PDA

View Full Version : Do the Clamshell iBooks look like toys?

----Bowie----
Nov 12, 2005, 01:33 PM
-

mkrishnan
Nov 12, 2005, 01:42 PM
I'd go for retro...it certainly doesn't look to me as if it would be a new product. Cute, nice at the time.

But then again, in a lot of circles, even the current iBook is considered distinctive looking... as many of the white iBook G3/G4's are out there.

I think a clamshell would definitely look distinctive.

katie ta achoo
Nov 12, 2005, 01:50 PM
IMO, they look like technicolor toilet seats.

/another genius post brought to you by
//TEH SLASHIES!!11@!!

iEdd
Nov 12, 2005, 03:25 PM

/another genius post brought to you by
//TEH SLASHIES!!11@!!
Are you SURE you've had your medication? ;)

Will Cheyney
Nov 12, 2005, 04:16 PM
They look damn funky!

harveypooka
Nov 12, 2005, 04:20 PM
I think toy. Apple have moved away from that very plastic look into a more mature, enviable look. More industrial.

kwajo.com
Nov 12, 2005, 04:45 PM
i agree - sort of.
I own a lime iBook, and I have typed every word of my thesis to-date (and all other related history papers) on it, opting for its keyboard over the one that came with my G5. but while I am extremely proud of it, (and brag about it to mac fanatics ;) ) I do not like to use it too much in public. in libraries and archives is fine, but in a lecture or if I'm giving a presentation or seminar, I feel reluctant to pull it out (quite the opposite feeling I had when I owned a powerbook). i'm not sure why i am reluctant, maybe it's the plastic feel, maybe it's the fact there is an embarrassing pen mark on the cover from the previous owner :mad: but the point is it's a fantastic machine, just not very professional.

n.b. Tiger on a clamshell is wonderful, the screen is gorgeous still and I manage to install and very fluidly run many apps (such as iWork) that are supposed to require higher-end machines. all in all, I'm in love :rolleyes:

risc
Nov 12, 2005, 04:53 PM

Ditto.