Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WaxTheories

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta
Alrighty, got a problem. I have some videos in iTunes but they won't go over to the video ipod. They're "quicktime movie files" and ".mpg", but when I go to update the ipod it says that they "were not copied to the ipod because they cannot be played on this ipod."

Is this a bug? The iTunes version is 6.0.1.

KKKL

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Amoy
use quicktime pro
and export to iPod compatible video
iPod does not support mpg format

Video support:
H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats

WaxTheories

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta
Got anything for Windows? I have a mac but the friend who's have the problems (and who has the ipod) has Windows. Thanks for the replies guys.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
WaxTheories said:
Got anything for Windows? I have a mac but the friend who's have the problems (and who has the ipod) has Windows. Thanks for the replies guys.

Sorry, nothing comes to mind that is as free, easy-to-use and effective as the above mentioned solutions - which shouldn't come as a surprise, when comparing OS X to Windows... ;) :cool:

Good luck in finding a solution though - hopefully someone here will have one for ya. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.