Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamsMochi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
I'm trying to use an image as a wallpaper but it always starts off super zoomed in for some annoying reason. I can drag it out so it fits but then it snaps back to the zoomed one and won't let me crop it that way.

Is there an app that will get the dimensions right so a photo fits nicely on the screen? ios6 was kinda similar but there were ways around that with apps. Even if I edit it in whitagram or something it still starts off super zoomed in -_-

Rageonomics

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
I'm having the same problem. Wallpaper looks fine in the camera roll but when you set it to lock screen it blows up and you can't seem to change it.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Lockscreen image is full-screen now, so for best results use a portrait-orientation image instead of a landscape-orientation image. I understand you can reduce the zoom somewhat by selecting "reduce motion" in Accessibility.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
It's the parallax. You can either disable it or use wallpapers with the size: 744x1392

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
It's because it has to be zoomed in for the parallax effect to work. You can turn off the parallax effect if you want, and then it won't zoom the image at all.

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion(On)

SamsMochi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
It's because it has to be zoomed in for the parallax effect to work. You can turn off the parallax effect if you want, and then it won't zoom the image at all.

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion(On)

Thanks, worked perfectly!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.