PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook headphone jack (Yaaaarrg!)

shieldyoureyes
Nov 21, 2005, 10:23 PM
I've had my 12" powerbook for about a month now, and today, my headphone jack basically stopped working. I noticed that it was getting loose a week or two ago when i had to spin the headphone connector a bit to get a good connection. Now, I have to hold it in one place for it to work at all. I noticed a few posts on this, but they typically involved older PB's.

Has anyone else experienced/heard of this happening?

I guess I'll be calling Apple in the morning to see if they will fix this. I expected more out of a $1500 machine...

kainjow
Nov 21, 2005, 10:28 PM
I expected more out of a $1500 machine...
Not everything's perfect, ya know. That's why you get free warranty even without AppleCare. Talk to Apple ASAP about it.

shieldyoureyes
Nov 21, 2005, 10:33 PM
Yeah...I'm just mad because I just got the Guitar Rig 2 demo and I can't hook my PB up to my guitar amp now...I half expected something to go wrong eventually, which is why I did buy the apple care.

SummerBreeze
Nov 21, 2005, 11:32 PM
That sucks, but I'm sure it's not a common problem for PowerBooks. Mine is much older than yours, and the headphone jack still works great. Aren't you glad you have Applecare.

gammamonk
Nov 22, 2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah...I'm just mad because I just got the Guitar Rig 2 demo and I can't hook my PB up to my guitar amp now...I half expected something to go wrong eventually, which is why I did buy the apple care.

Wait, maybe I don't understand. Why do you want to plug your guitar amp into your headphone jack?

shieldyoureyes
Nov 22, 2005, 12:15 AM
yes...its an audio out. Plug my guitar into the audio input 1/8" to 1/4 inch adapter...plug it into my headphone out to my amp using another adapter.

But the problem is that I can't do that when i have a messed up headphone jack.