Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
This morning i turned on my PowerBook (15" 1.67ghz) and usually the bluetooth icon is available, but this morning, theres a little line through it and it says "bluetooth not avaible". It doesn't even give me the option to turn it on or off.

It's not that big of a deal, since I rarely use Bluetooth, but I was just curious as to why this started happening all of a sudden, it was fine last night.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before?

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2004
this just happened to me today, and im looking for an aswer as well....i have a mouse so it makes it annoying

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
I just checked the Bluetooth prefrences..... and turned bluetooth on from that menu. but it still says "Bluetooth: Not Available" in the menu.... It has the Bluetooth logo, but a line across it.

Kevin Nelson

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2004
Same here

I have the same issue on a 12"/867 powerbook, bluetooth just up and disappered today as well. The best I get is a bluetooth not found, the best solution I have tried so far was to reset the power manager,check Apple's Website for your model.
I was able to get the preference pane to click through to what should be a bluetooth page.
I had torn apart my powerbook recently and had thought maybe I screwed it up. Seeing your predicament gives me hope that it may not be my fault after all!
Try the C-O-P-R trick and then the power manager reset, also try C-O-O-F then reset-nvram & reset-all and see if that helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. These are some old school apple tricks though, in case you are a newbie.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
pdpfilms said:
It appears you aren't the only ones...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/160238/

I'd put money on it that there's a software update for this problem within 2 weeks.

Per the link,

Take the suggestions that mad jew and myself are recommending. If this doesn't fix your problem, check back to that thread as we will continue to try and help :p .

image.php

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
I'll try resetting the PMU tomorrow and let you guys know the results....

Seems very strange that quite a few of us are experiencing the same problem at almost the same time.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2002
London
This worked

I had this same problem, and was having trouble finding a fix.

Then on this it site I stumbled on a thread that said that .. strange as it sounds .. you need to take your battery out and then reseat. Hey presto - problem sorted.

I cant remember if you had to shut the computer off first.

good luck

Kevin Nelson

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2004
840quadra said:
Per the link,

Take the suggestions that mad jew and myself are recommending. If this doesn't fix your problem, check back to that thread as we will continue to try and help :p .

image.php

Uhh yeah, cause obviously mine were completely unhelpful...let me follow the link... seems like the exact same advice!

Just having fun Quadra!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.