PDA

View Full Version : New iMac 20' G5 w/iSight Fan Noise?

crazyeyes
Nov 4, 2005, 11:17 AM
Hey i just got my iMac G5 w/iSight and when i started software update the computer fans started to sound like a jet engine and have been sitting there like that for 10 minutes now. Is that normal? Has anyone else had this problem.

crazyeyes
Nov 4, 2005, 12:00 PM
Hey guys it is silent again i guess it was just while doing a software update that it got really loud. idk i will continue to monitor it and see if it does it again.

Santeh
Nov 4, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hey guys it is silent again i guess it was just while doing a software update that it got really loud. idk i will continue to monitor it and see if it does it again.

Hello!

Since I have a 20" iMac G5 on order I would definately like to hear how you fair with your new iMac. Thanks!

By the way, after weeks of waiting my iMac is slated to ship on Monday, yet I am hearing that the machines are being sent from China. Did your get shipped from there? If so how long did it take to get to you once it shipped?

Thanks again!

Danksi
Nov 4, 2005, 12:09 PM
Depends what you class as loud, but my 17inch is really quiet - even with CPU running at around 80% and ~65'C it's only just noticeable.

Do you have a temp monitor widget installed - I've been occasionally monitoring mine, but it's not got over 65'C.

crazyeyes
Nov 4, 2005, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Santeh]Hello!

Since I have a 20" iMac G5 on order I would definately like to hear how you fair with your new iMac. Thanks!

By the way, after weeks of waiting my iMac is slated to ship on Monday, yet I am hearing that the machines are being sent from China. Did your get shipped from there? If so how long did it take to get to you once it shipped?

Thanks again![/QUOTE

I love the iMac i had the Rev B for 9 days and then they introduced this update and i brought mine back to get the new one. I called the apple store the day of the event and it took untill today to get mine in stock at my local apple store.