PDA

View Full Version : Caution - Distressing for Nano users

Nezza
Dec 10, 2005, 10:59 AM
Well despite taking as much care of it as humanly possible, my Nano succumb to the curse of the cracked screen. Wasn't even a scratch on it, just took it out of my breast pocket (no pressure, unlike with jeans ) and argghh.

Apple are going to replace it (after a 37 minute phone call), but still very annoying.

iGary
Dec 10, 2005, 11:04 AM
They're jewelry as far as I am concerned. Beautiful, but too small to be functional or durable.

Applespider
Dec 10, 2005, 11:07 AM
The marks on the screen looked like you kissed it wearing black lipstick ;)

Enjoy the new one when it arrives...

Chappers
Dec 10, 2005, 12:08 PM
Bad luck with the old one - good luck with the new.

I have sat on mine - dropped it and about a month ago dropped it down the toilet (after I had used it and before flushing). Washed it through several time with distilled water and dried it out in a warm place. Its still happy.

Obviously mine will die the day after the guarantee runs out.

displaced
Dec 10, 2005, 12:35 PM
dropped it down the toilet (after I had used it and before flushing).

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!....

:eek: :D

2nyRiggz
Dec 10, 2005, 01:46 PM
dude what did u do to your ipod?........gotta be careful.

Bless

Dark
Dec 10, 2005, 02:03 PM
Thats exactly why I diddnt get a Nano...Im still using my 4th gen, non color I-Pod. Its beat up, but it still works great. Im 15, I bring my iPod everywhere, and to have something all new and shiny just doesnt mix good with me.

rosalindavenue
Dec 10, 2005, 02:21 PM
A lady at the gym on an elliptical machine next to mine the other day had a black nano; she dropped it and picked it up and it still worked and was unharmed (as far as I could tell). So it seems like some of them are acceptably tough; anyway.

hyperpasta
Dec 10, 2005, 02:51 PM
A lady at the gym on an elliptical machine next to mine the other day had a black nano; she dropped it and picked it up and it still worked and was unharmed (as far as I could tell). So it seems like some of them are acceptably tough; anyway.

Most of them are. Ars Technica ran one over with a car and it still worked, accept the LCD snapped and wet crazy.

Ryan1524
Dec 11, 2005, 09:04 AM
i dropped my nano in a puddle of water. withdrew it immediately and shook most of the water off. but the hold button was acting funny, it didn't actually HOLD properly. so i went to my bio lab, and put it in the autoclave (sterilizing oven at 85C) for five minutes. it came out burning hot, and dry. this was two months ago. it's still happy, for now. :)

SolidSnake
Dec 14, 2005, 02:29 PM
prob your fault.. i'm sorry but it does look like you f'd it up.. if you really didn't do it, don't bash me.. i don't know how that could just happen ya know?

Nezza
Dec 14, 2005, 03:03 PM
prob your fault.. i'm sorry but it does look like you f'd it up.. if you really didn't do it, don't bash me.. i don't know how that could just happen ya know?

No bashing, but I'd love to know what happened to it a well. I've taken care of that thing like a baby. It wasn't dropped, slammed, jarred or bumped. It didn't even have any marks at all on it. Never kept in a trouser pocket, only in a shirt or the inside of my jacket.

The only explanation I can even think of is that it was caused by walking home in the cold and then coming into a warm house. But even I think that is very unlikely.

I've managed to take an iBook around the world and not get a mark on that, but it appears that I can't take a Nano from work to home!

Stupid thing is that didn't think Apple would replace it so I bought another one the next day. Then I phoned Apple and they said they would replace it!

rickvanr
Dec 14, 2005, 03:07 PM

Have been in a cave? :p

This has actually been happening a lot. A manufacturing mishap early on in the production line I do believe. I think I remember hearing Apple is replacing them with a no questions stance. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A friend of mine got one, and I just hope the same doesn't happen to him because it's his first Apple product.

mkrishnan
Dec 14, 2005, 03:08 PM
The marks on the screen looked like you kissed it wearing black lipstick ;)

Note to self: Do not let vampire play with replacement iPod Nano when it comes in. :eek: :o :D

Hope you have better luck with round two! :)