PDA

View Full Version : wait or buy?

sikkinixx
Dec 18, 2005, 09:03 PM
as is always the issue with Apple, I dont know whether to wait to buy an ipod or to just buy it now. I havea mini but I need more room so the 30GB one sounded great but it has been 3 months since the updated and Apple has a bad habit of updating right when i buy things....

ehayut
Dec 18, 2005, 09:19 PM
they probably won't update till juneish. That's my guess. I say go for it :)

Clix Pix
Dec 18, 2005, 09:29 PM
You want an iPod now? Buy it now! I just got my first one and I'm lovin' it!

OTB

sikkinixx
Dec 18, 2005, 09:33 PM
well i will order it tomorrow, after my visa payment goes through and with the express shipping, hopefully i will have it before xmas!! student discounts rule.

zim
Dec 18, 2005, 09:34 PM
wait... you should always wait, never buy :confused: stop playing mind games and just buy it! it will make you happy :D

grapes911
Dec 18, 2005, 09:36 PM
Actually, it was only 2 months ago. The last update before that was the iPod slash Photo merger back in June, but I don't think it was a actual update. Before that is was Feburary when the Photo came out. Now IS the time to get an iPod.

dmw007
Dec 18, 2005, 10:58 PM
I say go for it. The sooner you go and buy it, the sooner you can start enjoying such a cool new iPod. :)

dmw007
Dec 18, 2005, 11:03 PM
wait... you should always wait, never buy :confused: stop playing mind games and just buy it! it will make you happy :D

Talk about playing mind games- I can still feel my head spinning... ;) :)

ToastMaster
Dec 18, 2005, 11:24 PM
Buy it. I love my 5th gen, though I really hope that Apple improves the battery life on the next update.

bepster
Dec 18, 2005, 11:31 PM
yeah yeah, buy it, buy it, everybody says "buy it"...

...but what if apple comes with a new 300 gb iPod with cellphone-, hologram-feature and "pizzaservice tracking device" just shortly after x-mas???

sikkinixx is going to kill us! :D

AudiGuy
Dec 19, 2005, 03:27 PM
id wait since you already have a mini.

chopsuey158
Dec 19, 2005, 05:11 PM
I'd wait also. You have a mini which can pull you through and there will probably be at least battery updates soon. Sure, the 5g is awesome, but the battery life ain't great, at least not on video playback... Hold back for a couple more months and you will have an even better piece of technology. If you didn't have the mini though, I'd say grab the 5g right now.

LastLine
Dec 19, 2005, 05:51 PM
yeah yeah, buy it, buy it, everybody says "buy it"...

...but what if apple comes with a new 300 gb iPod with cellphone-, hologram-feature and "pizzaservice tracking device" just shortly after x-mas???

sikkinixx is going to kill us! :D
Y'know, I'd take a 2gb with Cellphone right now :) Not like that Rokr p.o.s.. Much rather have me a click wheel :)

freebooter
Dec 20, 2005, 06:27 PM
I'm in exactly the same quandary--ipod mini owner who wants the video model. Frankly, I can/will wait, just to be sure. I say wait until after the January updates because my hunch is that there will be some improvements of the rev. a release. (esp. battery life) I sure like my mini though... I suppose I'll keep it for running etc.:rolleyes:

sikkinixx
Dec 20, 2005, 08:56 PM
what is the actual battery life like anyway? my 2nd gen 4GB mini isnt very good either and i turn the back light & eq off (most of the time)

shanebarber
Jan 10, 2006, 01:31 PM
Do you know where I can purchase an iPod in Daegu? So far, the only iPods I've seen in Korea are Minis. I have been to like 8 cities, still haven't seen the new ones for sale...

I'd kill for one! I am living in hotels, so I don't want to order one online.

BTW, MacBook Pro unveiled today.

OutThere
Jan 10, 2006, 01:33 PM
I would avoid these MacBooks like the plague until people have had them for a few months...nobody knows how they'll hold up, and if you get one now you might as well be asking to have to have send it back in two months for something or other. Wait and see what happens, then buy.

ieani
Jan 11, 2006, 07:58 PM
Buy it. Enjoy it for a while. Then sell it when the inevitable improvement gets a little cheaper.

KSource
Jan 11, 2006, 09:51 PM
Anyone know what the next update will even be?

I've been wanting to get one for over a year and decided to get one recently, but if the next wave is a minor improvement I doubt I'll wait.