Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
While I am using the Poetic Slimline, I also wanted to give the Invellop case a try.

My thoughts:

Awesome case. Cutouts are spot on. Wake/sleep works perfectly. Very nice microfiber lining. Cover lays perfectly flat on the screen! I got both the hot pink and red cases and the colors are gorgeous! I particularly love that Invellop maintained the four panel cover! rather than the trifold that Apple and everybody else is using. Much easier to handle and can be folded inside out as well.

If there is a negative, it might bother some that the case isn't a precise fit on all four edges. It doesn't bother me at all because the iPad is well protected. Also, price is now $5.00 more than I paid :(

Overall, I highly recommend!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FETYR1A/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
I ordered it the other day still waiting for delivery.

Is it heavy? I read some where it's about 7.6oz.

Also is it fairly thin?

I liked the fact that there is a magnet on the back to keep the cover in place when using it book mode.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I like it, it's thin and light. My only complaint would be the cut out around the volume buttons isn't very sturdy and I had to stretch out the headphone cut out to fit my l-shaped headphones. Other than that it's quite solid.

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
The cutout around the volume buttons is substantial on both of mine.

I actually think this feels lighter and thinner than the poetic Slimline, not sure why.

fredylee

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2013
The cutout around the volume buttons is substantial on both of mine.

I actually think this feels lighter and thinner than the poetic Slimline, not sure why.

Can you measure the exact weight of the case? Thank you

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I have it ordered already:
amunuga9.jpg

It shipped today. I will update this thread when I get it. I am getting a refund for it if I review it.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Just got the Invellop case in brown for the Air. It does add a little weight, but otherwise it's a fantastic case for the price.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I've had 3 of these invellops for myself and my wife for the mini. Each one has had the stitching come loose all along the side. 2 of them saw the edges separate and fray. This was after about 2 months of daily use.

Nice looking, slim, good magnet, inexpensive, but ultimately crap.

Last edited:

cbb77

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
Please post some pictures. Been debating this one vs. the Poetic version for my wife. Would like to see how well the 4 panel works on this.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered this case too. My main thing is for the front flap to adhere to the back when using in book mode. I really like the fit of Apple's smart case but don't want to waste my $ on something that can't be a stand either. I wish other cases were as spot on with fit and coverage. Not really a big fan of having the ports open.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
OMG you got the tempered glass too? I didn't know Invellop made that. I'm leaning toward the plastic Moshi reusable screen protection tho. Looking forward to your thoughts on the case. Mine should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
OMG you got the tempered glass too? I didn't know Invellop made that. I'm leaning toward the plastic Moshi reusable screen protection tho. Looking forward to your thoughts on the case. Mine should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Yes I did get the glass screen protector and it works great plus it is cheap(https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1666963/). Just does not work well with the case. Cover does not lay flat because of the glass screen protector. Trying to stretch it out at the moment...
vy9ysa3u.jpg

GDI999

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
I have it ordered already:
It shipped today. I will update this thread when I get it. I am getting a refund for it if I review it.

Nice case and you're getting a full refund just leaving a review on Amazon? Are they offering this to everyone that makes the purchase on Amazon

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I also received my iPad Air case from Invellop. It's black and it's nice. I won't get my Air until after thanksgiving so I can't give a tried and true review. From first impressions: like the leatherette feel to it,doesn't feel like crap. Four panels is a good touch so it can fold up as a stand(bought a nice stand off of Amazon too) and left hand grip for holding in portrait. Magnets adhere the flap to rear of case so it can be used in book mode with no unnecessary flapping. In the pic is also the stand I ordered and the Amazon Basics neoprene bag with handles. Spent $50 including shipping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 290

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I also received my iPad Air case from Invellop. It's black and it's nice. I won't get my Air until after thanksgiving so I can't give a tried and true review. From first impressions: like the leatherette feel to it,doesn't feel like crap. Four panels is a good touch so it can fold up as a stand(bought a nice stand off of Amazon too) and left hand grip for holding in portrait. Magnets adhere the flap to rear of case so it can be used in book mode with no unnecessary flapping. In the pic is also the stand I ordered and the Amazon Basics neoprene bag with handles. Spent $50 including shipping.

I have the same stand as you:) is it Akron or the other 5-10 companies that make the same stand?

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
This shows how the flap is securely attached to the rear by magnets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 300

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
The four panels form to make a secure grip for portrait orientation. This is made well enough for me to be confident in my purchase and not blow $80 when I go get my iPad Air.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 244

acatwig

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
Just got mine in the mail today. Fit is perfect and quality is premium.

Ws7WBQG.jpg

I7fzXSv.jpg

sdGvSHt.jpg

bQ0t6Bc.jpg

Ks1NfjP.jpg

P.s. it weighs 8.1oz/.51lb/230g, a tad on the heavy side though I have no other cases to compare to.

westcoastin

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Just got mine in the mail today. Fit is perfect and quality is premium.

P.s. it weighs 8.1oz/.51lb/230g, a tad on the heavy side though I have no other cases to compare to.

Case looks good. How are you liking it? Does the iPad feel significantly heavier with the case on? Mine should arrive sometime next week.

MarkLal

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
I too would like to know how significant is the added weight due to the case. I love the Air's lightness, if it adds significant weight then it would be a no go for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.