Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lieb39

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hello everyone,

I got a new powerbook and since the moment i took it out of the box the up key has been off, been 'loose' (refer to photos.) It's basically sticking more up on the left side (more so then the other keys). I treat this thing like a baby so I don't want to just rip off the up key without some comfort that I won't be damaging it more. Suggestions to fix it?

pb1key.jpg

pb2key.jpg

Thanks,

lieb39

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
On my new 15" PB, I've had that happen to two keys, and even with me babying them, they ended up flying off the keyboard within a few days.

Both keys had broken clips, so there was no way to reattach them.

First time it happened, the store popped a new key back on. The second time it happend, AppleCare had me send in my laptop and they replaced the whole keyboard.

Will Cheyney

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2005
United Kingdom
Just check to see if the clips have some 'uncliped'. Push it down too see if they reattach themselves
Also, try removing the key and pressing it back on.

If none of these work, then there is something wrong with it! 1-800-MY-APPLE

Will Cheyney

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2005
United Kingdom
Another thing, why on American keyboards do the keys have 'shift', 'control' and 'return' written on them, when on a UK/European keyboard, we have symbols instead?

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Will Cheyney said:
Another thing, why on American keyboards do the keys have 'shift', 'control' and 'return' written on them, when on a UK/European keyboard, we have symbols instead?
Why not search for it or start a new thread instead of spamming up this one? By the way, you can edit post if you want to add info after you've submitted your post. There is no reason to post two thread just a minute apart, unless you are going 'Tar hunting.

Will Cheyney

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2005
United Kingdom
The only reason I added that comment was because somehow I managed to post two of the first message (happened to me a couple of times recently) :confused:
I thought I'd edit with something a bit more 'profound' than, "WOOOOPS DOUBLE POST!!"

A bit more worthwhile, wouldn't you agree?

Besides, it's hardly 'spamming'...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.