Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
I must have downloaded a rogue app that literally took over my S4 with ads, kept me from using Google Search, instigated a fraud alert to my bank who denied access to their app ... It was a mess.

A Samsung rep in Best Buy tried to fix it, couldn't, had me wipe and restore. That didn't fix it either. Somehow hardware got corrupted!!!!!

AT&T had a replacement S4 at my door in 24 hours. Their understanding and service was exemplary!

Looon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
Someone save this one for the records we may never see a thread praising AT&T ever again. :p

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Not really.

But I do agree AT&T's customer service has been excellent each time I've contacted them.

Ditto...i have had to replace 2 defective phones this year.....they replaced them no questions asked.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Their CS used to suck. But lately they have been good, even their stores operate like Apple stores with the employees doing everything on tablets.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Good customer service is worth paying a large telephone bill for.
As a paying customer. I have an expectation of good customer support, if any company is unable to provide a level support that is considered good then I move on. My bill size has nothing to do with it.

For the record, I've had good experiences with ATT and VZW, so much so that other factors come into play when deciding which carrier to go too. Sprint is pathetic and was not helpful to my wife so we avoid that one.

For the OP - great news in getting your phone fixed by the rep, we always here about problems so its nice to see some good news.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I must have downloaded a rogue app that literally took over my S4 with ads, kept me from using Google Search, instigated a fraud alert to my bank who denied access to their app ... It was a mess.

A Samsung rep in Best Buy tried to fix it, couldn't, had me wipe and restore. That didn't fix it either. Somehow hardware got corrupted!!!!!

AT&T had a replacement S4 at my door in 24 hours. Their understanding and service was exemplary!

I just do not understand how software can corrupt hardware ? I assume you never restored the firmware fully in Kies which literally wipes your device utterly - the factory restore you did on the handset may have not been enough, but still amazed a file got so embedded in an area that should have only been accessible if you were rooted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.