Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChelseaJK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already (I did a search but didn't find anything), but is anyone else not getting a text/iMessage sound?

I don't have the mute button switched on, and I've the ringer volume turned all the way up. I have 'Show on Lock Screen' turned off to save battery, but I did in iOS6 as well. When I first updated the sound would go off when I got a message, but now there's nothing. I unlock my phone and am surprised to see that I've a new text. I tried turning my phone off and on, and resetting it but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already (I did a search but didn't find anything), but is anyone else not getting a text/iMessage sound?

I don't have the mute button switched on, and I've the ringer volume turned all the way up. I have 'Show on Lock Screen' turned off to save battery, but I did in iOS6 as well. When I first updated the sound would go off when I got a message, but now there's nothing. I unlock my phone and am surprised to see that I've a new text. I tried turning my phone off and on, and resetting it but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Is do not disturb on?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So you would get a sound/vibration for a text message when the phone is locked even though you turned off the ability to be notified of new messages while the phone is locked?

RoyalStone

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2013
Do you have a tone set in settings > notification center > messages? If not, that could be the problem.

Shoguns

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
Same problem with mine until I went into settings,and where it says manual it was green so I clicked on it and it turned white which allowed text messages to come to my phone and make a noise.to get to manual click on 'do not disturb'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.