PDA

View Full Version : Question bout new 12 powerbook.

broncoball
Nov 9, 2005, 10:59 PM
I just bought my new 12 inch powerbook about a week ago and i have to say it is way better than my old pc. but i hav just realized that when i close the laptop i can press down on the lid and it kinda goes down a little more and then goes back to normal. is this supposed to happen?

MacAri
Nov 9, 2005, 11:03 PM
I just bought my new 12 inch powerbook about a week ago and i have to say it is way better than my old pc. but i hav just realized that when i close the laptop i can press down on the lid and it kinda goes down a little more and then goes back to normal. is this supposed to happen?

Yes. It is one of my pet peeve design issues with the Powerbooks of late. Ractech has some nice stuff called Wildeepz that are spacers that help even out the distribution. Link: http://www.radtech.us/Products/Wildeepz.aspx

Bern
Nov 9, 2005, 11:40 PM
Don't press down on the lid :D

Mechcozmo
Nov 10, 2005, 01:20 AM
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"Well then, don't do that anymore."

No harm done to the PowerBook. :D

YS2003
Nov 10, 2005, 07:26 AM
I think it is normal. The latching machanism does not hold the lid too close to the chassis (ie. keyboard areas/main surface). I think there is a 1 mm play zone after getting latched, if you press "gently" on the lid. I use iSkin on the keyboard and Radtech ScreenSaverz at the same time, which fill us the space between the screen and keyboard surface "perfectly" when a 12" PB is closed. I don't recomment using the both for a 15" PB as I felt it is too tight when I tried to do so with my 15" Al PB (I did not even try to latch it because I felt it is too tight).