Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2005
Ok, this is probably a retarded question but I've looked through the manual, and the help menu, and I can't find an answer:

Aren't there default shortcut keys? I know some, but I thought there was one for adding clips to the timeline. I can't figure out what it is. I should be able to just highlight a clip in a bin, then press the apple key + something to add it to the timeline, right? Once again, poorly written manuals are impeding my progress. Any help would be amazing! Thanks.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
It appears there isn't a KB shortcut for adding clips to the timeline.

Have you checked the Keyboard Shortcuts.pdf file located in the DVD Studio Pro User Manual.pdf package contents?

~/Library/Documentation/FCS Documentation/DVD Studio Pro User Manual.pdf/Contents/Resources/*.lproj/

Here's to the Crazy Ones

DrRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2005
Duh!

I'm an idiot. First off, I meant FCP HD, not DVD SP. (i edited the original) Secondly, I finally found it in my Quick reference quide. It's F9. But, strangely enough, when I hit F9, it goes to like "show all" on my desktop. Anyway, I'll use the "overwrite clip" button. Thanks guys!

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
DrRock said:
I'm an idiot. First off, I meant FCP HD, not DVD SP. (i edited the original) Secondly, I finally found it in my Quick reference quide. It's F9. But, strangely enough, when I hit F9, it goes to like "show all" on my desktop. Anyway, I'll use the "overwrite clip" button. Thanks guys!
You have to change the Expose shortcut keys because they override FCP's shortcuts.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.