PDA

View Full Version : iMac's ATI X600 Pro sluggishness

Eithanius
Nov 22, 2005, 03:31 AM
been noticing some minor problems on the graphics side that might slow the overall performance of my system....

whenever the dock animates via background apps alert, keyboard input/response seemed to slow a bit.....

the same goes with expose and dashboard transition when DVD's playing in the background....

and DVD Player seems to take up loads of proc power as well.... close to 40%....

has anyone experience such symptoms.....? or is it just me....? :(

Chrispy
Nov 22, 2005, 10:07 AM
been noticing some minor problems on the graphics side that might slow the overall performance of my system....

whenever the dock animates via background apps alert, keyboard input/response seemed to slow a bit.....

the same goes with expose and dashboard transition when DVD's playing in the background....

and DVD Player seems to take up loads of proc power as well.... close to 40%....

has anyone experience such symptoms.....? or is it just me....? :(

I think this is more simply the nature of Mac OS X than anything else. I noticed similar things to what you are talking about when using Tiger on my PowerMac. It doesn't do it as much on Panther but I use Panther on my Dual 1.8 becuaes it makes for a more pleasant working experience for me. I would not worry too much. If it is not slowing down any graphics work or anything of that sort then don't sweat it.