Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nafai23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
I'm 40 and my eyes are not as good as they were 10 years ago.

Anyone else having problems with the visibility on apps like messaging and other thin non contrasty text?

I run with my brightness higher on ios7 than I did on 6.

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
i don't think it's an age-related issue. i have iOS7 installed on my ipod touch and it is barely viewable outside compared to my iPhone running iOS6.

lokey

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2003
Agreed. Those thin font is difficult to read outdoors. Control Center is impossible to see outside.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
You can make the font bolder / bigger in Settings > General > Accessibility. There are a couple settings for the font in there.

ReallyOldGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
I have trouble inside :eek:....but I like it overall. I think a slightly bolder font is going to be necessary especially depending on the background/wallpaper one uses, at least as an option. The current setting are not enough or possibly don't work yet... or I'm so old I can't see any difference

ReallyOldGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
Thanks...I had tried those but couldn't tell the difference , however they may not yet be functional or i'm just to blind to tell the difference:p

EDIT: I had gone for Text Size.... Accessibility settings do improve the ability to read everything except the lock screen

Last edited:

DarwinOSX

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2009
I'm 53 and the thin fonts are terrible for me. If they don't fix this in the final version I may have to looks elsewhere which is a pretty big thing for me to say. I won't like it on my iPad.

I'm 40 and my eyes are not as good as they were 10 years ago.

Anyone else having problems with the visibility on apps like messaging and other thin non contrasty text?

I run with my brightness higher on ios7 than I did on 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.