Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
The added weight is the only thing that I don't care for about this case. Everything else about it is great, but to me, the added weight is noticeable. It's not what I would call heavy, but it does add about half the weight of the iPad Air itself. I've ordered a Kavaj Berlin case to see if the weight issue is lessened with that case.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Look at the amazon pic for the white one. The flap does not fit the case.

User submitted pic.

No one here showed the flap lay flat.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Check these pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 178

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
The added weight is the only thing that I don't care for about this case. Everything else about it is great, but to me, the added weight is noticeable. It's not what I would call heavy, but it does add about half the weight of the iPad Air itself. I've ordered a Kavaj Berlin case to see if the weight issue is lessened with that case.

I've found that going from a naked Ipad or even an Ipad with the Smart Cover to a full case is going to bug me weight wise. Give yourself a week using the Invellop and then assess how it feels. You might decide it's fine (that's what happened to me using the Devicewear Ridge).

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire

Mr. Gossett - Too funny - you and I have the same likes in cases. I remember your name from this forum when I was last looking for a new case for my iPad 3. I am sporting the Poetic slimline cases right now - which I really like. They are very good for what they are. However, I'm still looking for a lighter and super slim format. As light as the Poetic is, it still isn't as light feeling as a leather case without the hard back. I ordered the Berlin case also. It's been shipped and I'm un patiently waiting for its arrival. I hope it is good quality and fits well as some of the reviews complain about both. Very mixed - some love it and others really can't get the holes to line up due to being too tight. Let us know your thoughts when you get your Berlin.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
The cover on my brown case lays flat, so no issue there on mine. The case is really excellent in every way, except for the extra weight, which I might get used to. The reviews on Amazon for the Berlin case are mixed - some love it and some say it's poor quality, so we'll see. I should get it on Tuesday, and I can give a Berlin report then.

ronkuba

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Looking at some of the reviews on amazon it looks like they are having problems with some of the colors. I noticed the first question invellop ask when somebody leaves a negative feedback is what color they ordered.

I'm guessing the weight issue is because of the 4 folds(although I don't know how much that would add) and the magnet on the back for book mode.

I have a joy factory smart suit on order but if they keep delaying it I might cancel and order this. Will keep a eye on this thread to see how it shacks out.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Here's a few shots of my brown case. Great case - no issues at all - if it could just lose a little weight...

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 166

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
It looks like they hired a second-grader to make those cutouts with safety scissors (in reference to the white one).

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
I have two of these cases . One in red and one in pink. Both covers lay perfectly flat. And the cut outs sure don't look like those white ones do.

westcoastin

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Received my red case yesterday, so I thought I'd share some pictures in case anybody is interested in how red looks on a white iPad.

6suqF0G.jpg

oM9JrmF.jpg

QlHj0vj.jpg

My only gripe with the case is that the cover does not lay completely flat on the screen as you can see in the third picture. It's not as bad as some of the white covers that have been posted in this thread, but it's still kind of noticeable. Other than that, it's a fine case. Some have said that it makes the iPad feel heavy, but to me the added grip, protection, and stand capabilities outweigh the additional weight.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Received my red case yesterday, so I thought I'd share some pictures in case anybody is interested in how red looks on a white iPad.

My only gripe with the case is that the cover does not lay completely flat on the screen as you can see in the third picture. It's not as bad as some of the white covers that have been posted in this thread, but it's still kind of noticeable. Other than that, it's a fine case. Some have said that it makes the iPad feel heavy, but to me the added grip, protection, and stand capabilities outweigh the additional weight.

Invellop said this:
"Dear Customer,
We apologize for sending you cover that does not lay flat on the screen. This issue is very easy to fix, if you take a blow-dryer and heat up the side of the case where front cover meets with back cover and just pull it a little so it will stretch, that should be more than enough to make it flat on the screen.
The issue usually goes away with just a normal use after about 1 week of use.
Sincerely,
INVELLOP"

I did not try it yet but I am going to soon.

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012

I have a Poetic case and when I charge it at night I lay it screen side down in hopes that it'll keep the cover flat. Maybe that'll work with your case also.

westcoastin

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
Invellop said this:
"Dear Customer,
We apologize for sending you cover that does not lay flat on the screen. This issue is very easy to fix, if you take a blow-dryer and heat up the side of the case where front cover meets with back cover and just pull it a little so it will stretch, that should be more than enough to make it flat on the screen.
The issue usually goes away with just a normal use after about 1 week of use.
Sincerely,
INVELLOP"

I did not try it yet but I am going to soon.

Let me know how it works. I e-mailed them and they responded: "Dear Customer, Your cover should lay completely flat. We apologize for the defective item that you have received. Would you like a replacement shipped to you?" Hopefully the replacement won't have the same issue.

I have a Poetic case and when I charge it at night I lay it screen side down in hopes that it'll keep the cover flat. Maybe that'll work with your case also.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that in the meantime to see if it flattens out as I wait for the replacement to arrive.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
So I bought my ipad air last night and put my Invellop case on, it felt pretty good but I really like handling my ipad air without any case on it. I'm going to have to find a thin solution. Still there is the issue of needing protection for my $700+ investment. Oh Otterbox hurry up!!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
So I bought my ipad air last night and put my Invellop case on, it felt pretty good but I really like handling my ipad air without any case on it. I'm going to have to find a thin solution. Still there is the issue of needing protection for my $700+ investment. Oh Otterbox hurry up!!

This is my thin current case that you may like:
Poetic GraphGrip Silicone Case for Apple iPad Air (5th Generation iPad) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
http://amzn.com/B00CW1NBXI

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
Finally received my case today. Very happy with it so far. Doesn't add much bulk or weight and looks good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.