Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonomuller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
I haven't been receiving message notifications on Mavericks for the past day or two, however they worked originally when I first downloaded the beta.

The account is enabled in Messages settings and banners are set in the Notifications settings pane in System Preferences. Messages will still be received and iMessage works fine the only problem seems to be the notifications.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any help would be great, thanks.

liv2wrshp

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2003
chicago
I haven't been receiving message notifications on Mavericks for the past day or two, however they worked originally when I first downloaded the beta.

The account is enabled in Messages settings and banners are set in the Notifications settings pane in System Preferences. Messages will still be received and iMessage works fine the only problem seems to be the notifications.

Same here.

actisys

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013

Go System Pref > Notification > Select Message > Choose Alert

My notification running smoothly with QR too..

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
I get notifications for Messages, but can't send / receive messages from / to my mobile number on Mac.

jonomuller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Go System Pref > Notification > Select Message > Choose Alert

My notification running smoothly with QR too..

I already checked and I have banners selected for the alert style. I also turned off and on alerts to see if that would help.

The notifications seem to be intermittent now, I do occasionally receive them.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
I already checked and I have banners selected for the alert style. I also turned off and on alerts to see if that would help.

The notifications seem to be intermittent now, I do occasionally receive them.

I'm not getting any message notifications either. I am running OSX Mavericks GM. Still not getting anything.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Beta Blockers?

SO I went and restarted my MacBook Pro and my messages started giving me notifications again. This is going to really blow if we have to restart our Macs every few hours...

Jared-

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2010
^ same happened to me.

Wouldn't be surprised if in a future update release notes mention this.

drew627

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
It's been intermittent since 10.8 for me. It's always been the thing that bugs me the most... It happens to both iMessages and Facebook Chat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.