Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

job

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Just finished watching it.

I'm happy as can be...

My dad and I are big OSU fans. (Sorry MacAztec ;) :p)

Tonights game has to be one of the best football games I have ever seen.

Go to http://espn.com or cnn.com

Any of the major news sites will have it somewhere.

job

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Simply Amazing.

Attachments

• doss.jpg
    doss.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 193

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
I watched the game and I wanted OSU to win because I wanted Miami's winning streak to end. I think Miami should have won that game, that was a terrible call by the ref with the pass interference. but hey, things like that happen in a football game and there is nothing you can do about it.

iJon

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Best game I think I have seen since the '83 Orange Bowl (Nebraska-Miami). Time to hear all of the Miami fans to start whining about the "bad call". It was pass interference. Watch the FULL replay, not the last 2 seconds of the catch that ABC kept showing. The interference happened early and often. I love it.

OSU did it!

Gus

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Pass Interference:
I watched the whole play unfold. Yes he was draped over him in the beginning of the play. But the ball wasn't thrown yet. The call was PASS INTERFERENCE, not HOLDING. When the ball was in the air, it was a clean play. Watch the entire replay yourself.;)
That said, it truly was a bad call.

The Outcome:
I'm from Minnesota (who won the Music City Bowl thank you very much) so I'm all for the Big Ten. GO OSU!!!:D

The Game:
Double overtime in the championship game. Plays going down to fourth down. The tying field goal barely makes it into the uprights. Controverisal call. Great defense.

A classic football game right down to the finish. :)

KoKOPop

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2003
OK, if that's what you believe, BUT, this game would have been over in regulation time if the refs would have called holding against Miami with about 2.5 min to go. Gamble was held on a 3 down pass attempt - replays show it was a blown non-call. If Ohio State gets the call; they run the clock out and win in regulation time.

Bottom line: Ohio State beat those guys up physically. There are no excuses.

Yes, I agree with you, this was a classic football game. The best football game I ever witnessed.

Go OSU

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
OverAcheiver:
I just watched the tape I made of the game, and I stand corrected-it was defensive holding, not pass interference. That said, KoKOPop is right about the non-call. There were actually 2 of them. But who cares now? Miami lost. :)

Regards,
Gus

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Originally posted by idkew
damn good game. enjoyed it very much.

too bad iowa was not in it.

Yeah, what happened to Iowa? I was really rooting for them to win. Being a Nebraska fan I can say this-Iowa played that game like NU did all season. Sorry about the loss man, I really did want them to win.

Regards,
Gus

krhodus

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2001
Dublin, OH
i am a huge bucks fan (my dad works at the university). i was really pleased by the outcome of the game. since the game ended a local shop has been making 3000 national champion shirts an hour and the all sold out today.:D :D

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2002
Chinatown NYC
Originally posted by Gus

Yeah, what happened to Iowa? I was really rooting for them to win. Being a Nebraska fan I can say this-Iowa played that game like NU did all season. Sorry about the loss man, I really did want them to win.

Regards,
Gus

USC happened to Iowa :D

Go Pac-10!!! (I grew up in Oregon)

A sad note: the Pac 10 is the only BCS conference now without a national championship. In 5 years of BCS, though, 5 different conferences have won. Pretty amazing record!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by Gus
Best game I think I have seen since the '83 Orange Bowl (Nebraska-Miami). Time to hear all of the Miami fans to start whining about the "bad call". It was pass interference. Watch the FULL replay, not the last 2 seconds of the catch that ABC kept showing. The interference happened early and often. I love it.

OSU did it!

Gus

Remember the game like it was yesterday. Lived in Nebraska then, a bitter diappointment. Tom Osborn wanted a clean win, a tie isn't the solution. He tried for the 2 point conversion and lost. :(

I'm a native Buckeye, proud of them. My father-in-law is an alumni of OSU, medical school.

Go Buckeye's, 14-0 record this year, they deserved it. A long drought, 1968 they defeated USC 27 - 16. Had a 10-0 record that year. I think they defeated OJ Simpson that year (killer of Nicole's), possibly the same year he won the Heisman!

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
As bitter a pill as that loss was, Dr. Tom made the right choice. Go for the win. I'm sure he would have liked to go back and try a different play, I don't think he would go back and kick it instead. That's why you had to like the guy.

Regards,
Gus

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Thank you Gus for your comments! Dr. Tom is now a Congressman from Nebraska, Republican. He always has displayed his high moral character! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.