Just one phase from Jonathan Ives..

"Less is more"

That is so ****ed ugly!

TheMonarch
Nov 23, 2005, 01:44 AM
Just one phase from Jonathan Ives..

"Less is more"

That is so ****ed ugly!

Funny. Its actually one of the more faithful-looking clones... Still looks like ass...

shadowmoses
Nov 23, 2005, 01:45 AM
It is extremely ugly, but for a PC desktop not too bad....

Shadow

Daedalus256
Nov 23, 2005, 01:48 AM
what's a MAC? I mean I've heard of Macs but what does MAC stand for? ;)

liketom
Nov 23, 2005, 02:29 AM
MAC address or the Mac platform , used in the right way we know what he means but why nit pick:D

Miner Willy
Nov 23, 2005, 02:32 AM
you'll find that the quote "less is more" comes from Mies Van Der Rohe ;)

Check out http://www.greatbuildings.com/architects/Ludwig_Mies_van_der_Rohe.html

That clone is pretty fugly though

cube
Nov 23, 2005, 02:50 AM

MAC == Media Access Control

generik
Nov 23, 2005, 02:51 AM

Media Access Control, every network interface has a MAC address :)

Deepdale
Nov 23, 2005, 03:46 AM
That could pass for a Hoover vacumn cleaner.

mpw
Nov 23, 2005, 03:51 AM
Reminds me of a Honda NSX.

pdpfilms
Nov 23, 2005, 04:34 AM
I don't consider this a "clone"... just because it has handles on it like a PM G5 doesn't mean the entire design is based on the G5. Now, I'm not saying this thing is a gem or anything... looks like cheapness and plastic to me.

russed
Nov 23, 2005, 04:38 AM

that almost shameful to say that! the honda NSX is up as the Mac of the supercar world. it may be old but its still an awesome car! :D

Nermal
Nov 23, 2005, 04:39 AM
It's the middle of the night, and I might have missed something while skimming through, but what are the specs on this? And wouldn't Apple have a go at them for making an unauthorised clone?

Edit: Bear's post (#21) answers this.

mpw
Nov 23, 2005, 06:50 AM
that almost shameful to say that! the honda NSX is up as the Mac of the supercar world. it may be old but its still an awesome car! :D
There's lots to love about the NSX, and I have driven one, but one thing I didn't like was the original interior (it'll have surely been updated) that had plastic mouldings around the gearlever etc. that had the allen bolt heads moulded on. Like the added on for no reason other than to look like something that's popular handles of the 'clone' here.

ezekielrage_99
Nov 23, 2005, 07:21 AM
ugly and really cheap looking....

Kind of like having a generic diet coke when all you want is the real coca cola:D

dmw007
Nov 23, 2005, 07:23 AM
All that I can say is...U-G-L-Y! :rolleyes:

cubist
Nov 23, 2005, 08:21 AM
There's lots to love about the NSX, and I have driven one, but one thing I didn't like was the original interior (it'll have surely been updated) that had plastic mouldings around the gearlever etc. that had the allen bolt heads moulded on. Like the added on for no reason other than to look like something that's popular handles of the 'clone' here.

Phooey, car manufacturers go to idiotic lengths to hide the screws, then they mold on fake ones? Goofy. But I hear there is a new NSX in the works, and it sounds really awesome.

Eevee
Nov 23, 2005, 08:22 AM
Not a very nice looking clone. But what is the configs? Does it have a G5 chip?

iMeowbot
Nov 23, 2005, 08:33 AM
According to Apple and the US Patent and Trademark Office, it's a name for "computers; computer printers; computer monitors; computer peripherals; computer operating system software; network transmission accelerator for accelerating the transmission of data in a local area network; electronic mail and message delivery apparatus; multimedia authoring computer programs for use in the fields of business, government, education, and science; local area networks and wide area networks; CD-ROM drives" Yes, in uppercase (http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=74357318).

Bear
Nov 23, 2005, 08:39 AM
The threead title of "Mac Clone from Korea" is incorrect. The correct title should be "Mac Lookalike PC from Korea" or some such.

crazyeyes
Nov 23, 2005, 09:27 AM

That is funny. Oh just so you know the NSX is made by Acura. I know Honda and Acura are the same company but an NSX is an Acura.

Dreadnought
Nov 23, 2005, 12:05 PM
Not in Europe! We don't even have Acura

russed
Nov 23, 2005, 12:07 PM
That is funny. Oh just so you know the NSX is made by Acura. I know Honda and Acura are the same company but an NSX is an Acura.

no, honda and acura is the same thing, it is just called acura in america for some reason. everywhere else in the world the NSX is made by honda (i actually think they have stopped making it now).

russed
Nov 23, 2005, 12:08 PM
on another note, its funny how a thread about a really crappy looking pc copy of a powermac has got on to talking about the difference between honda and acura!:)

mpw
Nov 23, 2005, 12:11 PM
Well Honda is a Japanese company and in Japan and Europe the NSX is a Honda. AFAIK only the Americans get Acuras. Acura was just a brand Honda used to improve the product image in America, like Nissan have infiniti, Toyota have Lexus (only just started using the Lexus brand in Japan).

Also I'm pretty sure that the original NSX was developed from a design originally offered to Ferrari for an entry-level car in the late 80's/early 90's in the same way that Nissan's Micra was picked from the scrapped designs of Fiat's Uno.

tutubibi
Nov 23, 2005, 12:16 PM
no, honda and acura is the same thing, it is just called acura in america for some reason. everywhere else in the world the NSX is made by honda (i actually think they have stopped making it now).

It's called Acura in North America because it's the only continent with enough people who would pay 30% premium for a badge only. Acura is Honda's "luxury" brand. 90% same parts bin, different badge.
Same thing with Infinity/Nissan and Lexus/Toyota.