PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! (iPod won't play unless plugged in)

vondutch194
Dec 6, 2005, 04:54 PM
Ok i know this sounds a bit pathetic, but its not im a totally clueless. I have a iPod mini and last night i downloaded the new software for my iPod mini, i followed the instructions and plugged it into the wall with the usb cord and the plug but it is saying i need to plug it in everytime i turn it on, i cant listen to songs or do anything with it, itunes isnt reconizing it and i've already reset it but the same thing this plug with a arrow to the plug socket comes up!!! I am in love with my iPod and my parents wont by me a new one!!!! HELP what do i do!!!!

vondutch194
Dec 6, 2005, 04:59 PM
I have a iPod mini and last night i downloaded the new software for my iPod mini, i followed the instructions and plugged it into the wall with the usb cord and the plug but it is saying i need to plug it in everytime i turn it on, i cant listen to songs or do anything with it, itunes isnt reconizing it and i've already reset it but the same thing this plug with a arrow to the plug socket comes up!!! I am in love with my iPod and my parents wont by me a new one!!!! HELP what do i do!!!!

liketom
Dec 6, 2005, 05:02 PM
go straight to Apple's support and follow the help there

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/power/

vondutch194
Dec 6, 2005, 05:07 PM
thanks liketom!!!!

liketom
Dec 6, 2005, 05:09 PM
thanks liketom!!!!
no problem , let us know if it worked for you

vondutch194
Dec 6, 2005, 05:17 PM
it sed i needa download the new software which i have, its not working!!!

liketom
Dec 6, 2005, 05:33 PM
it sed i needa download the new software which i have, its not working!!!

reset you mini again - reboot you mac and plug in -

mad jew
Dec 6, 2005, 06:22 PM
Firstly, I'd try resetting it by holding down the middle button and the top of the click wheel. This probably won't work but it's worth a try.

If you have all the music on your computer still and don't mind deleting everything on the iPod for now, I'd restore it again using the iPod Software Updater and then start over - reinstall firmware, plug into wall, re-sync music. :)

bepster
Dec 6, 2005, 06:39 PM
dude, the first thing you should do is adjusting your font-colour... this pink is makin' my head spin...

iSaint
Dec 6, 2005, 08:33 PM
dude, the first thing you should do is adjusting your font-colour... this pink is makin' my head spin...

at least s/he's original!

EricNau
Dec 6, 2005, 08:41 PM
I'd bet on a HDD failure - is it under warranty still? If so, just bring it into an Apple Store and make them fix it.

freeny
Dec 7, 2005, 08:48 AM
ditto on that:cool:

also try to give a better description in your title. HELP!!!????

Kernow
Dec 7, 2005, 09:13 AM
ditto on that:cool:

also try to give a better description in your title. HELP!!!????

S/he did both here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=165704) yesterday - seems like a duplicate thread to me.

Anyway, I would go with what Mad Jew says - reinstalling via the iPod updater.

Maybe I'm reading the original post wrong and doing you a disservice, but you say that you are plugging it into the wall, but make no mention of the computer. The wall will not update the iPod :D , but if you run the iPod updater and follow the instructions for plugging into the computer and returning to factory settings, hopefully you should have some luck.

Doctor Q
Dec 7, 2005, 05:09 PM
The two threads have been merged.