

REALLY...? I thought I read everywhere that most of you buggers out there had claimed that Mavericks is far more stable than Mountain Lion...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Julien
Jul 9, 2013, 01:39 PM
Xmarks doesn't sync. When I try and force sync I get the following message saying to use iSync. Never seen before and don't know what iSync is (have no App and don't remember ever seeing).

http://photos.imageevent.com/williamjulien/eastbayshirt/xmarks.png

freedevil
Jul 9, 2013, 03:10 PM
Finder doesn't remember the width of categories such as name and auto shrinks them. Its been happening since DP 1 though.

Tubamajuba
Jul 9, 2013, 04:39 PM
REALLY...? I thought I read everywhere that most of you buggers out there had claimed that Mavericks is far more stable than Mountain Lion...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And everybody has a different configuration. For many people, it is better. For some, it is the same or worse.

For me personally, Mavericks is just as stable as ML was, with the added bonus of better UI performance. Your mileage may vary.

qubex
Jul 10, 2013, 08:15 AM
Untrue, you just need to hold the cursor down for a little while longer until the dock triggers. Mine DEFINITELY works (DP3).
Hmm. It seems to work only sporadically. Though I have to admit I hadn't noticed that lag previously...

BaldyUK
Jul 10, 2013, 02:09 PM
I don't seem to be getting email alerts - banners or alerts. I get the badge icon though.

BaldyUK
Jul 10, 2013, 02:34 PM
In fact, I don't receive emails until I switch to the Mail app's full screen window.

1BadMac
Jul 15, 2013, 07:32 PM
Even after the DP3 graphics update, I'm still getting random reboots. Stack backtrack shows Safari as the culprit in most cases. One of the modules for WebKit or GraphicsCore is typically the last module to load / unload. Was getting this several times a day. Patch helped but did not completely resolve. I've moved to Chrome (ugh...) and less crashes - maybe one per day.

----------

Even after the DP3 graphics update, I'm still getting random reboots. Stack backtrack shows Safari as the culprit in most cases. One of the modules for WebKit or GraphicsCore is typically the last module to load / unload. Was getting this several times a day. Patch helped but did not completely resolve. I've moved to Chrome (ugh...) and less crashes - maybe one per day.

This is on a new 2013 MBA 1.3 i5 / 128 / 8gb.

Jessica Lares
Jul 15, 2013, 07:34 PM
I put a CD to listen to in iTunes this afternoon, and it disappeared from the sidebar until I restarted iTunes. :rolleyes:

Under Mavericks.

jhfenton
Jul 15, 2013, 07:46 PM
I put a CD to listen to in iTunes this afternoon, and it disappeared from the sidebar until I restarted iTunes. :rolleyes:

Under Mavericks.

I imported a lot of my wife's old CDs last weekend. Somewhere north of than 50. At least half a dozen times maybe a dozen, the CD would be recognized, pop up briefly, and then disappear from the sidebar. Ejecting the disc and reinserting it would fix the problem, but it happened enough to call it a repeatable bug. I'm not sure if it is a Mavericks bug or an iTunes bug, but I filed a radar.

Jessica Lares
Jul 15, 2013, 09:07 PM
I imported a lot of my wife's old CDs last weekend. Somewhere north of than 50. At least half a dozen times maybe a dozen, the CD would be recognized, pop up briefly, and then disappear from the sidebar. Ejecting the disc and reinserting it would fix the problem, but it happened enough to call it a repeatable bug. I'm not sure if it is a Mavericks bug or an iTunes bug, but I filed a radar.

Yeah, that was my fix too. It's a peculiar bug. But good to know. I'll make sure to import my CDs under Mountain Lion then and move them over to push to Match.

hacra
Jul 15, 2013, 09:25 PM
Does anyone have mavericks Dp3 and logitech mx 3200?

Mine stop connecting to OSX after DP3.

Just wanted to be sure whether anyone else was having a similar problem.

ptesone
Jul 17, 2013, 12:35 PM
running it on a Mid 2011 MPB (and iMac also Mid 2011) than runs Mavericks real well *BUT* I ran into a bug when doing quick preview on say, a folder full of pics/videos- when selecting all and viewing each file (using up and down arrow)
it starts to hang on the video files and bog the system down. . .

and on my iMac (not MBP) my iMovie faces and skin all look purple. . .

those are the only two issues I've seen w/Mavericks Developer Release #3 OS X 10.9 (13A510d) so far

The MacBook Pro battery lasts just as long as it did as Snow Leopard/Lion/ML
real happy w/the performance- can't wait for final release! :D

(also posted in other bug posts)

richsadams
Jul 17, 2013, 01:20 PM
running it on a Mid 2011 MPB (and iMac also Mid 2011) than runs Mavericks real well *BUT* I ran into a bug when doing quick preview on say, a folder full of pics/videos- when selecting all and viewing each file (using up and down arrow)
it starts to hang on the video files and bog the system down. . .

and on my iMac (not MBP) my iMovie faces and skin all look purple. . .

those are the only two issues I've seen w/Mavericks Developer Release #3 OS X 10.9 (13A510d) so far

The MacBook Pro battery lasts just as long as it did as Snow Leopard/Lion/ML
real happy w/the performance- can't wait for final release! :D

(also posted in other bug posts)Noted similar issues on graphics and video with Mac apps including iMovie, iPhoto, even Safari as well as third-party like Photoshop and Camtasia 2. Either they don't play nice or in Camtasia's case not at all. Seems Mavericks has changed the image game to some extent.

The issues were much worse in DP1 (causing some crashes, etc.) but improved with DP2 and are even better with DP3 so it's apparent that they're working on it.

Still running Mavericks on my MacBook Air where it does very well (if I avoid graphic/image editing), but went back to Mountain Lion on my iMac to continue my normal work until things get sorted out.

LorenzMeir
Jul 21, 2013, 12:10 PM
God darn it I can't hold it any more! :) Sorry for this annoying question,
after DP3, is it still not a good idea to put this on my mac? (daily use)
I don't do image or graphic editing

w0lf
Jul 21, 2013, 01:59 PM
God darn it I can't hold it any more! :) Sorry for this annoying question,
after DP3, is it still not a good idea to put this on my mac? (daily use)
I don't do image or graphic editing

As long as you don't see any apps that you need to use listed as not working on 10.9 somewhere you should probably be fine. I've been using Mavericks since the first day for daily use, no major problems so far. You might notice a few bugs here and there but if you can deal with that it should be fine.

alexk403
Jul 21, 2013, 04:50 PM
Im sure this has been said before, but still cannot get iCloud Keychain to work properly on mac (DP3 of course). I continue to get the blank window when enabling it. Even though it says to force quit it and try again I have never gotten it on. Anyone else have this problem and/or know a fix?

nutmac
Jul 22, 2013, 04:19 PM
DP4 still won't accept/trust self signed certificate for me. Messages attempting to connect to my corporate Jabber server generates ""An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made." error. Clicking on "Always trust..." option to accept the certificate only prompts more error.

hacra
Jul 23, 2013, 04:44 AM
DP4 still won't accept/trust self signed certificate for me. Messages attempting to connect to my corporate Jabber server generates ""An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made." error. Clicking on "Always trust..." option to accept the certificate only prompts more error.

Have the same problem. Hope they solve it really soon.

Any hints how to overcome this?

nutmac
Jul 23, 2013, 12:28 PM
Have the same problem. Hope they solve it really soon.

Any hints how to overcome this?

I've tried deleting certificate from keychain and tried Adium. Neither solutions worked for me. So I am running Messages within 10.7 VM which is far from ideal.

andijames
Jul 23, 2013, 02:02 PM
PHP seems to be borked in this version :/

They've updated it to 5.4.17 but the PHP API is reporting an old version when you try to compile an extension to be included with the build. Major pain in the ass as i'm trying to compile mcrypt for this version to no avail!

juanmanas
Jul 23, 2013, 11:15 PM

If you don't understand what a Beta is, I don't know what you are doing here...

m3rih
Jul 25, 2013, 04:40 AM
I cannot add e mail account to Mail on Dp4. Is this same for you?

unobtainium
Jul 30, 2013, 10:21 AM
DP4 still won't ask for a password when resuming from sleep or a screensaver. Is this working for anyone else?

hacra
Jul 31, 2013, 03:32 AM
DP4 still won't ask for a password when resuming from sleep or a screensaver. Is this working for anyone else?

works for me...

lesliewj
Jul 31, 2013, 08:53 AM

No. Mine is working well.

golosin2
Jul 31, 2013, 09:45 AM

Not working for me :( My colleagues at work changed my wallpaper to a big fat hairy ass :mad:

chrispix
Jul 31, 2013, 11:02 AM

Yep, I have this same problem, still there in DP4.

ehych
Jul 31, 2013, 01:50 PM
I cannot add e mail account to Mail on Dp4. Is this same for you?

Same here, when adding a mail account with SSL smtp it crashes, if there's no SSL the wizard shows no error at all, but the new account isn't visible.

Doolbr
Aug 3, 2013, 03:10 AM
Technically, not a bug, but very annoying that I personally perceive it as a bug:
When moving windows between monitors: for some reason the folks at Apple thought it would be a great idea to only show the window on one monitor, when it should span over both screens.

Also, if you haven't set the monitor arrangement correctly, like moving the smaller resolution monitor to match the top of the monitor of the higher resolution (like this (http://cl.ly/QcTD)), moving windows from the higher resolution monitor to the lower resolution monitor will not work if you're dragging with your mouse cursor "above" the other monitor. Apple should just recalculate the offset and move the mouse cursor with the window down until the top of the smaller resolution screen.
This might not be a big deal, but it clearly gives a big problem when comparing with retina screens because the difference in resolutions is very big.
As already said, it can be solved to arrange the monitors like the example given, but it would just be better if I don't have to do this extra step.

Julien
Aug 3, 2013, 05:58 AM
Technically, not a bug, but very annoying that I personally perceive it as a bug:
When moving windows between monitors: for some reason the folks at Apple thought it would be a great idea to only show the window on one monitor, when it should span over both screens....

When moving I can see on both (see pic). The one I'm moving to does have a see through look to indicate which monitor the program is still attached to.
http://photos.imageevent.com/williamjulien/eastbayshirt/large/Screen%20Shot%202013-08-03%20at%206.59.35%20AM.jpg

Doolbr
Aug 3, 2013, 08:21 AM
When moving I can see on both (see pic). The one I'm moving to does have a see through look to indicate which monitor the program is still attached to.
Image (http://photos.imageevent.com/williamjulien/eastbayshirt/large/Screen%20Shot%202013-08-03%20at%206.59.35%20AM.jpg)
And when you drop it, it disappears from one of the monitors, that's not what I want. It should span over both monitors, not be attached to one monitor, at least if they're trying to fix/add multimonitor support.

chrono1081
Aug 3, 2013, 09:38 AM
I've tried deleting certificate from keychain and tried Adium. Neither solutions worked for me. So I am running Messages within 10.7 VM which is far from ideal.

Woa you can run 10.7 in a VM?!

(Any chance you can run 10.6 in a VM? I keep it around for only ONE program).

Julien
Aug 3, 2013, 10:52 AM
And when you drop it, it disappears from one of the monitors, that's not what I want. It should span over both monitors, not be attached to one monitor, at least if they're trying to fix/add multimonitor support.

Now I understand what you want. I think one problem in OS X is the Menubar is at the top instead of on the Window like Windows. The Menubar must be attached to one monitor so the running program must be attached to one monitor. In my example as I pass the way point the Menubar (as well as the program) moves to the other monitor.

Not saying it can't be or shouldn't be done the way you want. Just offering a little plausible reason it may not be done.

nutmac
Aug 4, 2013, 01:10 AM
Woa you can run 10.7 in a VM?!

(Any chance you can run 10.6 in a VM? I keep it around for only ONE program).
Both Parallel Desktop 8 and VMWare Fusion 5 support OS X 10.5 to 10.8 as guest OS. Having said that, I am not sure if it lets you use OS X version that came out prior to your Mac (i.e., latest MacBook Air may not be able to run 10.5 to 10.7).

illusionmist
Aug 4, 2013, 06:22 AM
I found that when you go from a fullscreen app into Mission Control, the desktop zooms and you can also get a glimpse of desktop icons fading out (like when you enter MC when not in fullscreen app). Feels glitchy to me.

IIRC in earlier versions the fullscreen app just shrinks to a thumbnail and the Mission Control is shown without the desktop animating? Anybody experiencing this?

scrmtrey
Aug 4, 2013, 07:35 AM
Anyone experienced problem with mail app.

I have 2 gmail accounts, one is working good, the other one, when i open mail, it shows no subject, no sender and is empty (no content).

Even if i re-added it , still the same problem. If you got the fix for this , please let me know.

Scottland
Aug 4, 2013, 09:14 AM
With DP4, has anyone noticed it forget some settings? i.e It keeps reverting my desktop background and mouse scroll direction every time I boot/restart.

bedifferent
Aug 4, 2013, 10:44 AM
Surprisingly it's running very well on my MacPro5,1, 2012 MacBook Air and Mac Mini, and 2011 iMac. None of the systems have had major issues. The only bugs I've experienced have related to graphics. For example, sometimes a white line (maybe an inch thick) appears just above the dock on my main display, but not on the other two. It's only happened 2-3 times.

I hate to suggest this, but many have found a clean install corrects bugs. This is why I don't like the development changes made with 10.7+. Previously, developers were required to download the full beta and burn it to a DVD (or USB drive), then perform a clean install. Beta's were often biweekly for 1 - 2 years. Performing clean installations allowed for more precise debugging as everyone should be using the exact system which would be less prone to third party plugins and app's. Laying out DP's on top of previous install's seems illogical.

This bothered me a great deal (imagine three displays with it), however it was confirmed by Apple engineers to be correct. Notice the display with the most occupied screen real estate will display the dragged window while the other shows a faint outline and changes as it moves? I posted about this a while back, but someone made a good point about it being related to "Spaces" or "Expos", I forget what they mentioned but it made perfect sense. I'll have to dig around for that thread.

mbze430
Aug 7, 2013, 12:41 PM
I am on DP4.

But I am having a big issue with kernel[0]: Wake reason: EC.DarkPME (User). This keeps happening with the lid closed... I wake up every morning and my Mid-2012 13" Macbook Pro VERY warm.

I haven't been able to isolate why it keeps waking up ever 5-10mins.

Some advices?

infoseeker
Aug 15, 2013, 07:55 AM
Hi Developers. I am really desperate to know, how well Logic 9.1.8 or Logic Pro X runs on Mavericks?

I own a mid 2010 8-core mac pro (10gig ram) and I have had an awful experience with both these programs (Logic pro 9 and Logic pro x) on Mountain Lion.

The main issue is visual lag inside the programs. With LP9 it was it's own stock plug-ins that had hugh visual delay when running a few in a chain (Multimeter, meter etc.) on a channel (something which didn't happen when you ran LP9 in snow leopard) and the other was visual start stop lag/delay when playing a song in LPX. Also had visual lag with 3rd party plug (Melodyne).

The main thing I hope to find out from anyone who cares to investigate is, does LPX or LP9 run any snappier on mavericks? Is it's response time faster than it was in my experience with ML? I had amazing response on SL and LP9 and really hope apple has done something about this for the Logic pro crowd.
Thanks so much.

bushido
Aug 18, 2013, 09:27 AM
icons in the dock and finder randomly disappear on me

http://i40.tinypic.com/ra6id0.png http://i39.tinypic.com/2r750ys.png

inodes
Aug 23, 2013, 12:44 AM
Have an annoying bug that Apple denies as being a bug.
Bug involves Safari + YouTube (FullScreen mode).

Basically:

1. Run Safari in Mavericks
2. Open YouTube
3. Run any video using the YouTube Full Screen mode

The symptoms varying depending on whether it's
a) Single screen setup
b) Multiple screen setup

I've logged both separately. The latter "multiple screen" has been closed by Apple stating:

23-Aug-2013 08:04 AM Apple Developer Bug Reporting Team :
Engineering has determined that this is not to be fixed.

What the......

Can someone else with a multiple screen confirm this bug?

Summary:
Using iMac with Cinema Display and 10.9 (13A538g). And now latest update
Primary display is iMac on left (which also shows Dock), and secondary Cinema Display is on right (which does not have a Dock).
Safari is moved to secondary display and a YouTube video is displayed using YouTube's "Full Screen" mode.
It correctly fills the secondary screen, but subsequently causes the Dock on the primary screen to auto hide.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use iMac with Cinema Display
2. Ensure Dock is on bottom with no auto hide.
3. Ensure Dock is on Primary Display (iMac) and Dock is not on Secondary Display (Cinema Display)
4. Open Safari Version 7.0 (9537.54.1)
5. Drag Safari onto second display
6. Open www.youtube.com and select any video
7. Press on the bottom right "Full Screen" button which shows the video full screen - this should fill the entire secondary display
8. Immediately as 7. is performed, the Dock on the primary display auto hides

Expected Results:

Follow steps 1 to 7 above
8. The dock should not auto hide when something on the secondary display becomes full screen

My response to the "not to be fixed" was this:

The main reason for logging this was because of inconsistent and unexpected UI behaviour.

This is even more important given two main points:

1. Mavericks differs from Mountain Lion with multiple screen behaviour
2. Mavericks main differential selling point is an improvement to multiple screen behaviour

I point firstly to Apple advertising on Mavericks:
http://www.apple.com/au/osx/preview/?cid=wwa-au-kwg-mac

And one of the key points is "Multiple Displays" - hence why I have made an effort to log this case.

Apple advertising states:
"OS X Mavericks takes full advantage of every display connected to your Mac, giving you even more flexibility to work the way you want. There’s no longer a primary or secondary display — now each has its own menu bar, and the Dock is available on whichever screen you’re working on."

With this advertising the key point is:
1. Primary and secondary are independent for "flexibility" - unlike Mountain Lion

Independent means - that an operation on the secondary should not adversely impact the primary (and visa versa)

I have logged this bug mainly because:

1. This is Mavericks
2. This is a multple display bug
3. This bug breaks the independence noted in advertising
4. Mavericks comes with an updated version of Safari
5. Safari breaks independence with the most used webpage (YouTube) and the most used viewing method (FullScreen)
6. This bug will impact majority of user
7. This bug is always reproducible

And worst of all:

8. Firefox - the competitor browser does NOT break the screen independence

Effectively Apple's own browser is break Apple's advertised functionality

----------

In additional to the multiple screens - using only one screen produces an even worse bug:

Summary:
Using iMac and 10.9 (13A538g) and multiple desktops.
Safari opened at a YouTube video then displayed full screen with YouTube's "Full Screen" mode.
It correctly fills the screen.
Magic Trackpad 3 finger swipe gesture used to change to another desktop.
Dock quickly snaps back on desktop containing YouTube and subsequently cancels the 3 finger swipe gesture

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use iMac Magic Trackpad (to access gestures)
2. Ensure Dock is on bottom with no auto hide and that at least 2 desktops exist
3. Open Safari Version 7.0 (9537.54.1)
4. Open www.youtube.com and select any video
5. Press on the bottom right "Full Screen" button which shows the video full screen - this fills the entire display and Dock auto hides
6. Swipe on Magic Trackpad with 3 fingers in left motion (which effectively accesses additional desktop)
7. Immediately as 6 is performed, the original desktop snaps back quickly and the dock un-hides, the full screen YouTube is cancelled.

Expected Results:
Follow steps 1 to 6 above.
7. Additional desktop should show and dock should unhide

This occurs in all browsers - Safari and Firefox - so is probably more of a Mavericks UI bug rather than a Safari bug.

ErikGrim
Aug 23, 2013, 05:46 AM
iTunes being unable to shuffle is driving me up the wall.

kftrainer
Aug 23, 2013, 07:57 AM
Have you tried the VOX music player for the Mac , It seems to be a great alternative for iTunes until Apple fixes the bugs in the app.

JohnDoe98
Aug 23, 2013, 08:58 AM
Have an annoying bug that Apple denies as being a bug.
Bug involves Safari + YouTube (FullScreen mode).

Quick question, have you tried playing a video on another site (preferably one that uses the default quicktime player in Safari and not a custom one)? Do the same bugs exist on those other sites/players?

You only mention the YouTube player and its FullScreen mode. The reason I ask my question is because even though Firefox may work as you desire it to, if Safari and other sites work properly without displaying those bugs that you mention then it sounds to me like the problem is with the way YouTube handles video and not Safari itself. The fact that Firefox works properly is irrelevant since it might well be ignoring some of the code in YouTube's player (and just because Firefox ignores it doesn't mean Safari should since Apple's position might be it's up to YouTube to regulate what affects it wants to have on your system). If the problem is YouTube exclusive, I don't think it's reasonable to expect Apple to code Safari in such a way to fix issues that YouTube is causing, because then each time a major website causes a conflict or makes a change to their code, Apple now has to play a cat and mouse game to fix their (the other site's) bugs.

Now, granted, Apple could have been more helpful I suppose in telling you why it won't be fixed, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to find out what is the real source of the problem. Is it a problem with Safari (in which case it would happen on all sites and not merely YouTube), or is it third-party apps/extensions/plugins that are causing the issues (in which case hopefully those sites/extensions/etc. will fix their issues by the official launch of Mavericks)?

w0lf
Aug 23, 2013, 11:46 AM

All you have to do is uncheck shuffle and re-check it to get iTunes beta to shuffle.

ErikGrim
Aug 23, 2013, 08:13 PM
All you have to do is uncheck shuffle and re-check it to get iTunes beta to shuffle.Tried. Doesn't help. Using djay to shuffle instead.

20mchop
Oct 11, 2013, 06:14 AM
When i delete something in OSX mavericks i do not get my space back, finder shows the same number in gigs for my space left on my drive. Deleted an 11 gig file, had 3.3gigs left and it didn't update giving me my 11 gigs back? Checked it with disk utility, repaired permissions, restarted the mac, booted up into recovery partition and still nothing. Can anyone confirm that it is a problem on their system as well?

jhfenton
Oct 11, 2013, 08:52 AM
Can anyone confirm that it is a problem on their system as well?
I haven't checked every single time I've emptied the trash, but generally speaking, no it is not a problem. I cleaned up some folders this week, and checked several times to confirm how much space I was freeing up. It all seemed right.

N19h7m4r3
Oct 11, 2013, 09:12 AM
Figured I'd post this here, as I consider it a pretty major bug.

Well I like Mavericks, but found something that's super annoying and I hope Apple fixes. FCP X doesn't work well with it at all! It's ProTranscoder Tool keeps dying, or get's stuck at Not Responding. I took this picture yesterday, and after transcoding, processing, and sharing it only took me a total of 5.5 Hours!

For a simple 20 minute video, where all I did was add in sound effects, background music, and some light effects.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/N19h7m4r3/Tech%20-%20Geekiness/FCPXerror_zpsb91ac629.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/N19h7m4r3/media/Tech%20-%20Geekiness/FCPXerror_zpsb91ac629.png.html)

My GPU renderer keeps reporting as Not Responding as well, and it seems to die during work.

I suspect it's Mavericks new CPU processing Idling feature, where it sees the tools, and programs as idling because I leave it to work. So it idles the processes, and can't kick in vital tools and processes afterwards.

Only fix I found was to sit and wait out a process to finish and save, then quit, and relaunch FCPX, then do the next part, and repeat until I get it all done.

bwat47
Oct 11, 2013, 09:59 AM
Figured I'd post this here, as I consider it a pretty major bug.

Well I like Mavericks, but found something that's super annoying and I hope Apple fixes. FCP X doesn't work well with it at all! It's ProTranscoder Tool keeps dying, or get's stuck at Not Responding. I took this picture yesterday, and after transcoding, processing, and sharing it only took me a total of 5.5 Hours!

For a simple 20 minute video, where all I did was add in sound effects, background music, and some light effects.

Image (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/N19h7m4r3/media/Tech%20-%20Geekiness/FCPXerror_zpsb91ac629.png.html)

My GPU renderer keeps reporting as Not Responding as well, and it seems to die during work.

I suspect it's Mavericks new CPU processing Idling feature, where it sees the tools, and programs as idling because I leave it to work. So it idles the processes, and can't kick in vital tools and processes afterwards.

Only fix I found was to sit and wait out a process to finish and save, then quit, and relaunch FCPX, then do the next part, and repeat until I get it all done.

If it is the app nap feature causing it, then the program author could update the program to not use app nap. AFAIK they designed the app nap API with a way to have programs exclude themselves from it for cases like this.

N19h7m4r3
Oct 11, 2013, 10:16 AM
If it is the app nap feature causing it, then the program author could update the program to not use app nap. AFAIK they designed the app nap API with a way to have programs exclude themselves from it for cases like this.

Well Apple did announce a new version of FCP X for with the new Mac Pro, I hope the new version is all they're making it out to be.

It's rather annoying that Apple's own software is having problems with their App Nap API. It's drastically slowed down any work.

ehych
Oct 12, 2013, 12:49 PM
When i delete something in OSX mavericks i do not get my space back, finder shows the same number in gigs for my space left on my drive. Deleted an 11 gig file, had 3.3gigs left and it didn't update giving me my 11 gigs back? Checked it with disk utility, repaired permissions, restarted the mac, booted up into recovery partition and still nothing. Can anyone confirm that it is a problem on their system as well?

My system has a delay of somewhere between 5-10secs to show the actual disk space after I delete something, it isn't instant as with mountain lion.

Funkmasta
Oct 12, 2013, 06:02 PM
I am running Mavericks on an '08 Macbook Pro and its screaming.

I do primarily video work, and my fully updated Final Cut Pro X is running great, not sure what the problem is with your setup?

fredou
Oct 12, 2013, 07:52 PM
Anybody else noticed the high temp under load with an iMac 2011? I reach 82C easily after 5 minute under load and I see that the fan speed for the CPU never increase. It stay at 940rpm, even at 80C. Good thing that I can increase it manually. Never had such high temp before.

Fimeg
Oct 12, 2013, 10:18 PM
I notice on several websites safari kinda locks up. I can't click on a text field, a hyperlink or highlight text. I say "kinda" because I can still scroll, and other tabs work just fine. In fact, If I copy the url into another tab it will work.

Biblegateway.com & accordancebible.com and varied other sites.

amors
Oct 13, 2013, 04:17 AM
Bug in Activity Monitor.

jonasdamn
Oct 13, 2013, 04:28 AM
I notice on several websites safari kinda locks up. I can't click on a text field, a hyperlink or highlight text. I say "kinda" because I can still scroll, and other tabs work just fine. In fact, If I copy the url into another tab it will work.

Biblegateway.com & accordancebible.com and varied other sites.

same issue on Mountain lion 10.8.5 For example i cant open some news on www.macworld.com need to point cursor on text and open in new tab

jhfenton
Oct 13, 2013, 07:44 AM
Bug in Activity Monitor.

Hmm. Haven't seen that. Is it consistent and reproducible?

Scottland
Oct 13, 2013, 09:12 AM
Running GM, I still have a way from sleep issue (displays don't get turned on). It wakes fine if the displays are turned off when waking the machine up, but if they're on standby no display signal is sent. I've had variations of this issue since DP4 - do you think resetting the NVRAM will help?

I also have an issue of it not remembering certain display settings, such as the wallpaper background or which display is primary - which could be related to the other issue?

amors
Oct 13, 2013, 09:51 AM
Hmm. Haven't seen that. Is it consistent and reproducible?
I've seen it twice, after a reboot is not observed. I can't repeat this.

Lolito
Oct 14, 2013, 06:00 PM
in my mbp, with a 1080p external monitor, if you enable automatic shut down of displays after a certain minutes of inactivity, when you touch a key and displays turn on again, the external monitor has a different resolution, with large black colums left and right... this bug is still here since dp1. I wouldn't call this an improvement in managing external monitors, not at all...

funkysmurf
Oct 14, 2013, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure if the issue I'm experiencing is a bug, but it certainly seems like it.

When clicking on raw files in Finder that have not been viewed before, the whole thing slows down to a crawl. This only seems to happen in Cover Flow view.

Even if I use the keyboard to scroll through them, it will stop and beach ball.
The system will then recover a few seconds later and show the image preview where the scrolling happens to have ended.

Even if you try to select a specific file with a mouse, the selection doesn't happen in that the selected file doesn't get highlighted in blue (or whatever colour you happen to have selected as highlight colour).
It does not happen with jpg files, and raw files that have been opened before.

This is on a 2013 rMBP that has never had this problem with ML.

autoy
Oct 14, 2013, 07:53 PM
GM on 2009 iMac here, I have to restart my magic trackpad several times a day as the cursor freezes. I don't know if it's common or if it happens with the magic mouse but it's very annoying.

waslallah
Oct 14, 2013, 08:02 PM
GM on 2009 iMac here, I have to restart my magic trackpad several times a day as the cursor freezes. I don't know if it's common or if it happens with the magic mouse but it's very annoying.

+1 on 2011 mac mini.

ima747
Oct 16, 2013, 05:41 PM
Runs fine on MBPR 15", updated from beta 1 through GM

Mostly fine on Mac Pro except mail won't launch, just starts a background service then both of them race to eat all my ram until they lunch the system and I have to force them to quit from activity monitor. Updated from Mountain Lion to Mavericks GM. I suspect it's an issue with mail trying to update my old data. Had a problem with an iCloud background service eating ram too but I cleared all my internet accounts from settings then re-added and it eventually sorted itself out.

KRivers
Oct 16, 2013, 05:49 PM
My 2012 iMac doesn't seem to sleep anymore since dp7 or 8, when you try and put it to sleep the screen goes black but the comp doesn't actually go into sleep mode.

Mr. Retrofire
Oct 16, 2013, 08:43 PM
My 2012 iMac doesn't seem to sleep anymore since dp7 or 8, when you try and put it to sleep the screen goes black but the comp doesn't actually go into sleep mode.
Reset the SMC and the NVRAM!

slntnsnty
Oct 17, 2013, 07:44 AM
Attempting to switch to Digital Audio in iTunes freezes the video until I switch back to the normal track. (it will not play movie at all with digital audio selected) I copied the same video to my 10.8 machine and played in the same version of iTunes using the same thunderbolt -> hdmi cable and digital audio passes through as it should.

RobT
Oct 17, 2013, 12:16 PM
I am running Mavericks on an '08 Macbook Pro and its screaming.

My experience as well. Safari scrolling is fast, overall performance on my older MacBook Pro (Late 2008) is great!

Northgrove
Oct 17, 2013, 12:23 PM
I'm experiencing the occasional complete freezes since upgrading to Mavericks. It seems to happen while using Safari, and the trackpad and keyboard completely stops responding, except for forcing power down by holding down the power key. :(

Not sure what to make of that. OS X Mountain Lion was always rock solid. This is on the first Retina MacBook Pro model.

I'm trying to look into the logs but I'm not very used to it. I'm not sure it's even logging a crash to begin with, since I get no kernel panic, reboots, or shutdowns of any apps. It just completely freezes. When booting after a force shutdown, OS X just thinks I did an "improper shutdown"...

KRivers
Oct 17, 2013, 07:50 PM
Reset the SMC and the NVRAM!

I don't see why I should need to considering when I boot into snow leopard on the internal hd it went to sleep first try and 3 times afterwards also.
And up to dp8 it was working in mavericks. I might try booting in safe mode perhaps

vanc
Oct 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
I'm experiencing the occasional complete freezes since upgrading to Mavericks. It seems to happen while using Safari, and the trackpad and keyboard completely stops responding, except for forcing power down by holding down the power key. :(

Not sure what to make of that. OS X Mountain Lion was always rock solid. This is on the first Retina MacBook Pro model.

I'm trying to look into the logs but I'm not very used to it. I'm not sure it's even logging a crash to begin with, since I get no kernel panic, reboots, or shutdowns of any apps. It just completely freezes. When booting after a force shutdown, OS X just thinks I did an "improper shutdown"...

That's exactly what I experienced on my Mac Mini. No crash log. Upon reboot, there was a message box saying like "forcefully shutdown", or similar.

Even strange was that I left the Mac in the freeze state for some time, it rebooted by itself, and still saying "forceful shutdown". WTF!

melman101
Oct 17, 2013, 08:10 PM

My Magic Mouse works fine, no problem in mavericks. 13" rmbp.

Menge
Oct 17, 2013, 08:11 PM
Well this certainly makes me want to hold out until 10.9.1: http://furbo.org/2013/10/17/code-signing-and-mavericks/

For the non-code minded: It's a situation where certain kinds of 3rd-party apps will fail to launch when either installed from the App Store or downloaded when Gatekeeper is set to "Mac App Store and identified developers".

iLog.Genius
Oct 17, 2013, 08:16 PM
There are quite a bit, most of them minor but the biggest ones I'm experiencing is the 5-10 second delay of removing files off the desktop. The other is sleep. It takes forever in Mavericks, 30 seconds to a minute. Already tried the basic troubleshooting (repair permissions for the delay of files off the desktop and SMC/PRAM for sleep issues).

Parystec
Oct 23, 2013, 02:34 AM
Hi all,

Installed Mavericks last night and this morning went to update my software and the software update panel has frozen mid way through some updates. Still downloading though...:confused:

ShapeShyfter
Oct 23, 2013, 02:40 AM
Late '08 unibody MB, maxed out on RAM

Wifi refuses to turn on after upgrade. Any hope?

skyehigh
Oct 23, 2013, 02:51 AM
Can someone tell me how to turn this off please , when i click on safari i like my google homepage to come up not Top Sites.

zen
Oct 23, 2013, 03:12 AM
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but Finder is behaving oddly with regard to tags.

I tagged a group of 12 photos with a custom tag, and assigned the colour purple to that tag. The new tag is displayed in the Finder tag column at the top.

When I click on that tag, it shows me the 12 photos. If I try and rename the files in this Finder window, nothing happens - the original file name is displayed. However, if I go out of the tag display and find the original files, the name has been changed and displays correctly.

Click back into Finder to display the tag - filename is unchanged.

Also, in the tag display window, I have set the columns to display the tag, so I get the new one listed as "Test Photo Tag" (correct).

However, everywhere else in the Finder, if I have the tag column displayed, it says "Purple", which is obviously not the name of the new tag, but the colour I assigned to it.

Anyway else seeing this kind of weirdness?

myshkin
Oct 23, 2013, 03:20 AM
Go into preferences and general. You can make these types of changes there

Can someone tell me how to turn this off please , when i click on safari i like my google homepage to come up not Top Sites.

skyehigh
Oct 23, 2013, 03:25 AM
Go into preferences and general. You can make these types of changes there

Thanks myshkin.

anarti
Oct 23, 2013, 03:30 AM
it's not a bug a it's very annoying - is it possible to change the 2D white dock background? It is hard to look at it, and to distinguish icons on that new dock.... very annoying.

Km133
Oct 23, 2013, 03:57 AM
I'm loving the improvements to external displays, however there still seems to be some bugs with the dock?

Perhaps these are known issues, but...

Is it the case that I should be able to see the dock on both monitors? This was working at one point last night, however this morning (on a different external monitor), it only appears on one at a time (i.e. it disappears from my mbp screen when it appears on the external monitor).

It is also taking between 3-4 seconds for the dock to appear when I move the mouse to the bottom of the screen...

pekapa
Oct 23, 2013, 04:14 PM
When the screen lock if I have a full screen video open (tested with chrome) it will either restart my mac (Retina RBP 15'', mid 2012) or bring the screen with flashing white/blue stripes (as shown in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17rJtUuBF7w

Anyone else has something similar?

Yahooligan
Oct 23, 2013, 05:25 PM
The only recurring problem I've experienced so far is a temporary system pause/freeze that seems to only happen when listening to iTunes, specifically Radio or Internet. The number of hangs, frequency and duration vary but are usually over in 1-2 seconds tops.

Interestingly, it seems to only freeze on one display? I have iTunes running on my cMBP display while I have other apps running on the ATD and don't recall having any freezing apps on the ATD, but I had the entire laptop display freeze up when the music stopped playing (freeze) for a couple of seconds.

I can have iTunes open but not playing music and there are no issues. Strange...

Oldskoolstu
Oct 23, 2013, 05:33 PM
I don't know whether it has already been discussed but I cannot get finder tabs to stay! Evertime I create a window in the finder with multiple tabs and close it and reopen it the tabs aren't there anymore!?!

pekapa
Oct 23, 2013, 05:38 PM
I don't know whether it has already been discussed but I cannot get finder tabs to stay! Evertime I create a window in the finder with multiple tabs and close it and reopen it the tabs aren't there anymore!?!

Works for me.
If I open multiple tabs and close by clicking on the red button I do get the same tabs opened. (The only problem is that I'm used with closing with cmd+w, so now I only close one tab instead of the window)

Oldskoolstu
Oct 23, 2013, 05:46 PM
Works for me.
If I open multiple tabs and close by clicking on the red button I do get the same tabs opened. (The only problem is that I'm used with closing with cmd+w, so now I only close one tab instead of the window)

I've created a new folder in the finder and then added tabs each directing to certain folders, i.e. Downloads, Documents. Applications, Etc for arguments sake, but when I close that new folder window and reopen it all of the tabs aren't there and I just have the original new folder finder window. Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?

Imory
Oct 23, 2013, 05:53 PM
Is the new version of Garageband suppose to co-exist with the old version? I thought new version (10.0) would replace the old one? Anyway, I got two versions of Garageband on my Air.

Robster3
Oct 23, 2013, 07:23 PM
There are quite a bit, most of them minor but the biggest ones I'm experiencing is the 5-10 second delay of removing files off the desktop. The other is sleep. It takes forever in Mavericks, 30 seconds to a minute. Already tried the basic troubleshooting (repair permissions for the delay of files off the desktop and SMC/PRAM for sleep issues).

It fixed my sleep problem on my 15" MBPr, it used to take up to a minute now instant.

I have a greyed out wifi with a black exclamation mark in it, wifi works though?

Oldskoolstu
Oct 23, 2013, 07:38 PM
/Library window won't load/draw itself. Have constant circular loading animation in bottom right hand corner of window. Have tried a Finder reload but that hasn't solved the problem.

ErikGrim
Oct 23, 2013, 07:42 PM
Can someone tell me how to turn this off please , when i click on safari i like my google homepage to come up not Top Sites.Why would you want the Google homepage when you can initiate a search straight from the bar? :confused:

InfinitiG
Oct 23, 2013, 07:58 PM
can someone try going on this site using safari 7.0

http://ferragamo.com

it completely glitches out for me

works completely fine in firefox

slrandall
Oct 23, 2013, 09:31 PM

Works fine for me.

east85
Oct 23, 2013, 09:45 PM

This made my computer unresponsive (in Safari), had to reboot. So weird.

I just noticed we have the same MacBook as well.

astrobill
Oct 23, 2013, 10:18 PM
...guys, a ton of people are already blogging about how the new version of Mail in OS 10.9 Mavericks totally broke how it works with Gmail...major issues! Just google it...it's also all over the Apple Support Communities.

I'm sticking with Snow Leopard until they fix this.

powers74
Oct 23, 2013, 10:20 PM

Yeah, like CS5? Thank God I just finished a project or I'd be boned. I gotta figure out how to get them working now. Guess I should have considered that, but it wasn't an issue going from Lion to MountainLion. Other than that Everything seems pretty great. Maps is way awesome.

----------

Is the new version of Garageband suppose to co-exist with the old version? I thought new version (10.0) would replace the old one? Anyway, I got two versions of Garageband on my Air.

Had that happen with Pages. I just deleted the old one. Hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

InfinitiG
Oct 23, 2013, 11:11 PM
This made my computer unresponsive (in Safari), had to reboot. So weird.

I just noticed we have the same MacBook as well.

thats funny, probably has to do with our older 9400m

zen
Oct 24, 2013, 12:56 AM

I had that with all the iWork apps - and the Mac App Store kept saying I had three updates available, when I didn't. In the end I used App Zapper to delete the old apps.

sh2106
Oct 24, 2013, 03:38 AM
My safari is slow at loading page sometimes, I think...

nebo1ss
Oct 24, 2013, 03:50 AM
I installed Mavericks on two computers on my Macbook Pro I am seeing a process called Com.Apple.MediaLibraryService running at 90 percent CPU usage. This process is owned by Itunes and runs everytime I open Itunes.

I do not use Itunes Match and have the latest version of Itunes. Anyone any ideas on how to deal with this. Obviously the process stops if I close Itunes.

Dreadnought
Oct 24, 2013, 04:14 AM
I have 3 partitions, main with 10.8 (now updated to 10.9), Bootcamp with W7 and 10.6 for playing older games. My 2010 iMac came with 10.6. It all worked under 10.8, but after installing Maverick I can't boot into 10.6 (holding down ALT with startup) and when trying to boot into W7 I get a black screen that Windows needs it install DVD and need to perform a clean install, it can't fix it.

Furthermore, Windows can only be selected in system preferences, selecting startup disk, not when restarting holding the ALT button.
10.6 can only sometimes be selected at startup with ALT, it doesn't show in the startup disk. Have put a backup of this partition back through time machine, but it's still not recognized.

It seems both partitions with different OS's have been corrupted by installing Maverick. Has anyone else have this problem too?? Any help is appreciated!

Mr Fish
Oct 24, 2013, 04:23 AM
Why would you want the Google homepage when you can initiate a search straight from the bar? :confused:

Why wouldn't he want it as his homepage? Instead of being condescending, you could answer his question.

Go to Preferences in Safari and input http:www.google.com in the Home Page field.

applefan97
Oct 24, 2013, 04:48 AM
The keyboard light is not turning off even though I switched it off from the settings.Overall my Macbook Pro feels a lot laggy while using almost anything.

DannyDrama
Oct 24, 2013, 06:05 AM
I just woke my rmbp up and the screen went nuts. Pink lines all over, moving like static. Had to restart twice! I'll admit I've only had it a week but I never saw it with ML.

saha-med
Oct 24, 2013, 06:25 AM
Using multiple desktops with a primary external monitor, Grab and move an app window and drag it to the side of the screen until the mouse cursor hits and stops. With lion, and ml, this window would then shift to the next available desktop. No worky in mavrx. I got it to work by accident using mirror displays while trying to troubleshoot a different problem, but couldn't reproduce it reliably. If someone else can reproduce it, it's definitely a bug.

(Later edit) I find that this does NOT occur using a MBP as a standalone platform or when the machine is run in clamshell mode with an external monitor. It seems to be unique to dual monitor setups.

Yeap i have this bug 2. I have 2 displays hooked up to my mac mini.

Hopefully its a bug and not a feature removal

GlenK
Oct 24, 2013, 06:37 AM

Works fine for me too!!

toxotis70
Oct 24, 2013, 06:39 AM
any idea why i cant access my external time machine disk , which is encrypted ?
In mountain lion is ok, but in Mavericks disk doesn't show up.

Sankel
Oct 24, 2013, 06:43 AM
I have various problems with Mavericks. Pepperflash from Chrome keeps crashing. And Adobe Photoshop is freezing continuously. Very annoying.. :mad:

Working with an 27" iMac, 3.4ghz 8gb ram. So I may assume that he can handle it, he did in snow leopard

DannyDrama
Oct 24, 2013, 09:19 AM
I just woke my rmbp up and the screen went nuts. Pink lines all over, moving like static. Had to restart twice! I'll admit I've only had it a week but I never saw it with ML.

Ok so this is happening more. Now when I wake it up, the screen stays black but my dock shows and the toolbar shows, but only after I put the mouse over them. Not happy.

SuperRob
Oct 24, 2013, 09:45 AM
The only issue I'm having is that Notes refuses to sync with my Exchange acocunt. It gives a "Notes can't connect to the account" error and asks for my password. The exact same account and password works fine Mail, Calendar, and Contacts. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't use Notes so often. The constant nag is getting annoying, not to mention the lack of functionality. At least I can save notes to iCloud and have them moved later when the bug is fixed.

mzuppiroli
Oct 24, 2013, 10:02 AM
I've found 2 bugs so far:

1) Battery percentage gets stuck sometimes without any reason, both in charging and discharging.
2) I've clicked and moved a file from a folder to another with the trackpad, and then the image of the file moved remained there, even after closing the Finder. Had to stop the process and then it disappeared.

sugarydelicious
Oct 24, 2013, 10:38 AM
1. beach ball every now and then (when using safari or chrome)
2. turn off screen sometimes goes transparent instead of grey

DannyDrama
Oct 24, 2013, 11:04 AM
2. turn off screen sometimes goes transparent instead of grey

Glad that one doesn't seem to be just me, it scared the hell out of me. Thought I'd magically gained epic screen burn.

sugarydelicious
Oct 24, 2013, 11:31 AM
Glad that one doesn't seem to be just me, it scared the hell out of me. Thought I'd magically gained epic screen burn.

LOL i first thought it was a new feature but i googled it and realised that it doesn't happen to everybody

btw does your screen flash brighter and then back to normal before log in screen appears?

xgman
Oct 24, 2013, 11:53 AM
I have 3 partitions, main with 10.8 (now updated to 10.9), Bootcamp with W7 and 10.6 for playing older games. My 2010 iMac came with 10.6. It all worked under 10.8, but after installing Maverick I can't boot into 10.6 (holding down ALT with startup) and when trying to boot into W7 I get a black screen that Windows needs it install DVD and need to perform a clean install, it can't fix it.

Furthermore, Windows can only be selected in system preferences, selecting startup disk, not when restarting holding the ALT button.
10.6 can only sometimes be selected at startup with ALT, it doesn't show in the startup disk. Have put a backup of this partition back through time machine, but it's still not recognized.

It seems both partitions with different OS's have been corrupted by installing Maverick. Has anyone else have this problem too?? Any help is appreciated!

Sounds like you need to find some way to repair your win install and maybe that partition. I'd start with some disk repairing utilities and then try to figure out how to do a windows repair from the dvd. Sounds a bit like your windows boot info is corrupt.

pekapa
Oct 24, 2013, 11:57 AM
I just had a full screen flash video paused in chrome when my 15''RMBP slept.
When I woke it up the screen had blue/white stripes flickering...

I had to reboot to fix it and when I tried to reproduce it just crashed and rebooted by itself.

Anyone else having something similar?

Hookemfins
Oct 24, 2013, 12:01 PM
On late 2012 i7 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM:

1. Slower loading, almost windows like slow when loading upper menu bar.
2. HD seems to be running constantly
3. See the beach ball a lot more often but may be result of slowness.
4. Xtrafinder seems to not allow for folders on top
5. Seems to hog tad more memory.
6. Mail slower.

flopticalcube
Oct 24, 2013, 12:01 PM
Only things bugging me atm are Mail taking over the RAM/CPU... its getting better but still bad... and Chrome not behaving with Flash content. I think the latter will require an update from Google, unfortunately.

DannyDrama
Oct 24, 2013, 12:14 PM
LOL i first thought it was a new feature but i googled it and realised that it doesn't happen to everybody

btw does your screen flash brighter and then back to normal before log in screen appears?

Not that I notice, it didn't when I tried it.

eyebex
Oct 24, 2013, 12:48 PM
Anyone experiencing this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1659712

JWorld127
Oct 24, 2013, 12:53 PM
When powering down my 15'' MBPR the screen does weird stuff. the wallpaper stays and the dock goes about half under the screen and I get the little spinning icon in the middle...anyone experience this when shutting down with Mavericks?

cbs20
Oct 24, 2013, 01:16 PM
Anyone experiencing the following issue with Activity Monitor, where the list of processes doesn't populate?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1654972&highlight=activity+monitor

andrezuppe
Oct 24, 2013, 01:26 PM
Macbook pro retina 15" mid 2012:

Using an external monitor set ABOVE the main NB screen on system preferences, causes no Dock bar to pop up on the external display.

The trick (pulling mouse cursor on the lower edge of the screen in order to show dock bar) works only if I set up the external display on the right or on the left of main NB screen.

Apple, please find a solution.

Bye!!

Andrea

Diatribe
Oct 24, 2013, 02:57 PM
The install ruined my disk integrity, had to reformat. So glad I make backups. No I only have really weird graphical glitches. Black boxes, weird colors around icons, etc. :confused:

Joesg
Oct 24, 2013, 03:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dtkPLBkh.jpg

(Mid 2012 Retina 15")

----------

On both of my Mavericks laptops (2013 Air, 2012 Retina) all items on my calendar disappear when I change timezones.

The events then reappear if I change the view twice (for example week-month then month-week).

Is anyone able to reproduce this? This is reproducible for me 100% of the time.

Lintott
Oct 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
For you guys who has the Mail program in Mavericks taking up most of the RAM, check if you have duplicated entries of accounts in this file:

~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Accounts.plist

Makes me think someone in the Mavericks migration team at Apple didn't like hotmail users (my hotmail accounts were duplicated thousands of times while all others were fine).

Cheers

eqr
Oct 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
Every time computer wakes from sleep, dock reverts to auto hide mode. Only way to correct is to go to system preferences, where option box is empty, enable auto hide, then uncheck box. It's fine again until computer goes to sleep. Problem is back again when it wakes up. VERY ANNOYING !!!!

ocelot12
Oct 24, 2013, 03:18 PM
I had 2 lockups in 1 hour on fresh haswell laptop...

antsgeek
Oct 24, 2013, 10:00 PM
Beware of incompatibilities with Detox My Mac

After upgrading to Mac OSX 10.9 , better known as Maverick, I discovered Detox My Mac application stopped working. It was working on Mountain Lion OSX 10.8, the day before.!!!

I reinstalled a NEWLY purchased version of DetoxMyMac and it still doesn't work.

Detox My Mac Website states that if's latest version works on 10.9 ; NOT!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They (Detoxmymac) resolved by updating their software to run properly on Maverick OSX 10.9

michial
Oct 25, 2013, 01:14 AM
My iTunes won't display the full page unless I go into full screen mode. The top third or so is cut off and I can't scroll to it.

Neliothecat
Oct 25, 2013, 03:22 AM

It seems to be only the case with Safari. Each time I switch to Safari or from Safari to another app the screen freezes for 10+ secs.

maverick7
Oct 25, 2013, 04:39 AM
I get annoyed by three meaningful for me bugs:

1) random beachballs, they don't affect the performance of my Mac or freeze really, but it annoys me visually and mentally :D

2) this constant nonresponding process and sometimes even two of them: QTKitServer- Safari Web Content (Not Responding)
no matter what I am doing this occurs again and again totally random
urghhh....

3) clicking on links in Safari when they opened in new tab doesn't happen immediately like it was in Lion or ML, there is a significant delay in 1-1,5 second before executing. Once again it affects my usability and comfort.

eholley
Oct 25, 2013, 06:53 AM
When searching for text on a web page in Safari, the highlighted yellow box is offset from the actual text (to the right and down). This happens when I move/resize the window a lot.

On that note, resizing the Safari window causes the window to jump to the right and shrink. Not every time, but often when I resize quickly.

eholley
Oct 25, 2013, 07:01 AM
When resizing the Safari window, the window's drop shadow is appearing in the new location slightly before the window actually gets there.

In general, resizing windows is a little sluggish.

--
Mac Book Pro 15"
Retina, Mid 2012
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

nefan65
Oct 25, 2013, 07:28 AM
Not a major bug, but definitely an annoyance is in the Mail app. I have an Exchange account, with an additional mailbox. So I have a primary, and a secondary that we use in our department that everyone monitors. I can see that a new piece of mail is in that mailbox, but if I go to the mailbox, it's empty. Yet if I go to my iPhone or iPad, the mail is there, and I can see it, respond, etc.

It also worked fine in 10.8.x, so I know it's a Maverick thing. I'm sure it'll get cleaned up in the next update.

eholley
Oct 25, 2013, 07:30 AM
The new Guest User account seems to lack 3D acceleration. Safari is flickering and the window refreshes take a few seconds.

Also, while in this *highly secure* guest session, selecting a WiFi service by "Join Other Network", then pressing Cancel, leaves me in the Mac OS X Utilities app. From there I can view installer logs, browse the filesystem, etc. Not as secure as I would have hoped. Choosing the password reset utility doesn't do anything. Just as choosing Startup Disk from the Apple menu.

--
Mac Book Pro 15"
Retina, Mid 2012
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9 (13A603)

saturnotaku
Oct 25, 2013, 07:40 AM
I've had a couple Finder crashes when attempting to copy files I've downloaded to an exFAT formatted SD card.

I am absolutely regretting this "upgrade" but don't really have a desire to go back to ML.

5t3f4n
Oct 25, 2013, 08:06 AM
Anyone else seeing weird graphical glitches when opening Disk Utility.app?
The window sometimes stays semi-transparent for a bit and sometimes the contents of the left pane is garbled for a split second.

Edit: made a GIF.

http://fuskbugg.se/file/EQCQpq/dutil.gif

FLOKER
Oct 25, 2013, 09:01 AM
The window sometimes stays semi-transparent for a bit and sometimes the contents of the left pane is garbled for a split second.

Image (http://fuskbugg.se/file/EQCQpq/dutil.gif)

lol, yeah. Have exactly the same kind of glitch.

heinzmac
Oct 25, 2013, 09:20 AM
I just updated to Maverick. I tried dragging and dropping about a dozen mails from one folder to another, and they disappeared. They did not go to trash or junk mail, and a subsequent search for them showed up negative -they simply vanished. Any thoughts?

saturnotaku
Oct 25, 2013, 09:26 AM

Yep, I get that as well.

nefan65
Oct 25, 2013, 09:33 AM

Image (http://fuskbugg.se/file/EQCQpq/dutil.gif)

Same, confirmed. I suspect this will get fixed in 10.9.1?

chablu
Oct 25, 2013, 10:00 AM
Here's everything I've encountered so far:

In Safari, using the backwards/forwards swipe gestures sometimes causes the entire tab to lock up, requiring that tab to be closed otherwise scrolling/clicking does not work in any of the tabs.

Ran into a strange bug where Launchpad would only show up on my secondary display. Haven't be able to reproduce that one so far.

Another strange issue I ran into: clicking icons in the Dock would cause them to disappear and displayed an alert box that said "This Mac cannot open this type of file.". Restarted and it worked fine. Unable to reproduce again.

Also had a very annoying issue with the Messages app where my conversations would be duplicated 2-3 times. Deleting any of the duplicates caused my entire message history for the conversation to be deleted.

Pinch to zoom/rotate gestures occasionally do not work in the Maps app.

The Safari issue is my biggest concern/gripe. Very annoying to have to close the busted tab and reopen it. System-wide, it seems like scrolling is behaving very strange.

Hopefully Apple will patch this up quick. I'm quite surprised they shipped Mavericks in this state.

Diatribe
Oct 25, 2013, 10:15 AM
I'm quite surprised they shipped Mavericks in this state.

This. This has got to be the worst release in terms of bugs since 10.0. And this with a non-feature release...

Bilalo
Oct 25, 2013, 10:54 AM

how can I re install parallels? I already installed it and used the code I got once already, how can I do this and it takes like an hour to install it I have to go through that all again? Please quote me when you reply.

osplo
Oct 25, 2013, 11:55 AM
Dictation in Spanish is still terrible.

Funny thing is that it works worlds better on the iPhone. Go figure.

On my mid-2011, 3.4GHz i7 iMac it writes just a fraction of my spoken words (it's my mother language, so it should understand me).

ML wasn't any better, though.

j0ester
Oct 25, 2013, 12:27 PM
This. This has got to be the worst release in terms of bugs since 10.0. And this with a non-feature release...

I thought OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion was the worst release since OS X 10.0?

I'm having a lot of Safari App glitches as well. Slow downloads, Slow Internet loading, Browser freezes sometimes... I hope they give us a new update to Safari soon.

Dylugy
Oct 26, 2013, 11:07 AM
Is mavericks compatible with logic pro 9 or are they gonna force me to upgrade and pay (again) for the newest pro X version?? Does anyone work with logic 9 and mavericks??

MikiSunshine
Oct 26, 2013, 11:38 AM
Anyone else finding themselves with ghost graphics around an open app or their desktop turning into ghost folders?

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh211/mikisunshine1/MikiCatDesigns/ScreenShot2013-10-26at115257.png

5t3f4n
Oct 26, 2013, 01:01 PM
Anyone else seeing random books they've never purchased in iBooks?
I currently have this book (https://itunes.apple.com/book/id559781194) available for download and I know for sure I've never purchased it, not even by accident, because my iTunes Store balance is unchanged.

Is this a bug or some sort of complimentary book?

Diatribe
Oct 26, 2013, 01:20 PM
Anyone else finding themselves with ghost graphics around an open app or their desktop turning into ghost folders?

Image (http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh211/mikisunshine1/MikiCatDesigns/ScreenShot2013-10-26at115257.png)

Had that a lot in the beginning. A couple of restarts after I haven't seen it again.