PDA

View Full Version : Transferring files to a 15" PB

matt1190
Nov 4, 2005, 09:23 PM
Hey guys! Well, I've officially taken the plunge into the Mac world and absolutely love it! However, before I ditch my Windows machine I'd like to get a couple GB's worth of art/photos off of it. Whats the best way to do this? Can you connect the two together through a network cable, Firewire cable?, or am I better off just burning DVD discs with the information?

Thanks for all of your help! This 15" PB should get me by until my PowerMac purchase ;)

-Matt

mad jew
Nov 4, 2005, 09:46 PM
Welcome to Macs. :)

For a couple of GBs, I'd burn a DVD but if you want to, you can use a ethernet cable (or wireless network) to transfer files by networking them (http://guides.macrumors.com/Networking_Windows_with_Mac_OS_X). :)

Veritas&Equitas
Nov 5, 2005, 02:28 AM
I just got my 15'' Powerbook yesterday as well, and transferred around 38 gigs last night. Given that both my PC and my Powerbook have a Gigabit connection, I transferred 38 gb in about 20 minutes! I love it. I originally was trying to transfer the data over my wireless network, and the estimated time was something like 35 hours or whatever...totally ridiculous. Needless to say, i was quite happy seeing that Gigabit connection flying along.