Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
I lost my White 5G 60 GB iPod today... Since I can't live a day without having an iPod, I bought a Black 5G 30 GB. Since I'll have to order a new case and Invisibleshield, I have some questions.

InvisibleShield

1. Is it easier to use the Windex method of applying the InvisibleShield onto the iPod?
2. Will it hurt my iPod?

Hard Cases

1. Is the Agent18 case scratch-resistant? Is it shock-absorbant?
2. I am deciding on whether to buy a silicone PDair case, zCover, or wait until the iSkin comes out. I want to buy 2 colors: black and white so that I can switch between colors easily. Who should I buy it from? Which ones will still allow connectivity to the Universal dock?

Thanks

PS: I'm constantly refreshing this page so that I can get some answers and get on with my life.

iSaint

macrumors 603
I have an Agent18. It's a hard plastic, two-piece (front to back snap) encasing. While it protects the iPod from scratches, I'm not so sure about being shock absorbent. But, I would believe it's better than dropping an iPod without it. The only open spaces on the case are the top (where an iTrip fits fine), the click wheel, and the bottom. The bottom wraps around so the dock isn't usable, but the plug does fit fine.

Don't know much about the other options.

And, may I add, it must be nice to be able to buy a new iPod the same day you lose it! :cool: I sincerely hope you aren't using credit card debt to do so. My two-cents, been there and done that.

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
iSaint said:
...The only open spaces on the case are the top (where an iTrip fits fine), the click wheel, and the bottom. The bottom wraps around so the dock isn't usable, but the plug does fit fine...

Well since it's a 5g, wouldn't the iTrip have to go on the bottom (dock connection)? And since the bottom is wrapped around, the iTrip wouldn't fit?

iSaint

macrumors 603
the_freddinator said:
Well since it's a 5g, wouldn't the iTrip have to go on the bottom (dock connection)? And since the bottom is wrapped around, the iTrip wouldn't fit?

Sorry, I didn't consider the new layout of the 5G. I have a 4G, so you'll have to take my comments with a grain of salt until you can find someone who has 5G experience.

TheMasin9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2004
Huber Heights, OH
invisible shield

i used soapy water to apply my invisible shield to my ipod 5g, all the soap in the water does is lower surface tension to allow the shield to slide around while you are putting it in its place, do be careful with this though. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!! i have seen some pretty sad invisible shield applications with soap bublles remaining underneath it. I cringe and im like OOOO u ruin the perfection that is your ipod....

and no, it doesnt damage your ipod at all, mine still looks like the day i got it,

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
TheMasin9 said:
i used soapy water to apply my invisible shield to my ipod 5g, all the soap in the water does is lower surface tension to allow the shield to slide around while you are putting it in its place, do be careful with this though. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!! i have seen some pretty sad invisible shield applications with soap bublles remaining underneath it. I cringe and im like OOOO u ruin the perfection that is your ipod....

and no, it doesnt damage your ipod at all, mine still looks like the day i got it,
I used the prescribed method when I put one of my phone's screen, and I must say it came out damned fine :D

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
Plymouthbreezer said:
So you lost a new $400 iPod, and just bought another one...?!

1. Since I am a college student, I have an educational discount
2. I lost a $370 iPod
3. I bought a $270 iPod. I gave my parents my 4G, so I don't have it anymore.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
how does one lose an iPod, don't you check to see if you have it all the time.... Stolen is one thing, but lost, you can lose a pen but c'mon an ipod.... i know its small but its not that small

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Why did you get a 30 gig instead of a 60 gig? Even though its $100 more, you could have waited a bit and gotten the bigger space instead of buying it THAT DAY. I mean, you could have used the good old walkman for a day...

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
dotdotdot said:
Why did you get a 30 gig instead of a 60 gig? Even though its $100 more, you could have waited a bit and gotten the bigger space instead of buying it THAT DAY. I mean, you could have used the good old walkman for a day...

1. I only use like 10 GB, so I don't need that much space... and battery time
2. I'm currently boycotting Sony.

Scruge

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2005
iHateWindows said:
1. I only use like 10 GB, so I don't need that much space... and battery time
2. I'm currently boycotting Sony.
rofl why boycott sony?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.