Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robokev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Hi,
Jus got a 5G 60 GB Black ipod.:) I know you can download music videos from itunes for 2 bux but what if i allready have a music video on my computer that i want to load on my ipod. i tried to do so allready and itunes sees the video fine but when i sync my ipod w/itunes, it never gets put on. can someone please help? any help is appreciated.

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
Robokev said:
Hi,
Jus got a 5G 60 GB Black ipod.:) I know you can download music videos from itunes for 2 bux but what if i allready have a music video on my computer that i want to load on my ipod. i tried to do so allready and itunes sees the video fine but when i sync my ipod w/itunes, it never gets put on. can someone please help? any help is appreciated.

If you search this site this has been discussed many times. The 5G iPod only plays video of certain specs. The simplest option if you have Quicktime Pro is to use its Export Movie to iPod 320x240 option.

Robokev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Thanks, I'll try that and im also trying videora ipod converter. seems to be working good so far

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
Simplistic said:
Music videos galore
Though most of them don't want to convert to iPod format. I think it has something to do with the way the video was coded. Sucks.
Nice find. I'm not on my mac to try right now but maybe you can convert them using VLC. I've used VLC to convert some videos so hopefully it will work with these too.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
Well it looks like some of them are Windows Media Player files and some are Quicktime. I don't think it's possible to convert the WMV files to play on the iPod but any file that opens in Quicktime you should be able to do. Does anybody know if it's possible to convert the WMV files?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.