PDA

View Full Version : iBook Sound Alignment Help

slooksterPSV
Dec 18, 2005, 01:20 PM
My iBook keeps aligning the sound to one speaker or another. Sometimes this will happen if I've plugged in headphones or that, other times, when I put it to sleep, or even just a restart will do it. How can I fix this? PRAM ZAP?

enckwanzer
Dec 18, 2005, 01:26 PM
You could try a PRAM zap; but I'd be wondering if this isn't a hardware issue. Perhaps there's a wire that's not quire soldered correctly.... Have you tried calling AppleCare?

mkrishnan
Dec 18, 2005, 01:43 PM
When the balance is shifted to one side, does it show up in System Preferences -> Sound -> Output as shifted (i.e. matching what you hear) or as balanced (i.e. it says you should be hearing both speakers, but you only hear one)?

ITASOR
Dec 18, 2005, 01:59 PM
shifted (i.e. matching what you hear)

Mine does that once and a while, it's a Tiger bug. If your Sys prefs show as balanced though, that's a hardware issue.

mkrishnan
Dec 18, 2005, 02:36 PM
Mine does that once and a while, it's a Tiger bug. If your Sys prefs show as balanced though, that's a hardware issue.

Yes, exactly. Is there a fix for the Tiger bug? I've never experienced it.

ITASOR
Dec 18, 2005, 03:02 PM
Yes, exactly. Is there a fix for the Tiger bug? I've never experienced it.

Nope, no fix yet. It happens to some people ALL THE TIME. It's only happened to me once or twice in 4 months, so it doesn't really bother me now.

slooksterPSV
Dec 18, 2005, 09:11 PM
System Pref.s will show it aligned left or right, but I usually can tell when I listen to music or that. I deleted my iTunes playlist and readded everything because I rearranged my drives today for odd files (like home directory and downloads and images etc. etc. etc.). So yeah, this is a Tiger bug? Apple please fix it, there's my christmas wish.