PDA

View Full Version : No Text Alert Sound

ChelseaJK
Sep 23, 2013, 08:40 PM
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already (I did a search but didn't find anything), but is anyone else not getting a text/iMessage sound?

I don't have the mute button switched on, and I've the ringer volume turned all the way up. I have 'Show on Lock Screen' turned off to save battery, but I did in iOS6 as well. When I first updated the sound would go off when I got a message, but now there's nothing. I unlock my phone and am surprised to see that I've a new text. I tried turning my phone off and on, and resetting it but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Tyler23
Sep 23, 2013, 08:47 PM
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already (I did a search but didn't find anything), but is anyone else not getting a text/iMessage sound?

I don't have the mute button switched on, and I've the ringer volume turned all the way up. I have 'Show on Lock Screen' turned off to save battery, but I did in iOS6 as well. When I first updated the sound would go off when I got a message, but now there's nothing. I unlock my phone and am surprised to see that I've a new text. I tried turning my phone off and on, and resetting it but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Is do not disturb on?

ChelseaJK
Sep 23, 2013, 09:43 PM
Nope. I never have turned Do not Disturb on.

C DM
Sep 24, 2013, 08:22 PM
So you would get a sound/vibration for a text message when the phone is locked even though you turned off the ability to be notified of new messages while the phone is locked?

RoyalStone
Sep 24, 2013, 08:42 PM
Do you have a tone set in settings > notification center > messages? If not, that could be the problem.

Shoguns
Jan 2, 2014, 05:38 AM
Same problem with mine until I went into settings,and where it says manual it was green so I clicked on it and it turned white which allowed text messages to come to my phone and make a noise.to get to manual click on 'do not disturb'