PDA

View Full Version : Help Help my Cube!!!

doucy2
Nov 19, 2005, 02:24 PM
ok well i got a broken cube (suspected dead video card)
when i go to boot nothing spins up and just the green light comes on inside.

ok so i took it all apart and put the video card in my powermac to test and it works perfect
so now i have to clue what to problem is
any help would be appreciated

cheers

mjstew33
Nov 19, 2005, 02:24 PM
If I had to guess... motherboard. :(

doucy2
Nov 19, 2005, 02:35 PM
this is a sad sad day

Brainfree007
Nov 19, 2005, 03:17 PM
Though I'm not certified Apple tech, I came across a similar situation with a g5 I manage. The solution in my case was to reset the PMU. Give it a shot, here's a page with more info for your cube.

http://cubeowner.com/kbase_2/?page=index_v2&id=39&c=31

doucy2
Nov 19, 2005, 08:34 PM
Though I'm not certified Apple tech, I came across a similar situation with a g5 I manage. The solution in my case was to reset the PMU. Give it a shot, here's a page with more info for your cube.

http://cubeowner.com/kbase_2/?page=index_v2&id=39&c=31
i gave than a shot no luck :(

trainguy77
Nov 19, 2005, 08:41 PM
I don't know much about the cube, but open it up and see if it has fans in it(i bet it does) When you turn it on can you hear any of them spin up?, if there is a fan on the power supply in the back, does it spin up? If not you might have a dead power supply.

doucy2
Nov 19, 2005, 08:42 PM
I don't know much about the cube, but open it up and see if it has fans in it(i bet it does) When you turn it on can you hear any of them spin up?, if there is a fan on the power supply in the back, does it spin up? If not you might have a dead power supply.
the power supply is external, and it work
thx for trying to help though

mjstew33
Nov 19, 2005, 09:00 PM
No fans in the cube ;)

trainguy77
Nov 19, 2005, 09:02 PM
My bad:D Never played with one.:rolleyes:

mjstew33
Nov 19, 2005, 09:05 PM
My bad:D Never played with one.:rolleyes:
We all make mistakes ;)

:)

IJ Reilly
Nov 20, 2005, 12:47 AM
The Cube has a reset switch on the motherboard, called the CUDA switch. I'm sure you can find a photo of it somewhere. I'd try that before I assumed the worst.